2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:05:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016  (Read 2851 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 11, 2007, 01:39:11 AM »

Well, that happened in the 20s and that didn't stop a new liberal wave. Remember "The Lost Generation"....now, whether I believe if "the party will be over". Well, with the sensationalist media and the collapse of confidence in the GOP, the democrats are putting most of their chips on the table. However, political parties are resilient. If the Dems lose the presidency- No, I don't think they will collapse. Even if they have to wait until 2020.  If they lose the Senate OR the House- maybe...probably...the dems need SOME power at this point to justify their existence in these dark times, if they cannot have any power at this point, many leaders may decide to form their own third parties. What would basically happen would be that by year after the election, there would be several congressmen and governors forming thier own party. Still, the dems would be a major party until the third parties siphon more than 20 of the democratic base, after that, a new party will form or just a group that is anti-government. Maybe if one party takes over, there would be a political movement like there was in the 70s in Taiwan where there was The Party and those who are Not The Party.

Ramblings are fun. I hope my party doesn't collaspe, but if it does, that just means new oppurtunity
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies