Gallup: 55% of Americans disapprove Israeli action in Gaza
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:19:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gallup: 55% of Americans disapprove Israeli action in Gaza
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gallup: 55% of Americans disapprove Israeli action in Gaza  (Read 1185 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2024, 10:43:35 AM »

Screw both Israel and Hamas. Let them deal with their own issues. We have own country to worry about

Isolationism doesn't work in the 21st century. This is basic entry-level knowledge.
This would be a good point if leftists didn't oppose American involvement in literally every other international issue except Israel/Palestine

The vast majority of pro Palestine people, both on this forum and in America as a whole, also support arming Ukraine. As usual, you're wrong.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2024, 12:43:52 PM »

Why are all polls on this issue so schizophrenic? We just saw a poll a few days ago with 60%+ of the respondents saying Israel was at least partially justified.

"Israel has the right to defend itself" and "what Israel is doing right now isn't defending itself" aren't mutually exclusive.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2024, 12:44:17 PM »

Screw both Israel and Hamas. Let them deal with their own issues. We have own country to worry about

Isolationism doesn't work in the 21st century. This is basic entry-level knowledge.
This would be a good point if leftists didn't oppose American involvement in literally every other international issue except Israel/Palestine

The vast majority of pro Palestine people, both on this forum and in America as a whole, also support arming Ukraine. As usual, you're wrong.

So do the vast majority of pro-Israel people. Support for Ukraine is probably as close to a true bipartisan issue as there is today - it's just that the 10% of sociopathic dissenters have a giant microphone and way too much influence in one house of Congress due to the close numbers.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2024, 12:51:00 PM »

I think everybody on Earth -- including Americans, Gazans, and all peoples -- should embrace the bombardment of Gaza in the depths of their souls as necessary for the preservation of all civilization

Yeah, I'm putting you on ignore. I can't believe I ever took you seriously
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2024, 02:07:59 PM »

I think everybody on Earth -- including Americans, Gazans, and all peoples -- should embrace the bombardment of Gaza in the depths of their souls as necessary for the preservation of all civilization

Yeah, I'm putting you on ignore. I can't believe I ever took you seriously

Damn, even Ray liked this comment.

Vosem really is a despicable guy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2024, 02:12:32 PM »

Yeah, there's being edgy and contrarian and then there's just being a ghoul. That's quite enough of this sh*t for me.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2024, 02:12:54 PM »

So do the vast majority of pro-Israel people. Support for Ukraine is probably as close to a true bipartisan issue as there is today - it's just that the 10% of sociopathic dissenters have a giant microphone and way too much influence in one house of Congress due to the close numbers.

I certainly hope so. The pro Russia/pro Israel crowd seems very strong inside the GOP. Both Trump and Musk fit in this quadrant.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2024, 04:52:27 PM »

I think everybody on Earth -- including Americans, Gazans, and all peoples -- should embrace the bombardment of Gaza in the depths of their souls as necessary for the preservation of all civilization, and that it's an action which is obviously not merely justified but totally morally obligatory.

Dude what the f-ck.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2024, 05:02:49 PM »

I think everybody on Earth -- including Americans, Gazans, and all peoples -- should embrace the bombardment of Gaza in the depths of their souls as necessary for the preservation of all civilization, and that it's an action which is obviously not merely justified but totally morally obligatory.

Dude what the f-ck.

This has been his spiel since the beginning, you must not ever read the I/P thread.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2024, 05:06:33 PM »

while the kinds of support I think are not reasonable to argue with are more controversial (I think everybody on Earth -- including Americans, Gazans, and all peoples -- should embrace the bombardment of Gaza in the depths of their souls as necessary for the preservation of all civilization, and that it's an action which is obviously not merely justified but totally morally obligatory).

You can argue the bombardment is justified but that does not make it moral . There is a difference between justified and moral and in war a lot of times that may be the case but they should not be viewed as one of the same .

For example I view Dresden as justified , but it was absolutely not moral
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2024, 05:12:24 PM »

Unfortunate, as American support for Israel seems disproportionately focused on the areas where I think it is sort of questionable, or should reasonably be subject to review (eg, polls have >70% of Americans thinking an Israel is in our strategic interests, and 60-65% supporting further military aid, both of which I guess I agree with but neither of which strike me as obvious), while the kinds of support I think are not reasonable to argue with are more controversial (I think everybody on Earth -- including Americans, Gazans, and all peoples -- should embrace the bombardment of Gaza in the depths of their souls as necessary for the preservation of all civilization, and that it's an action which is obviously not merely justified but totally morally obligatory).

I still tend to think that Israeli military actions tend to increase support for Israel in most societies (at least Western societies) -- the evidence for this is very strong -- but this seems to be true in spite of those actions themselves being somewhat controversial; as I've detailed to Wiswylfen and Snowstalker this is more because of the content of the opposition to those actions rather than support for those actions themselves as such. (Ie, the real nature of the general pro-Israel surge in the US and Western Europe in the 21st century is not really pro-Israeli but anti-Palestinian).
Unsurprisingly, I don't worship at the altar of bloodshed so I don't really associate mass bombardment with moral obligation and the soul.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2024, 05:23:17 PM »

It should be 65%+ (and will be, with time). Americans are tired of disproportional, open-ended wars. I don't think the average American is aware of the extent to which Israel is killing civilians and destroying civilian infrastructure yet.

There is a shift happening even amongst some Republicans, with gradual admitting even from Trump that what Israel is doing is a huge mistake. Make no mistake, this will reverberate and eventually affect U.S. aid to Israel, even if it's far too gradual for my liking.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2024, 06:01:38 PM »

75% disapprove among Democrats is just brutal. I would imagine Republican support is held up by the fact that Republican officials have almost unanimously supported Israeli action, and up until very recently Trump did. Trump watches social media and he probably noticed Tucker Carlson, Candace Owens, Joe Rogan, Alex Jones and Scott Adams all abandoned Israel last week. The MAGA wall has crumbled. And what's frightening is that there is true anti-Semitism behind it, not just the anti-Zionism of the left. I've seen the absolute worst racial and religious stereotypes being viciously peddled by the resurgent Old Right. American Jews absolutely do not deserve this at all. So while my fellow cease-fire now supporters continue to call for Biden to end aid to Israel, we must also push back against the genuine anti-Semitism we see emerging on the Right, or else we will be just as bad as they said we were.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2024, 07:06:13 PM »

while the kinds of support I think are not reasonable to argue with are more controversial (I think everybody on Earth -- including Americans, Gazans, and all peoples -- should embrace the bombardment of Gaza in the depths of their souls as necessary for the preservation of all civilization, and that it's an action which is obviously not merely justified but totally morally obligatory).

You can argue the bombardment is justified but that does not make it moral . There is a difference between justified and moral and in war a lot of times that may be the case but they should not be viewed as one of the same .

For example I view Dresden as justified , but it was absolutely not moral

When you've lost OSR...
AtorBoltox

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2024, 09:09:32 PM »

The ven diagram of Palestine activists and people who believe America bombing Assad after he used chemical weapons on civilians was ‘imperialism’ would be a near perfect circle
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2024, 09:13:07 PM »

The ven diagram of Palestine activists and people who believe America bombing Assad after he used chemical weapons on civilians was ‘imperialism’ would be a near perfect circle

That generally falls into the category of "Extremely wrong and extremely loud".
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:23 PM »

So from what I can see, Vosem delivered what is commonly called a "Nuclear Take"
AtorBoltox

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2024, 10:02:07 PM »

American Jews absolutely do not deserve this at all.
Yes, the loyal and good American Jews don’t deserve it, the bad ‘international’ Jews in Israel deserve it                          
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2024, 10:12:46 PM »

American Jews absolutely do not deserve this at all.
Yes, the loyal and good American Jews don’t deserve it, the bad ‘international’ Jews in Israel deserve it                          

The most ultranationalist Jews literally live in Israel lmao
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2024, 01:25:25 AM »

75% disapprove among Democrats is just brutal.

It's too bad that that doesn't include the most powerful Democrats. Earlier this year, AIPAC gave $5 million to the next Senator from California, Adam Schiff.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2024, 02:01:44 AM »

Dude what the f-ck.

This has been his spiel since the beginning, you must not ever read the I/P thread.

Yeah, I don't know why this disgraceful stuff is surprising. I stopped replying to Vosem after the privatize the US government posts.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2024, 05:51:34 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2024, 05:55:47 AM by Comrade Funk »

Well at least Vosem isn't hiding his desire for genocide now. Just openly supporting it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies