Ron Paul to be on the Daily Show Tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:58:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Ron Paul to be on the Daily Show Tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul to be on the Daily Show Tonight  (Read 1435 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2007, 06:42:52 PM »

Couldn't find another thread on this, so hopefully this is the right place for it.  Anyway, Ron Paul will be on the Daily Show tonight.  I won't be able to watch it until it repeats tomorrow, but I think it should be pretty good Smiley

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - it's even better than being informed.

And yeah, I know this probably won't form much discussion, but I'm just excited enough to put up a thread.  Paul on the Daily Show is the best thing since sliced cheese, IMO Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »

I can't wait. I'll be even more excited when he's on Colbert next week. I can just imagine the conversation:

COLBERT: So, Congressman Paul, you were one of six Republican congressman to vote against the war?
PAUL: That's right.
COLBERT: Why do you hate America?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 07:26:33 PM »

I can't wait. I'll be even more excited when he's on Colbert next week. I can just imagine the conversation:

COLBERT: So, Congressman Paul, you were one of six Republican congressman to vote against the war?
PAUL: That's right.
COLBERT: Why do you hate America?

COLBERT: "Congressman Paul, the War in Iraq. Great War or the Greatest War?"
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:48:13 AM »

Just saw this, and I thought it was very good.  I was glad Paul made the point about people being dependent on the Government, and needing a transition period.  Because as much as I liked to see it all gone tomorrow, I think it made him look less crazy then when he, for example, said he'd get rid of income tax in a week Tongue

Anyway, I was surprised, (in a good way,) at how serious the discussion between Paul and Stewart actually was.  I mean, it was still pretty funny, but I didn't really expect to see Paul get to say some new stuff that I hadn't really heard him say before in this campaign (allowing competition in first class mail, slow transitions, etc.)

"Hey Tommy Thompson, what's your middle name?  Tom?" Grin

So, yeah, I loved all the points Paul made, again.  Can't wait for Colbert next week! Grin  I hope Colbert sounds just like Giuliani, showing how ridiculous he's being Tongue
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 05:45:22 PM »

Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8qrwy3mR3Mo
defe07

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and I hope he gets a good streak (even though I disagree with some of his ideas) because he has the right stuff. If nothing else, he's at 2% in Florida and I'm glad Smiley.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies