Should I move to Utah?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:08:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should I move to Utah?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ^
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Should I move to Utah?  (Read 708 times)

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2024, 05:35:28 PM »

Rationally? No. 

For my entertainment purposes? Absolutely.

P.S.: Wth is wrong with the Appalachian Trails for hiking?

I've been hundreds of miles from any actual mountains for the past three years. It is driving me insane. Never been to Appalachia, but I probably wouldn't be able to find good-paying federal work out there, and I don't want to have to drive more than an hour to get into the wilderness. I also hate how the foliage of the East dies in the winter.

The Adirondacks would be good for hiking and mountains, and Albany would probably have plenty of work. If lack of foliage is an issue though then anything that far north wouldn't work for you.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2024, 06:08:00 PM »

Have you considered Colorado or Montana?

I would say that in terms of places to actually live and work, this is what I'm considering. Colorado and Montana are definitely in the running. I would just need to find federal work there, because I can't bring myself to take a second bar exam immediately after California. That's why the federal position in Alaska I mentioned is potentially appealing to me.

The only eastern cities I really enjoy are Chicago, Baltimore, Washington, and Philadelphia (never been to Kentucky but I feel like I'd appreciate its nature). However, from what I understand of those places the Yuppie scene is pretty boozy.

Learn to drive and start drinking, then you'll be happy anywhere.

I actually quite enjoy driving. It's commuting I hate.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2024, 02:58:06 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2024, 03:19:52 AM by Suburban Republican »

Have you looked into Fort Collins? Along with Boulder, it definitely sets the standard for the rest of the country when it comes to bicycle infrastructure and a fostering a unique bicyclist culture. Since it’s a college town, it’s quite safe, the streets are clean (no homeless people), and the bus system is dependable. It’s also only a half hour drive from Wyoming (where, hilariously, you’ll find a cluster of fireworks stores on the Wyoming side of the border and dispensaries on the Colorado side). The only real downside is that it’s becoming very expensive (but it’s better than Boulder and Denver).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies