Opinion of Breaking Points?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:03:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Breaking Points?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF (D)

HP (D)

FF (R)

HP (R)

FF (I/O)

HP (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Opinion of Breaking Points?  (Read 236 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2024, 08:18:47 PM »

Lean FF before 10/7 imo, lean HP afterwards.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 09:29:08 PM »

The show hosted by Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti?

HP, like most so-called 'alternative media', gets wrapped up in propagandistic and conspiracy narratives to try and appear 'anti-establishment' and get attention. Wannabe iconoclasts.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 10:00:22 PM »

Horrendous, a show hosted by a fascist and a tankie. It’s like TYT but even dumber
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 10:10:35 PM »

Horrendous, a show hosted by a fascist and a tankie. It’s like TYT but even dumber
I wouldn't characterize Saagar as a fascist. He's never been on board with the election denier crowd. Did he even vote for Trump in 2020?
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 10:42:21 PM »

I wouldn't characterize Saagar as a fascist. He's never been on board with the election denier crowd. Did he even vote for Trump in 2020?

I don't see Saagar as a fascist or Krystal as a tankie, however I see both as toxic so-called 'populist' versions of their ideology.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 05:07:44 AM »

Reactionary trash.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 05:56:03 PM »

FF but occasionally too conspiratorial/sensationalist.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 08:17:57 PM »

HP, like most so-called 'alternative media', gets wrapped up in propagandistic and conspiracy narratives to try and appear 'anti-establishment' and get attention. Wannabe iconoclasts.

Also, they crap on mainstream media but most of their content is just commentary on stories reported by the mainstream media. I don't just mean Krystal and Saagar, most "alternative media" does this. There's plenty of valid criticism you can make about traditional/mainstream media, but the business models of these alternative media companies literally rely on the traditional media they claim they hate so much.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 08:19:29 PM »

Remember, "fascist" means any right-winger who has right-wing opinions on anything other than tax rates.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 08:26:53 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2024, 08:31:40 PM by Ontario Tory »

Also, they crap on mainstream media but most of their content is just commentary on stories reported by the mainstream media. I don't just mean Krystal and Saagar, most "alternative media" does this. There's plenty of valid criticism you can make about traditional/mainstream media, but the business models of these alternative media companies literally rely on the traditional media they claim they hate so much.

This is also true. Not only that, but very few 'alternative media' outlets do on-the-ground reporting, which is normally where news outlets get information about a news story from, yet mainstream media outlets such as CNN, CBC, BBC, et al still do most of the on-the-ground reporting that people like Krystal and Saagar then comment on. Yet Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti think they know everything about the world from their safe, cozy studio!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies