2024 State of the Union Address Megathread (3/7, 9PM EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:18:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2024 State of the Union Address Megathread (3/7, 9PM EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Author Topic: 2024 State of the Union Address Megathread (3/7, 9PM EST)  (Read 5247 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 10, 2024, 11:48:19 AM »
« edited: March 10, 2024, 11:54:27 AM by Tutankhuman Bakari Sellers »

Ds support comprehensive immigration reform not open borders, how does one support open borders when there is Natl Guardsman at the border. Obama and Biden admin deported many migrants, and the Cartels tunnel under the wall anyways so unless there is an all our war with Mexico, there are gonna be open borders, but Ds support the Troops at the Border.

Was Biden wrong in letting so many Latinos in yes, but Ds don't support open borders they support immigrants reform

Rs keep talking about immigration reform due to fact they can't justify their 2 T dollar tax cut giveaway to the rich that can help pay for 2 wars in Israel and Ukraine, so they use Border as a Trojan Horse to ignore the fact they support tax cuts

Biden is gonna win anyways Harris X has Trump up 9 it fell to nearly a tie this week that's Trump own internal poll
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #476 on: March 10, 2024, 12:48:04 PM »

President Biden’s response to Katie Britt’s SOTU response was incredibly classy

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/joe-biden-gives-tactful-response-012026879.html

#BestPresidentofmylifetime
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #477 on: March 10, 2024, 01:06:54 PM »

President Biden’s response to Katie Britt’s SOTU response was incredibly classy

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/joe-biden-gives-tactful-response-012026879.html

#BestPresidentofmylifetime
A response, to a response.
Response-ception.
The President is even more committed to dialogue with Republicans than I thought!
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #478 on: March 10, 2024, 01:57:51 PM »

When I saw that CNN flash poll giving Biden's speech lower ratings than last year, the first thing I wondered was whether the total numbers of viewers had increased and the speech was not as dominated by Democratic viewers as it as last year.

I don't know that the increase in viewers in fact meant that the viewership was more representative of the American public as a whole, but in fact, there was a fairly large increase in viewers.

Approximately 32 million people watched the State of the Union address live across 14 TV networks — 18% higher than last year’s 27 million, Nielsen reports.

Just 5% of viewers were ages 18-34 … 19% were 35-54 … 74% were 55+.
The drop off has to only be 20% favorable for it to explain the difference between this year’s numbers and last year’s numbers. Biden did badly in his SOTU speech.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2024, 06:48:35 PM »

It's hilarious to see how some people who passionately supported Sanders in 2016 and 2020 are now clutching their pearls because Biden used the word "illegal" to describe an immigrant.
Did you guys ever read the immigration policies of your favorite candidate?

I supported Sanders in the 2016 primary and I have read his policies.  (Yes, I know he has lots of baggage, etc.  I don't want to rehash all that.) 

I have no problem with Biden or Sanders using the word "illegal" to describe illegal activities, including illegal migration. And I have no problem using adjectives as nouns.  (Untouchables, Premiums, Reds, etc.  The English language is more forgiving than most.)

But to be fair I also think that the "crisis" at the border is overplayed and overhyped.  I would also argue that US policies for at least a century are largely to blame for many of the problems in South and Central America which cause them to want to migrate out of their countries.  Any presidential candidate who began a speech with an acknowledgement of that truth would instantly command my respect.  But I'm not holding my breath. 
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #480 on: March 10, 2024, 08:20:31 PM »

The drop off has to only be 20% favorable for it to explain the difference between this year’s numbers and last year’s numbers. Biden did badly in his SOTU speech.

Nope, he did great. Exceeded expectations.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #481 on: March 10, 2024, 08:27:51 PM »

Even if they were low expectations, he did exceed them, and the litany of positive headlines following the speech are evidence of this.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #482 on: March 10, 2024, 09:06:17 PM »

Even if they were low expectations, he did exceed them, and the litany of positive headlines following the speech are evidence of this.

Keep in mind that riverwalk makes the maximum possible effort to spin things as badly as possible for Biden.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies