david yates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:46:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  david yates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: david yates  (Read 23421 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »

Wouldn't Yates be the obvious answer? Or am I missing something?

Yates is someone else. It was someone who used it as a joke account for quite some time to fool us.

Spill the beans.

Yates seems to be relatively moderate.  Why, except for Fantasy Elections?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2007, 03:38:17 PM »

Guys, Phil is lying. He knows nothing.
Either that, or it's Assad, or it's Phil himself. In declining order of likelihood.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »

I didn't mean that quite the way it sounded. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2007, 03:43:04 PM »

Either that, or it's Assad, or it's Phil himself. In declining order of likelihood.

Well, first of all, it's not me. I'd never do something sick like that.

Secondly, why would Earl think I'm lying? How can he say that I know nothing? Did he receive the emails? Did he chat with this "Yates" character as much as I did on AIM? I think not.

I know the mole.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2007, 03:45:56 PM »

Secondly, why would Earl think I'm lying? How can he say that I know nothing? Did he receive the emails? Did he chat with this "Yates" character as much as I did on AIM? I think not.

I know the mole.

It would be very noble of you to protect the identity of someone who has caused half the forum to cry for him and pray for him for the past month under false pretenses.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2007, 03:46:46 PM »

Just say who it is now - so we can get this stupid thing over.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »

I know the mole.

It would be very noble of you to protect the identity of someone who has caused half the forum to cry for him and pray for him for the past month under false pretenses.

I'm not protecting the identity. I will release the name but, as I said earlier, I want a nice book deal, too.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2007, 03:49:38 PM »

I know the mole.

Yeah, I seriously doubt it would be Phil... As much as he and I really don't see eye to eye, I don't see him as the type of person to pull this kind of crap.

I remember speaking with Yates over AIM... Since I had just lost someone to cancer, it was very painful to hear. It caused me great heartache, as it did the rest of us, whenever we heard.

But Phil, would you care to share your ideas with the whole class?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2007, 03:57:11 PM »

I remember speaking with Yates over AIM... Since I had just lost someone to cancer, it was very painful to hear. It caused me great heartache, as it did the rest of us, whenever we heard.

The whole thing with Yates hit me especially hard because I'm not going through the easiest of times right now. When he first approached me about the situation, I realized that as much as some things might suck for me right now, I have to count my blessings. I was so sad to see someone so young making what seemed to be his final goodbyes. It sucks that someone played a game with us but it's downright disgusting that they acted like they were dying while doing it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2007, 04:00:50 PM by Gully Foyle »

How about we throw in some Milk & Cookies Phil? Will that do?

Of course I'm eager to find out.. yet 100% sure you know nothing until you 'reveal' it.

Now, as I have nothing better to do, I'm going to search thought Yeats' posts. There's nothing like a good mystery. (EDIT: He had almost 2000 posts, I doubt now it's fake.. or else someone out there truly has no life, and is perhaps in a sorrier state than Yates had ever been, if he existed. It's probably someone who needed\wanted a reason to 1) get off the forum while 2) being as dramatic as possible to gain attention to cure ennui or whatever.)

Oh, and Kudos to Alcon, Porce and Wixted.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »

I'm not protecting the identity. I will release the name but, as I said earlier, I want a nice book deal, too.

Goody.  Now we have attention whoring by someone we know instead of attention whoring by someone we only thought we knew.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2007, 04:06:45 PM »

Goody.  Now we have attention whoring by someone we know instead of attention whoring by someone we only thought we knew.

Oh, but you know this person. You know him...or her...alright...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2007, 04:11:26 PM »

Oh, but you know this person. You know him...or her...alright...

Phil, just tell us already. I would really like to know who was behind this whole scheme and if you have the answer I'd like to hear it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2007, 04:12:27 PM »

Wouldn't Yates be the obvious answer? Or am I missing something?

Yates is someone else. It was someone who used it as a joke account for quite some time to fool us.

Spill the beans.

I expect to do a Geraldo-Al Cappone's vault type thing. Maybe a book deal, too.

I doubt this is worth a book deal, not even for this site.  Whatever, the information will come out eventually.  I will patiently wait or simply ask Alcon (who is probably more accurate).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2007, 04:16:20 PM »

I doubt this is worth a book deal, not even for this site.  Whatever, the information will come out eventually.  I will patiently wait or simply ask Alcon (who is probably more accurate).

I was going to ask for a book deal and a 20/20 special but I'll just stick with 20/20, I guess.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2007, 04:18:15 PM »

Wait, are we talking about the regular The Mole here, or Celebrity Mole?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »

It's Obviously now it's you Phil (or rather is it that Phil was the fake account and Yates the real one?).. and I will continue to post this while you continue to attention whore.

Milk, Cookies and a graphic novel by a local abstract artist who can't draw, deal?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2007, 04:27:09 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

I was going to ask for a book deal and a 20/20 special but I'll just stick with 20/20, I guess.

Do you really want to be stuck with Barbara Walters for an hour?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2007, 04:18:50 PM »

Wait, are we talking about the regular The Mole here, or Celebrity Mole?

Oh, come on. The regular one, of course!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2007, 04:19:40 PM »

Do you really want to be stuck with Barbara Walter's for an hour?

Give me a break, Colin! I want to be interviewed by the second favorite libertarian - John Stossel!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2007, 04:20:53 PM »

It's Obviously now it's you Phil (or rather is it that Phil was the fake account and Yates the real one?).. and I will continue to post this while you continue to attention whore.

Do you really think that I'd continue to show up here if it was me? Get real. Whoever did this would never come back here and, on top of that, say that they know who it is.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2007, 04:25:28 PM »

Do you really think that I'd continue to show up here if it was me? Get real. Whoever did this would never come back here and, on top of that, say that they know who it is.

Then stop acting like an attention whore by pretending to know who it is, your acting in a very Yeatsian manner by this (the poster, not the poet o\c) .

P.S: It's you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »

Then stop acting like an attention whore by pretending to know who it is, your acting in a very Yeatsian manner by this (the poster, not the poet o\c) .

P.S: It's you.

¿Cuán largo ha estado haciendo eso?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2007, 04:32:37 PM »

Forgive me if I'm still skeptical, but a reasonable person could have thought of a thousand better ways to accomplish this.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2007, 04:33:05 PM »

Forgive me if I'm still skeptical, but a reasonable person could have thought of a thousand better ways to accomplish this.

I don't believe a word of it. It's utter bullsh**t of the first degree. Personally I'm getting sick and tired of this and I hope that if Phil or anyone else knows who the hell this is  they share this with us. What a sick display this entire hoax has been.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies