Nancy Mace gets defensive when Stephanopoulos grills her on support for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:10:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nancy Mace gets defensive when Stephanopoulos grills her on support for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nancy Mace gets defensive when Stephanopoulos grills her on support for Trump  (Read 929 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2024, 08:26:46 AM »

Incredible to watch a rape victim attack another rape victim in order to defend a rapist.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2024, 01:47:47 PM »

Trump is on video recording saying he sexually assaults women. The Republicans long ago decided they don't care.

Never forget this.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2024, 03:40:22 PM »

Incredible to watch a rape victim attack another rape victim in order to defend a rapist.

It's a cult of personality. And Mace was never sincere on her so-called reservations about Trump.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2024, 04:35:52 PM »

Good on Stephanopoulos for not letting this POS weasel her way out of the question. Damn good job of swatting away her pathetic attempt to act like asking how she can condone trump's behavior was an attack on her. This was refreshing to watch in a way b/c so many news program hosts are so easily manipulated by republicans' persecution act.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2024, 04:38:11 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2024, 04:41:30 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

Self-preservation is not an excuse. Sometimes you have to sacrifice to do the right thing.

But Nancy Mace is not a Democrat. Also, she worked on Trump's campaign in 2016.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2024, 05:32:28 PM »

I don't like what George did here to be honest, I think more kindness is needed when dealing with victims of sexual assault and this was beyond borderline to cruel triggering behavior. While Nancy Mace the politician and Nancy Mace the rape survivor might seem like two different people they're not. If George was going to to ask this question he should have brought it up prior to the interview. Then Nancy Mace could have decided if she was comfortable answering it or even decline the interview.

None of this excuses that Donald Trump is an admitted predator. But asking a woman who was raped to account for another rapist is patriarchal bullcrap.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2024, 06:06:45 PM »

I don't like what George did here to be honest, I think more kindness is needed when dealing with victims of sexual assault and this was beyond borderline to cruel triggering behavior. While Nancy Mace the politician and Nancy Mace the rape survivor might seem like two different people they're not. If George was going to to ask this question he should have brought it up prior to the interview. Then Nancy Mace could have decided if she was comfortable answering it or even decline the interview.

None of this excuses that Donald Trump is an admitted predator. But asking a woman who was raped to account for another rapist is patriarchal bullcrap.

If it's ok to ask a gay politician why he supports anti-gay policies then I don's see why it's not ok to ask a rape victim why she supports a convicted rapist. You can't have it both ways unless there is a very good explanation and Mace instead of trying to provide one she preferred to debase herself saying that a civil trial conviction of rape is somehow less valid than a criminal one.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2024, 06:33:13 PM »

Trump is on video recording saying he sexually assaults women. The Republicans long ago decided they don't care.

Never forget this.

Of all the innumerable horrors Trump has wrought, I can never get past "grab 'em by the p***y." That should have been the end.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2024, 07:24:39 PM »

If it's ok to ask a gay politician why he supports anti-gay policies then I don's see why it's not ok to ask a rape victim why she supports a convicted rapist. You can't have it both ways unless there is a very good explanation and Mace instead of trying to provide one she preferred to debase herself saying that a civil trial conviction of rape is somehow less valid than a criminal one.

I'm no fan of Nancy Mace And her politics but society has evolved and continues to work on the appropriate ways to discuss sexual assault, especially with survivors of that trauma.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2024, 07:27:24 PM »

I'm no fan of Nancy Mace And her politics but society has evolved and continues to work on the appropriate ways to discuss sexual assault, especially with survivors of that trauma.

Mace not only defended a convicted rapist, she attacked his victim and insinuated that she only pursued her case against Trump to make money. There should be zero sympathy for her.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2024, 08:10:45 PM »

Mace not only defended a convicted rapist, she attacked his victim and insinuated that she only pursued her case against Trump to make money. There should be zero sympathy for her.

But her reaction after being put on the spot has nothing to do with what George Stephanopoulos did being right or wrong, especially as an example going forward.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 08:14:40 PM »

Her reaction wasn't based on her being a victim, it was based on being angry over being called out.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2024, 02:33:05 AM »

Her reaction wasn't based on her being a victim, it was based on being angry over being called out.
EXACTLY!
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2024, 03:24:51 AM »

Repugnant as she is, it still wasn’t the worst VP audition we saw this week.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2024, 05:58:45 AM »

What a bunch of crap. She's a prominent elected official getting asked about her hypocrisy. That shouldn't require a half hour of disclaimers before the question and it certainly shouldn't require an off-the-record warning about the question beforehand.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies