Is Israel the only country where those of European descent vote to the left of those who aren’t?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:18:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Is Israel the only country where those of European descent vote to the left of those who aren’t?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is Israel the only country where those of European descent vote to the left of those who aren’t?  (Read 1225 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2024, 10:52:39 PM »

New Zealand maybe although probably minorities still vote to left.  I believe Maori, Pacific Islanders and East Indians vote to left of white population, but East Asians are the most reliable National supporters.  Even in 2020 disaster, only areas they won were heavily East Asian parts of Auckland. 

But yeah Israel is sort of anomaly there although pretty sure Ashkenazi Jews vote to right of Arabs but yes to left of Mizrahi and Sephardic Jews.  Since only 2%, not sure how Beta Israel vote but guessing lean right.  Part of it is religiosity as reform Jews tend to be overwhelmingly Ashkenazi so that skews them slightly to left.  Also Mizrahi and Sephardic Jews had bad relations with Arabs in former countries so probably less support for a two state solution.
Hnv1
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 01:16:40 AM »

I'm not sure that it's correct for Israel. Maybe if you segment secular people of European descent, but when you combine Haredi and Orthodox Jews who are mostly of European descent it balances them out I suppose.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies