Economic Policy Advisory Committee. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:10:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Economic Policy Advisory Committee. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Economic Policy Advisory Committee.  (Read 2101 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: July 19, 2004, 05:19:23 PM »

As Treasury Sectary I have many ideas about what to propose in relation to economic policy however I believe it would be prudent for me to create a “Brian Trust” with regards to Economic Policy to better inform my recommendations to the president.  

So if anyone has any suggestions as far as economic policy goes then please feel free to suggest them on this thread.

Some thoughts I have had regard welfare reform, tax cuts for middle and lower income groups and working family tax credits as well as tax cuts and incentives for business… but these are only broad ideas at the moment in a few days I hope to release a full report of recommendations for economic policy which I will send to the President and then other cabinet members and then post for all to see.

So any ideas please… I’m interested to hear what people have to suggest Smiley      
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 02:33:06 AM »

A "Brian Trust" eh?  I love Monty Python's Life of Brian!

D'oh!
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 04:32:05 AM »

Handzus your suggestions are duly noted, personally i find your recommendations on welfare very interesting, I have a lot of shifts at work this week but fear not the recommendations of the Treasury department will be released as soon as I can give it some serious time and consideration Smiley but in the mean time please elaborate on your ideas on welfare and lets have some input from others on the forum to...  
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:58:12 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2004, 11:59:57 AM by Sec. Treasury. Ben »

: PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT :

The Final Draft of my reconditions for Economic Policy will be posted to the president and some time later to the Vice President and the rest of the cabinet on Wednesday Evening the next day these recommendations will be posted on this thread and then shortly afterwards I will issue a statement from the offices of the Treasury Department.

Thank you.  
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 12:42:06 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2004, 12:42:43 PM by Sec. Treasury. Ben »

Ben,

With oil nearing $50 a barrel due to the Mexican rig fire, perhaps the middle class tax cut could come in the form of the elimination of the gas tax.  Its basically a flat tax, and it hurts the bottom end of the economic spectrum the most.  If we cut it, we can get prices at the pump near or below $2 a gallon again.

Just a thought.

Very good idea Ford... sorry to take a while to get back ta ya on it.

I will give the details more thoughts soon, but as things stand right now that is a very good idea, I was thinking that a portion of the taxcut could come from consumer goods, my hope being that while revenue will initially fall in the long term increased buying will mean increased revenue through tax.

But a good though... by the way did you get the email I sent off?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 02:37:08 PM »

Ben,

Yes, and I double checked it before posting the gas tax idea.  I didn't see many specifics on what the targeted tax cut would be, so I threw this out there once Ernest posted his $50 oil story.

Yeah, I mentioned that the very nature of any Atlantsian Admin means facts and specifics are pretty low on the ground... but then again it never hurt Ken Clarl (Conservative Economic Minister in the 90's in the UK who was famous for his lack of economic knowledge and yet overseaing a booming in the UK)... but i will deal with this when i speak to Gustaf next then I'll post some more specific recomendations...  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies