Would Tulsi Gabbard be a strong VP pick for Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:06:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would Tulsi Gabbard be a strong VP pick for Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would Tulsi Gabbard be a strong VP pick for Trump?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Would Tulsi Gabbard be a strong VP pick for Trump?  (Read 828 times)
Brother Jonathan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2024, 03:51:58 PM »

I do tend to think Trump is just such a big presence that his VP pick does not really matter all that much, on top of the fact that it seems like VP choices generally just seem less important now. That being said, I can see upsides for Gabbard, but I wonder who she appeals to that Trump does not already have some sort of appeal to. I guess maybe younger, disaffected Democrats, but I don't know how many are actually possible Trump voters in any scenario. Also, if Trump wants to keep a large chunk of the people voting for Haley in the primary he will probably want a fairly "normal" GOP figure for VP, not to say moderate or anything but just someone with a fairly conventional background for a GOP VP pick.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2024, 05:49:57 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2024, 10:00:45 PM by Born to Slay. Forced to Work. »

Yes, it would support a narrative that the Democrats have gone too crazy while also appealing to a certain type of Bernie supporter.

The big questions would be what happens next. If the ticket loses, does Gabbard go rightward? Would she have any shot? If the ticket wins, can she get the nomination as an incumbent VP? What if she's an incumbent President?

Yes because Gabbard is known for her grounded, sane, rational takes…
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies