SB 120-06: Raise the Wage Act - Passed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:57:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 120-06: Raise the Wage Act - Passed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SB 120-06: Raise the Wage Act - Passed  (Read 771 times)
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2024, 10:32:25 PM »

Aye
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2024, 09:53:59 AM »

Aye.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2024, 02:23:41 PM »

Aye
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2024, 08:07:18 PM »

Aye
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2024, 11:59:26 PM »

Aye - 8 (WB, Laki, Pyro, MB, Nerd, YE, Razze, Spiral)
Nay - 2 (Reagente, LT)

The bill passes and is to be sent to the President's desk for further action.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2024, 12:01:11 AM »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

To gradually increase the federal minimum wage

Be it enacted,

Section I: The Minimum Wage

1. 29 U.S.C shall be amended as follows:

Quote from: §206(a)(1)
(1) except as otherwise provided in this section, not less than $15.00 $18.00 an hour;

2. F.L. 29-18 Rewarding Hard Work Act shall be amended as follows:

Quote from: §3.1a
a) Starting from January 1, 2022 2025, the federal minimum wage shall increase by $2 $1.50 at the start of each year until it reaches $15 $18.00. Beginning January 1, 2027, the federal minimum wage shall increase by the same percentage as inflation, on a quarter-yearly basis.

Section II: Implementation

1. This act takes effect immediately.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2024, 12:09:47 AM »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

Be it enacted,

(1) except as otherwise provided in this section, not less than $15.00 $18.00 an hour;

a) Starting from January 1, 2022 2025, the federal minimum wage shall increase by $2 $1.50 at the start of each year until it reaches $15 $18.00. Beginning January 1, 2027, the federal minimum wage shall increase by the same percentage as inflation, on a quarter-yearly basis.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2024, 12:15:40 AM »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

Be it enacted,

Ah! Saves the work for me of double posting into your office thread if you'd prefer to handle it this way, Mr. President. Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2024, 12:19:01 AM »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

Be it enacted,

Ah! Saves the work for me of double posting into your office thread if you'd prefer to handle it this way, Mr. President. Tongue
I might not catch everything. If I haven't posted it within, say, 24 hours, you should post it in the office thread, probably.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2024, 01:22:05 AM »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

Be it enacted,

I might not catch everything. If I haven't posted it within, say, 24 hours, you should post it in the office thread, probably.

If some signed bills are in your AFG office and some aren't, it's going to be even more annoying for us to track down laws than it already is. I'd rather they not be mixed up for our sakes.

Anyway, considering the very prominent separation of powers thing at the federal level, doing executive signings in legislative threads gives me the heebie-jeebies.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2024, 01:37:14 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2024, 01:42:30 AM by President Punxsutawney Phil »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

Be it enacted,

If some signed bills are in your AFG office and some aren't, it's going to be even more annoying for us to track down laws than it already is. I'd rather they not be mixed up for our sakes.

Anyway, considering the very prominent separation of powers thing at the federal level, doing executive signings in legislative threads gives me the heebie-jeebies.
I'm including all bill signings in my office thread, to be clear. Anyhow, the reaction to me announcing I'd continue with my gubernatorial practice regarding this was met with broadly positive reactions, particularly from those who wanted more ease with tracking the fate of bills. This is the first sign of discomfort I've ever seen at the notion from anyone.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2024, 01:58:33 AM »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

Be it enacted,

I'm including all bill signings in my office thread, to be clear. Anyhow, the reaction to me announcing I'd continue with my gubernatorial practice regarding this was met with broadly positive reactions, particularly from those who wanted more ease with tracking the fate of bills. This is the first sign of discomfort I've ever seen at the notion from anyone.

I'm not seeing the announcement in either of your office threads, your presidential campaign, or anywhere else I could realistically expect it to be. If it's offsite that would be another matter.

For future tracking ventures I shall probably have to disabuse myself of the notion that a unified record of executive signatures would be on AFG as opposed to AFE.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2024, 02:27:23 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2024, 02:51:39 AM by President Punxsutawney Phil »

Raise the Wage Act

SENATE BILL

Be it enacted,

I'm not seeing the announcement in either of your office threads, your presidential campaign, or anywhere else I could realistically expect it to be. If it's offsite that would be another matter.

For future tracking ventures I shall probably have to disabuse myself of the notion that a unified record of executive signatures would be on AFG as opposed to AFE.
Aaah good catch.
Apologies.
Anyhow it seems you've already seen the post in question.
I apologize for this specifically, I got too used to using the AFE office and misstepped. This was a learning experience.
I thank you for catching this early.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies