Derek Tran will win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:16:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Derek Tran will win
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Derek Tran will win  (Read 679 times)
SilverStar
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2024, 06:43:46 PM »

Steel is overrated.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 12:17:41 PM »

Ok. Says who? You've offered no analysis or reason why you have specific knowledge here. If you're trying to sway the people of CA-45, a three word post is a very poor method of doing so.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 12:35:55 PM »

I'll admit to being a D hack on CA-45 (which btw is maybe 25% Vietnamese CVAP at most), how heavily Asian areas will vote in 2024, and more broadly where both Vietnamese voters and AAPIs stand within the Dem coalition. But the primary results do suggest that Derek Tran has a better shot of winning than Jay Chen did.

Dems overperformed in majority Vietnamese precincts in CA-45 relative to partisan turnout

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 01:32:32 PM »

Atlas gives you 22,000 characters to make an articulate argument for why you believe something. Putting 3 words in a topic thread is a waste, and I recommend you delete this post or come back and actually elaborate and write something beyond a twitter troll post. You can have hot takes, but making low effort threads ruins the forum's quality.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 01:35:08 PM »

You want an analyst? okay.
Steel
1.Only outperformed Trump by 3 in 2020
2.Only won by 4 in 2022
3.Is doing worse in the 2024 primary than she did in 2022
3.Tran in Vietnamese
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 04:29:17 PM »

Steel
2.Only won by 4 in 2022
3.Tran in Vietnamese

1. She is running against an incumbent
3. In her 2022 primary she got less than half the vote... she got nearly 55% this time. That is just false

Additionally her district was carried by the GOP nominees statewide for both Senate and Gov in 2022. I expect Garvey to carry it in November.

Steele has outperformed the rest of the GOP ticket every time she has been on the ballot with them.  I expect that to continue
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 04:37:06 PM »

Steel
2.Only won by 4 in 2022
3.Tran in Vietnamese

3. In her 2022 primary she got less than half the vote... she got nearly 55% this time. That is just false

Additionally her district was carried by the GOP nominees statewide for both Senate and Gov in 2022. I expect Garvey to carry it in November.

Steele has outperformed the rest of the GOP ticket every time she has been on the ballot with them.  I expect that to continue

1 is a fair point but 3 is not: there was another Republican on the ballot in 2022 and there wasn’t in 2024.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 04:56:36 PM »

Steel
2.Only won by 4 in 2022
3.Tran in Vietnamese

1 is a fair point but 3 is not: there was another Republican on the ballot in 2022 and there wasn’t in 2024.

The difference between both GOP candidates in 2022 and her own performance in 2024 is not large. (Less than 2%) Additionally we have numerus examples of Democrats voting for the less electable gop candidates in primaries . With only 1 democrat running in 2022 I have no doubt that some of those votes for the third candidate in 2022 aren't really GOP voters. How many is unclear but in 2024 there was only 1 GOP candidate and a few democrats so there was no comparable "tactical GOP" votes.

Even if you dismiss my points on tactical voters, if Steel underforms her 2022 general by the same way she "underperformed" the total GOP 2022 primary vote, Steel still wins
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 10:34:49 AM »

Ok. Says who? You've offered no analysis or reason why you have specific knowledge here. If you're trying to sway the people of CA-45, a three word post is a very poor method of doing so.

That is par for the course for this user. They just post all of these unlikely predictions and treat it as gospel.

Also I thought we had already learned that presidential results are not a good baseline for House results in CA.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2024, 06:26:06 AM »

That is par for the course for this user. They just post all of these unlikely predictions and treat it as gospel.

Also I thought we had already learned that presidential results are not a good baseline for House results in CA.
Cope,Tran will win.
Steel beraly won in a red wave against a weak opponent.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2024, 06:28:19 AM »

Steel
2.Only won by 4 in 2022
3.Tran in Vietnamese

Steele has outperformed the rest of the GOP ticket every time she has been on the ballot with them.  I expect that to continue
Kim also ran against an incumbent and outperformed Trump by 11.
Yes,her performance were weak in both 2020 and 2022.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies