Schumer Calls For New Elections In Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:11:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Schumer Calls For New Elections In Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Schumer Calls For New Elections In Israel  (Read 1162 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2024, 06:34:24 PM »

If there actually WAS an insurrection on January 6th, with no firearms, what words should we use to describe BLM and Antifa's armed takeovers of police precincts in Minneapolis and NYC?  What do we call the violent rioting at the Federal Courthouse in Portland.

This is a false equivalency.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2024, 06:38:18 PM »

If there actually WAS an insurrection on January 6th, with no firearms, what words should we use to describe BLM and Antifa's armed takeovers of police precincts in Minneapolis and NYC?  What do we call the violent rioting at the Federal Courthouse in Portland.

Keep telling yourself that.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2024, 06:44:47 PM »

Do you earnestly believe that a police station being swarmed is comparable to an attempted takeover of the federal government and overturning of a presidential election? Really?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2024, 06:47:49 PM »

Do you earnestly believe that a police station being swarmed is comparable to an attempted takeover of the federal government and overturning of a presidential election? Really?

He is a Trump cultist. Of course he believes that.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2024, 06:56:23 PM »

Whatever one thinks about Victor Yanukovych, he was a democratically elected leader.

A good part of this is water over the dam now.  Russia has certainly forfeited its talking points with its current aggression.  But the United States interfered in the internal affairs of Ukraine in this matter.  Even the MSM in America wrote how Obama would have to justify his role as to why he allowed America to help undo a duly elected democratic leader.

If America wishes to re-evaluate its policy toward Israel going forward, that is one thing.  That can be done through diplomatic talks, appropriate backchannels, etc. But Israel is an ally and a democracy.  This irresponsible course of action by Schumer, which was pretty much signed off on by Biden, is off the rails. 

Again, this is a guy who supports the January 6th insurrection.

There was no insurrection.  There was a riot, and I don't condone that. 

You'll not answer this honestly because you're the Crown Prince of Drive-By Atlas.  But you're full of beans here.  And you supported the violence in America's streets in 2020.  If I got that wrong, you can condemn BLM and Antifa in your reply.

Trump was in office when unrest surrounding the murder of George Floyd happened! Trump instigated Jan 6th because he was a sore loser besides being a terrible President who could not keep law and order.

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2024, 07:24:30 PM »

I think they're closer in some ways than many people want to believe (and the targeted assaults by the pro-Hamas movement now even closer), but the big difference is that these do not have government backing, which seems...significant when discussing them.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2024, 09:02:25 PM »

What’s missing in this conversation is that Netanyahu regularly and flagrantly interferes in American politics as he likes.

His attempts to do so have not effectively served his nation's interest.  It's doubtful attempts to interfere in Israeli politics serves ours.

Maybe there's some behind the scenes 3D chess where US officials publicly calling to replace Bibi solidifies his far-right flank sufficiently to give him room to moderate in a "Only Nixon can go to China" moment.  But I doubt it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2024, 09:53:02 PM »

In my entire life I have never seen a call for Regime Change in a STABLE DEMOCRACY.  How ridiculous is this?  Just imagine if we a GOP Senator made it a condition of Aid to Ukraine that they have new elections where Zelenskyy isn't the candidate.  We've already gone down that route with an elected Ukrainian President, and look where we're at now.  This is breaking new ground, and not in a good way.

Is anybody surprised that fuzzy is parroting Kremlin propaganda when he talks about the Euromaidan?
Not me.

Whatever one thinks about Victor Yanukovych, he was a democratically elected leader.

A good part of this is water over the dam now.  Russia has certainly forfeited its talking points with its current aggression.  But the United States interfered in the internal affairs of Ukraine in this matter.  Even the MSM in America wrote how Obama would have to justify his role as to why he allowed America to help undo a duly elected democratic leader.

If America wishes to re-evaluate its policy toward Israel going forward, that is one thing.  That can be done through diplomatic talks, appropriate backchannels, etc. But Israel is an ally and a democracy.  This irresponsible course of action by Schumer, which was pretty much signed off on by Biden, is off the rails. 
Nuland handing out freaking donuts to protestors didn’t bring down Yanukovych. It’s actually amazing how liberals have been chastised for decades for insufficient loyalty to the country yet we are now at a place were old boomers like Fuzzy repeat Kremlin propaganda
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2024, 10:03:34 PM »

It’s actually amazing how liberals have been chastised for decades for insufficient loyalty to the country yet we are now at a place were old boomers like Fuzzy repeat Kremlin propaganda

Republicans dictate what "patriotism" means, constantly re-define it, and the media more or less allows them to do so, for the most part. Democrats also to some extent allow Republicans to define "patriotism", a lot of the time. I'm sure Biden's messaging on this will get better as the election draws nearer, but Democrats should be chastising Republicans for this 24/7, and not allowing the GOP to control the narrative on this. Dems are right, GOP is wrong, but Dems won't speak up.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2024, 10:07:17 PM »

In my entire life I have never seen a call for Regime Change in a STABLE DEMOCRACY.  How ridiculous is this?  Just imagine if we a GOP Senator made it a condition of Aid to Ukraine that they have new elections where Zelenskyy isn't the candidate.  We've already gone down that route with an elected Ukrainian President, and look where we're at now.  This is breaking new ground, and not in a good way.

Is anybody surprised that fuzzy is parroting Kremlin propaganda when he talks about the Euromaidan?
Not me.

Nuland handing out freaking donuts to protestors didn’t bring down Yanukovych. It’s actually amazing how liberals have been chastised for decades for insufficient loyalty to the country yet we are now at a place were old boomers like Fuzzy repeat Kremlin propaganda

Back in 2014, the liberal American news media were writing stories about this, suggesting that Obama was going to need to explain to the world why America would help grease the skids for a democratically elected government in a country functioning as a democracy.  This isn't "Kremlin Propaganda"; it was a legitimate point in 2014 and it's a legitimate point now, at least in terms of how we should conduct ourselves in general.  

And we're not at war with Russia.  Now I'm OK with the aid we've sent to date.  But people like you are the worst ambassadors for more aid because of your hackishness.  I grant you that this is who you are, but people like you who are the ones who are elected to Congress or who are mouthpieces for Biden make me suspicious about the lack of candor and transparency about where our money is going in Ukraine.  And I'm curious why we must have a Cease Fire in Gaza but not a negotiated peace in Ukraine.  Won't Hamas keep going until they can wipe out Israel?  Why would anyone believe that they would keep an armistice any better than Putin?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2024, 10:14:19 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2024, 10:18:45 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

In my entire life I have never seen a call for Regime Change in a STABLE DEMOCRACY.  How ridiculous is this?  Just imagine if we a GOP Senator made it a condition of Aid to Ukraine that they have new elections where Zelenskyy isn't the candidate.  We've already gone down that route with an elected Ukrainian President, and look where we're at now.  This is breaking new ground, and not in a good way.

Not me.

A good part of this is water over the dam now.  Russia has certainly forfeited its talking points with its current aggression.  But the United States interfered in the internal affairs of Ukraine in this matter. Even the MSM in America wrote how Obama would have to justify his role as to why he allowed America to help undo a duly elected democratic leader.

If America wishes to re-evaluate its policy toward Israel going forward, that is one thing.  That can be done through diplomatic talks, appropriate backchannels, etc. But Israel is an ally and a democracy.  This irresponsible course of action by Schumer, which was pretty much signed off on by Biden, is off the rails.  

Back in 2014, the liberal American news media were writing stories about this, suggesting that Obama was going to need to explain to the world why America would help grease the skids for a democratically elected government in a country functioning as a democracy.  This isn't "Kremlin Propaganda"; it was a legitimate point in 2014 and it's a legitimate point now, at least in terms of how we should conduct ourselves in general.  

And we're not at war with Russia.  Now I'm OK with the aid we've sent to date.  But people like you are the worst ambassadors for more aid because of your hackishness.  I grant you that this is who you are, but people like you who are the ones who are elected to Congress or who are mouthpieces for Biden make me suspicious about the lack of candor and transparency about where our money is going in Ukraine.  And I'm curious why we must have a Cease Fire in Gaza but not a negotiated peace in Ukraine.  Won't Hamas keep going until they can wipe out Israel?  Why would anyone believe that they would keep an armistice any better than Putin?
Citation needed because I guarantee that these “liberal American news media were writing stories about this” is going to be like the NYT or the WaPo relying on their Russian correspondent’s like they did in the buildup to the invasion lead to a ton of god awful takes. Also to your Gaza comparison, Hamas doesn’t have the resources to “wipe out Israel” they’re a terrorist organization not an actual government with a standing army, 10/07th is the worst they can do and Russia commits atrocities on larger scales than 10/07th in Ukraine on a daily basis. These aren’t comparable events
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2024, 10:27:10 PM »

New drinking game :

Take a shot every time Fuzzy asks why we can't have a ceasefire in Ukraine if we want to have one in Gaza.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies