From my office desk.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:36:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  From my office desk.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From my office desk.  (Read 932 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »

I hereby resign, effective immediately, from my Senate seat in the Southeast.

That being said, my gloves are now off, and I have a few things to say.

I am currently a full time student at the University of Texas, I am on a full ride scholarship but must fulfill a near perfect GPA and, as many have described it, an "insane" class schedule. On top of this I am an aide for a State Representative and I am often the only person manning the Representative's office here in Austin, what staffers normally make decent money for, I do for free. You might take a look at my activity charts and note that nearly all of my forum activity takes place on either my lunch hours or midnight and beyond. This is when I have a little time here and there between not only the classes and job, but the homework and assignments form the classes I take.

To Sam Spade, good luck, but in the meantime, DO NOT, for one moment, talk about your running for Senate as anything other than what it is, opportunism. DWTL has not been a Senator, and does not deserve to be one. He was not elected "by the voice of the people" he was elected in a widely ignored by-election. Therefore I have no qualms about trying to remove him

Second, your announcement is of course an underhand attack on the fact I haven't introduced legislation, other than the reasons I have already stated, I can offer no explanation, indeed I knew I was sorely lacking in that field. But, and I suggest everyone look back and remember this, on viable legislation I often had much to say, often my statements met with agreement and legislation was changed, but I do not claim to have been anything special. I therefore ask you not to claim to be running to "intend to bring order, civility, moderation and bipartisanship back to the Senate" it was there to begin with, and did not need some magical savior.

In my time in the Senate I voted for personal freedom, and Atlasian growth, I maintained decorum and took action that was, in my opinion, needed to help Atlasia continue to grow.

I hope every Atlasian knows that I will never play games with votes, I will never avoid controversy or conflict in election time in order to assure my re-election, I will always serve the government with nothing but the truth, and will never capitalize on tragedy or emotion. I leave with not a mark on my conscience, my record, or my excitement about this game.

If not in the Senate let me assure everyone that I will find a way to bring entertainment to this game, indeed if I do stop working in the Texas House in August as I intend to, we may see a more Conservative response to the Ebowed News, which I know many of my friends have been longing for.

Atlasia above self,

TN2024
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:41:16 AM »

Oh no Sad
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 10:14:29 PM »

I wish you good luck in your studies, TN2024, and your job as aide.  Real work is always difficult, but often rewarding (regardless of what opebo says).

My running for the Senate is not about opportunism, but rather out of a wish to return the Atlasian Senate to a place of compromise and order.  I saw your support for the expulsion motion as a dangerous precedent that would continue the downspiral of discourse on this forum and Atlasia that we have seen in recent months.  But if you want to think this was opportunism, that is your opinion.  I would probably be unable to change that, nor would I try.  Moreover, I wish to say that I do not run for office lightly; in the past I have only ran for office when I have some goal in mind, and I will continue to only do so now.  I see a number of clear goals in mind right now, and will work towards fulfilling every one of them.

Furthermore, I would add that DWTL was as validly elected as any other member of the Senate.  It is simply unimportant whether X number of people voted in an election or what exact voters actually voted in the election.  The relevant questions are, did he receive more votes than his opponent and was the election legal and proper.  To say that one Senator represents *the people* more than another is a value judgment that has little basis in anything except for one's own opinion.

In conclusion, I will be blatantly honest on one thing.  I did not know that you had not introduced any legislation to the floor of the Senate.  I have not really paid *that close* attention to the legislation thread.  If I knew that this were true, I would have not used that example in my reasoning as to why DWTL should not be expelled, as you have taken it as an attack against you.  My apologies.

Good luck.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 11:31:35 PM »

Good luck!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 12:16:22 PM »

Good luck!

I'm assume the stress you were under is what caused your recent hostitlity
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »

Good luck!

Why do you insist on poking at the bee hive when he's clearly not a problem for you anymore?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 02:47:30 PM »

Good luck!

I was more along the lines of you being very immature, but whatever, I leave my fate and yours to the voters, I shall be happy if it sees us both out of the Senate. If you really push it, I may even move back home North and seek a position there....

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies