Marist TX: Trump +11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:10:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Marist TX: Trump +11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Marist TX: Trump +11  (Read 708 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 08:57:55 AM »

This is a strong signal.  Marist is traditionally one of the most Dem-leaning non-partisan polls out there.

This isn't true? They nailed 2022 basically right on the dot. They have been more dem-leaning in the past, but you could say the same about NYT/Siena for example too (and just about everyone else in 2020)

Marist's definitely voting was the most accurate to the results in 2022, so them having Trump +7 sounds about right; lines up with the average right now which seems to be about Trump +7 in TX.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 03:06:50 PM »

Among those certain to vote it’s Trump +7

That sounds more plausible. At this point I expect anything between Trump +4 to Trump +8.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2024, 10:12:11 AM »

Not the best analysis here in my opinion.

No poll is going to have perfect cross tabs. Go look up any poll that nailed the 2022 results. I guarantee you’ll find unrealistic cross tabs.

Many here are saying Trump can’t win Texas by 11 with no reason other than their priors are that Texas should be close. Atlas loves competitive Texas. Part of it is Dem bias and part of it is obsession with trends.

I’m no Trump fan and I too am skeptical of him winning Texas by double digits but a lead of 11% in a poll with a democrat-friendly electorate is an unambiguous good sign for him. Most of atlas thought Abbott was vulnerable in summer 2022 and thought he’d win by single digits up until Election Day.

As far what it would look like, just take Abbott’s coalition and knock a few points off college ed whites and add a few points to non-college voters. Or take a uniform shift of 5 points from 2020 which is what most polls are showing. Or assume minority turnout tanks from 2020. It’s not that crazy. Every statewide race was decided by nearly 11 points in 2022.
Ken Paxton literally won by almost 10 pts and he's a worse candidate than Cruz and possibly Trump lol
kwabbit

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2024, 10:13:20 AM »

This is a strong signal.  Marist is traditionally one of the most Dem-leaning non-partisan polls out there.

This isn't true? They nailed 2022 basically right on the dot. They have been more dem-leaning in the past, but you could say the same about NYT/Siena for example too (and just about everyone else in 2020)

Marist's definitely voting was the most accurate to the results in 2022, so them having Trump +7 sounds about right; lines up with the average right now which seems to be about Trump +7 in TX.

They have Trump +11 in Texas for RV. Definitely going to vote is similar to, but not the same as, LV. An LV would be in the middle of definitely going to vote and RV, since some unlikely to vote people do vote and they seem to be leaning towards Trump.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2024, 10:18:00 AM »

Not the best analysis here in my opinion.

No poll is going to have perfect cross tabs. Go look up any poll that nailed the 2022 results. I guarantee you’ll find unrealistic cross tabs.

Many here are saying Trump can’t win Texas by 11 with no reason other than their priors are that Texas should be close. Atlas loves competitive Texas. Part of it is Dem bias and part of it is obsession with trends.

I’m no Trump fan and I too am skeptical of him winning Texas by double digits but a lead of 11% in a poll with a democrat-friendly electorate is an unambiguous good sign for him. Most of atlas thought Abbott was vulnerable in summer 2022 and thought he’d win by single digits up until Election Day.

As far what it would look like, just take Abbott’s coalition and knock a few points off college ed whites and add a few points to non-college voters. Or take a uniform shift of 5 points from 2020 which is what most polls are showing. Or assume minority turnout tanks from 2020. It’s not that crazy. Every statewide race was decided by nearly 11 points in 2022.

Most polls show the overall election as a toss-up though. Texas isn’t voting double digits R outside of a Trump landslide win.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies