Transcript shows Hur was misleading about Biden forgetting date of Beau's death
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:39:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transcript shows Hur was misleading about Biden forgetting date of Beau's death
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Transcript shows Hur was misleading about Biden forgetting date of Beau's death  (Read 1355 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2024, 11:50:39 AM »

My grandmother died last July. I was very close with her and I consider her one of the most important people to ever be a part my life. I cannot at this time remember what day she died (I think it was July 15th off the top of my head without checking) and if anyone ever impugned my love or respect for my grandmother based on that fact alone, I'd punch them right in their f--king face. Disgusting that this has become a repeated attack on the President. He clearly loves both of his sons and has endured tremendous personal tragedy throughout his life. He has multiple dates where people very close to him have died and I wouldn't fault him one bit for forgetting one of them--even though the transcript makes it clear that he did not forget.
My grandfather died last month and I had to think about the date. It then hit me that's an easy one because I was joking with my brother about how he had a lousy birthday...because it happened on his birthday. So easy to remember based on that, but still, if it had just been some random day in February I don't think I could recall that right away.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2024, 11:52:14 AM »

Once again, this is gross. Going after someone for not remembering the specific year someone close to them died (even when they remembered the exact day!) is disgusting.

Also disingenuous that Ken completely leaves out the part about knowing the exact day, but includes the part about the year to further the narrative he's trying to push.

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2024, 12:15:13 PM »

I remember my loved one's who passed away birthdays not when they died, that time is usually a blur.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2024, 12:28:54 PM »

Hur got smoked in this hearing.

As for the presidential race, the Democrats making clips of Trump’s dementia and getting them aired uncensored on Fox could leave a mark
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2024, 12:29:36 PM »

Ultimately the thing is that the number of a year doesn't matter.  What matters is what happened that year.  I remember that my grandfather died the same year I was dating this particular girlfriend.  And I remember that I dated that girlfriend during Trump's first year in office, because we went to a couple marches/protests that were "the first X march" like the March For Science.  I know that Trump was elected in 2016, so that must have been 2017.  That means my grandfather died in 2017.  The only reason I even know Trump was elected in 2016 is because "The 2016 Election" is baked into my head as the name for the event that happened that year.

What proves my cognitive capabilities here is that I remember that all these events happened in the same span of time.  That the year where they all happened was the year 2017 isn't really important.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2024, 12:58:56 PM »

My grandmother died last July. I was very close with her and I consider her one of the most important people to ever be a part my life. I cannot at this time remember what day she died (I think it was July 15th off the top of my head without checking) and if anyone ever impugned my love or respect for my grandmother based on that fact alone, I'd punch them right in their f--king face. Disgusting that this has become a repeated attack on the President. He clearly loves both of his sons and has endured tremendous personal tragedy throughout his life. He has multiple dates where people very close to him have died and I wouldn't fault him one bit for forgetting one of them--even though the transcript makes it clear that he did not forget.

I have an excellent memory, but I don't remember the exact date of my father's death, although I know the month and year.  I do remember the date of my mom's death, but it was on a major holiday, which is a lot easier to remember.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2024, 01:01:10 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2024, 01:09:21 PM »

Also disingenuous that Ken completely leaves out the part about knowing the exact day, but includes the part about the year to further the narrative he's trying to push.

He's not pushing a narrative. The guy has gone after Trump plenty of times.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2024, 01:11:49 PM »

They’re not after Biden. They’re after you. He’s just in the way.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2024, 01:12:35 PM »

"He has also pushed a different narrative in the past" is not a refutation to.the idea that he's pushing a particular narrative now.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2024, 01:50:25 PM »

"He has also pushed a different narrative in the past" is not a refutation to.the idea that he's pushing a particular narrative now.

Convince me that it's his goal to hurt Biden specifically and as opposed to attempting to be an unbiased reporter and I might go with the idea he's pushing a narrative here and also pushed a different narrative in the past. Otherwise, I'm sticking with no, he's not trying to push a narrative here.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2024, 06:11:15 PM »

No Republicans belong in the Justice Department at this rate. They cannot be trusted to be objective until proven otherwise. Appointing them to investigations is not worth the surface level  appearance of "fairness."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2024, 06:13:35 PM »

This Hur guy is such a fu**ing weasel. He doesn't even have the balls to admit that "yes, I said it" and instead tries to be cute by saying "these words appear in the transrcipt".
Go pound sand you effing moron.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2024, 10:35:28 PM »

I thought I said all I needed to on this, but it just occurred to me that this is yet again another instance of a right wing smear against Biden that blew up miserably. I would say he has his own teflon coating (mostly through preemptively not doing much wrong) but he can be beaten this year, though probably only if Democrats allow it in not backing Biden with the numbers they need to.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2024, 01:50:13 AM »

The Rs got away with Russia Collusion with Durham reporting
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2024, 07:44:31 AM »

Convince me that it's his goal to hurt Biden specifically and as opposed to attempting to be an unbiased reporter and I might go with the idea he's pushing a narrative here and also pushed a different narrative in the past. Otherwise, I'm sticking with no, he's not trying to push a narrative here.

I just saw this guy on air discuss both the Beau Biden issue in the transcript (which is not rosy for Biden) and then explain how the transcript shows he doesn't have a memory problem. So you tell me why I should  take all of these facts and conclude he's trying to push an anti Biden narrative. To me that makes no sense if he's criticized Trump in the past, including with respect to classified documents, and also defended Biden on his memory. Yes technically none of that is formally inconsistent with briefly pushing an anti-Biden on the issue of his memory. Who cares? It is for practical purposes.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2024, 09:32:13 AM »

The Rs got away with Russia Collusion with Durham reporting

And they're still doing it via David Weiss, who at this point has personally spent six years furthering a Russian propaganda operation.

The true "Russia, Russia, Russia" hoax is the false pretense that the RepublicanMAGA Party, as an organization, has not been cooperating with Putin for years to the detriment of the United States.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2024, 10:57:53 AM »

*shocked Pikachu*

Remember when all of us red avatar "hacks" were called as such for pointing out Hur is a partisan Republican likely to do something like this?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2024, 12:45:29 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2024, 12:57:34 PM by Torie »

The thing that bothers me, and I can't get past, is that Hur said that he would have prosecuted Biden but for the fact that he would have trouble getting a conviction because Biden the project an avuncular  aura   and along with his cognitive issues, would thus prove to be a sympathetic witness.   In short, Hur's commentary about Biden's cognitive issues with certainly not gratuitous, but rather central to his decision not to prosecute Biden.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2024, 12:54:01 PM »

Look, I should have admitted from the getgo that I was overly harsh on Biden for supposedly mixing up a year, because at around the same time I was trying to remember when I started a former job but couldn't remember if it was 2017 or 2018. It's not an unreasonable mistake to make, even about the death of a loved one. But people are acting like this and a milquetoast SOTU have undercut every arguement about Biden's age because he's not a drooling vegetable - have we not been watching the same man the past 4+ years? He's still out of it more than than he's on, and I stand by my assertation that Biden can probably do solid work for something like 4 hours a day before his age catches up to him. Fine for an elder statesman - not so much for a President in an era of global instability.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2024, 01:03:41 PM »

This isn't the top of agenda of most Americans but J6 is a natl Terrorist threat
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2024, 04:28:18 PM »

The thing that bothers me, and I can't get past, is that Hur said that he would have prosecuted Biden but for the fact that he would have trouble getting a conviction because Biden the project an avuncular  aura   and along with his cognitive issues, would thus prove to be a sympathetic witness.   In short, Hur's commentary about Biden's cognitive issues with certainly not gratuitous, but rather central to his decision not to prosecute Biden.

He had no evidence to prosecute Biden but since he's a politcal hack, he needed to lie and salvage something to besmirch Biden.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2024, 04:33:25 PM »

It's pretty obvious: Hur knew there was no case against Biden and he couldn't be charged, but he's a hack who didn't want to admit that outright, so instead he construed this absurd excuse as to why Biden shouldn't be charged.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2024, 06:01:04 PM »

It's pretty obvious: Hur knew there was no case against Biden and he couldn't be charged, but he's a hack who didn't want to admit that outright, so instead he construed this absurd excuse as to why Biden shouldn't be charged.

Let's not kid ourselves; this was his audition to be Trump's Attorney-General.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2024, 06:44:33 PM »

Let's not kid ourselves; this was his audition to be Trump's Attorney-General.

Yet he still managed to piss off much of the GOP anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies