Opinion of Mike Pence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:52:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Mike Pence
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ^
FF (D)

FF (R)

FF (O/I)

HP (D)

HP (R)

HP (O/I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Opinion of Mike Pence  (Read 828 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2024, 06:26:39 PM »

?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 06:33:55 PM »

The best Vice President in my lifetime and I would say even the second best in my parents lifetime (ford wasn’t VP long enough). So voted FF
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 07:50:45 PM »

The best president we'll never have
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 08:46:28 PM »

When the only thing you’ve done in your life that even resembles an accomplishment is choosing not to end American democracy as we know it…you have fundamentally failed as a human being.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 08:52:58 PM »

Still HP, but one who obviously would have been much more massive HP had he obeyed the then-President’s orders. It also doesn’t hurt my opinion of Pence that refuses to endorse Trump; I was afraid he would endorse Trump (which would have been absolutely pitiful. Come on. If you’re someone who would voluntarily, graciously endorse the raging tangerine psychopath that wanted you dead—and who endangered your family as well—you are a rather sad and pathetic individual).
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 08:53:45 PM »

Best VP in my lifetime
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 08:54:29 PM »

Still HP, but one who obviously would have been much more massive HP had he obeyed the then-President’s orders. It also doesn’t hurt my opinion of Pence that refuses to endorse Trump; I was afraid he would endorse Trump (which would have been absolutely pitiful. Come on. If you’re someone who would voluntarily, graciously endorse the raging tangerine psychopath that wanted you dead—and who endangered your family as well—you are a rather sad and pathetic individual).

Would you say he was a better VP than Quayle or Cheney
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 05:59:52 PM »

A horrible person, but in a more old-school way compared to modern Republicans.

Him recognizing how poorly Trump treated him and therefore not endorsing him is appreciated, though doesn't quite make up for how he stood by Trump for over four years and his disastrous tenure as Indiana Governor.

Still, history will be kinder than it would have been.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 07:06:01 PM »

Low bar, but yeah.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 10:57:35 PM »

The bar for Republicans is so low that "didn't try and overthrow the government" is going to be seen as the defining moment of Mike Pence's legacy.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2024, 10:58:45 PM »

I would agree with the idea he is better than both of them.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 08:26:38 AM »

The second best living Republican VP from Indiana
CosmoKramer
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2024, 11:36:15 AM »

Authoritarian moron who hides his bigotry beneath a veil of Christian identity.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2024, 12:18:09 PM »

Modern-day pharisee.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2024, 02:44:29 PM »

His actions relating to the 2020 Election aside, his political views are ultra right-wing, so that would still be enough for me to give him an HP rating.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2024, 03:04:53 PM »

HP. Just because he did the minimum - upholding his constitutional oath - isn't enough for an FF rating, given he vocally supported Trump in almost everything else. He was also a staunch Tea Partier before. He was still much better than Cheney though.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2024, 05:01:04 PM »

It's very embarrassing that a young earth creationist held the second highest office in our country just a few years ago.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2024, 05:04:30 PM »

Richard Nixon accepted the Hawaii electors after they were changed to Kennedy, so why should Pence get any credit for January 6th?
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2024, 09:52:33 PM »

I honestly say no. Pence did do the right thing in the end, but he fed into the big lie prior to that point and he also enabled Trump's worst impulses for four years. Quayle was dim overall, but not a very damaging/consequential VP, and while Cheney was awful for obvious reasons (3rd worst after Agnew and Pence), he didn't enable a wanna be autocrat the way Pence did.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2024, 10:06:37 PM »

Definitely better than Cheney considering that Cheney was responsible for the PATRIOT Act, Gitmo, Iraq, etc.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2024, 10:15:35 PM »

Definitely better than Cheney considering that Cheney was responsible for the PATRIOT Act, Gitmo, Iraq, etc.

Both Mike Pence and Joe Biden voted for the Patriot Act and Iraq war.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2024, 12:45:27 AM »

I'm sure he's probably a good man but I just cannot forgive him for betraying Trump. Narrowly HP sadly.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2024, 12:56:40 AM »

I honestly say no. Pence did do the right thing in the end, but he fed into the big lie prior to that point and he also enabled Trump's worst impulses for four years. Quayle was dim overall, but not a very damaging/consequential VP, and while Cheney was awful for obvious reasons (3rd worst after Agnew and Pence), he didn't enable a wanna be autocrat the way Pence did.

I mean one of Cheney's core belief's was unitary executive authority and believed it far more than Pence did.

Also it is clear from Trump's admin that Pence did keep Trump more conventional policy wise while Cheney took W on the wrong direction. Hell Iraq started to turn around when W fired Rumfeld and replaced him with Gates so even the handling of such policy was done disastrously by Cheney in a way it was not by pence.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2024, 10:09:36 AM »

HP.

The bar for GOP politicians has just become so low because of Trump and his diehard MAGA cultists. Pence meanwhile enabled Trump for nearly 4 years and is a staunch right-winger. Just because he didn't take part and opposed to plot to overthrow the govt, doesn't make him a FF.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2024, 12:05:49 PM »

When people accuse Pence or Haley of enabling for 4 years , I want to know what do you think they should have done . Our system is purely democratic meaning voters get full say over what they view as red lines or not and a red line for 45% of the country was the fact that they expected their party to stand by Trump . Republicans who didn’t were removed from office and replaced by republicans who were far more Trumpy on policy too so what good did that do for the country .

The fact is it’s easy sitting on the sidelines to say they should have stood up to Trump more when you are just a spectator, it’s very different doing it in practice . The fact is it’s not republican politicians who are responsible for Trump and the past 8 years should have shown there is actually very little they could have done about it but rather the voters who are responsible for Trump . Nixon in 1974 when he was forced out had seen his approvals drop to 24% and they were dropping by the day so that comparison doesn’t apply here .

It’s a hard truth for many on here and the media to understand but the fact is 45% of the country supports Trump and given we live in a democracy the politicians who are elected by that section of the country are gonna support Trump too .

So the real question is did they break the law on behalf of Trump and Mike Pence did not
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies