Are most people you know IRL Pro Israel or Pro Palestine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:28:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are most people you know IRL Pro Israel or Pro Palestine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Are most people you know Pro Israel or Pro Palestine
Pro Israel

Pro Palestine

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Are most people you know IRL Pro Israel or Pro Palestine  (Read 687 times)
Theodore
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2024, 09:56:22 AM »

Almost entirely Pro Israel, I only know some people who support Palestine but the majority are pretty hardcore Israel supporters (I am Gen Z btw). I should note that a lot of people in my area are Palestinian Christian and do not support anyone in the war. The main people (who I know) who support Palestine are Muslim or anti Western leftists and I only met these people through college.

It should also be noted that I live in a rural area in Texas, there are many Israel flags that people fly in their yards, I have yet to see a Palestinian flag.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2024, 12:06:23 PM »

I rarely bring it up outside the forum, but I'd say around 50/50 with the Pro-Palestine people seeming more passionate about it and most of the Pro-Israel people taking a similar position that Biden has.
kyc0705

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2024, 12:45:41 PM »

As with many others here, it's not exactly something I go around asking about. However, I can only think of one acquaintance who is publicly and loudly pro-Israel. Most other people who have commented on it are, at the very least, somewhere along the lines of "Israel has now gone too far."
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2024, 02:44:03 PM »

One of my Arab acquaintances is a local businessman who might be pro-Israel, but I can’t say for sure. I’ve only interacted with him a few times, and just briefly in formal settings to take care of financial matters. But he was chatty enough to talk about himself, and he happens to an Arab originally from Israel, and very much a born-again evangelical Christian, who’s not shy about clearly stating his belief that you must believe in Jesus to go to heaven.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2024, 03:43:05 PM »

Unless you know first hand a Jewish person, which I don't, is really, really difficult to find someone who is pro Israel here, unless you move in very particular circles (high income people who are not of Arab descent)

I think that some evangelicals are pro Israel in the region and maybe some particular people (like me).
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2024, 05:55:52 PM »

the only person I know who's very outspoken about it is my mom and she's very pro-palestine here.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2024, 05:38:16 AM »

Given the city I live in, the football team I support, the party I'm a member of, the ideological circles I move in, my age etc, most people I know lean more favourably on the Palestinian side.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2024, 07:20:49 AM »

Pro-Israel.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2024, 06:37:57 AM »

My parents are various degree of pro-Israel, my sister is too complicated to figure out but seemingly anti-both, some of my closest friends are "in the middle" more or less like me. I can't think of anyone else I have discussed the topic with in a long time (although if I had to guess the divide between extended family and other friends would be overwhelming).
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2024, 06:54:44 AM »

I don't have a big circle of friends or people I know on a social basis. The majority are probably apathetic on the matter.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2024, 02:24:28 PM »

I don't ask.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2024, 04:20:44 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2024, 04:25:16 PM by TDAS04 »

It should also be noted that I live in a rural area in Texas, there are many Israel flags that people fly in their yards, I have yet to see a Palestinian flag.

Imagine traveling back in time to 1920s—or even 1960s—small-town Texas, and telling the proud, patriotic, Christian locals that someday, their descendants will unapologetically display the flag of the world’s only Jewish state—and the flag will even have a Star of David on it!
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2024, 05:38:04 PM »

Of the people who are strongly pro-Israel and pro-Palestine, at least 75% are pro-Palestine.

The vast majority of people I know, however, are generally of the "war and violence bad" type (not a fan of 10/7 or what happened after, like any non-sociopath). Obviously some variation exists within this category.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2024, 06:33:03 PM »

Most people I know think the human suffering each side suffers is tragic. However, there's no pro-Israel goons vandalizing sh**t all over the city so...
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2024, 08:18:52 PM »

pro palestine
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies