A Man and a Mask: An Alternate 2020

(1/2) > >>

Compuzled_One:
September 17th, 2020

There was a man who lived in Arlington. By all accounts, he was an average 30-something year old realtor, with a nice wife and kids. And like most people that year, he was dealing with a pandemic that uprooted everything. He didn't particularly like wearing masks, but most establishments kinda required it, and he wasn't about to boycott any of the restaurants he went to-or the establishment where his client was meeting him.

The man was rushing that morning. His alarm was just a bit late due to a slip of the finger. One of his kids hurt himself. The food entered his mouth the wrong way one time. Point is, he was rushing.The man was about to step out the door when he realized something. The familiar sensation of the mask in his pocket-it was absent. He turned back, saw his mask sitting on the shelf near the door, and yoinked it. The man thought, much later, about what would've happened in the meeting (he sold the house) if he hadn't gotten one-especially given he tested positive for COVID days later.

Luckily, the meeting was brief, and the man did do every other precaution. His client lived with his wife like he always did. His wife didn't make her brother look to his sons birthday party with disdain after hindsight set in. And said brother didn't cough in the vicinity of the US President on September 26th, 2020.

October 5th, 2020

Reuters: Will Trump Attend the Second Debate?

With just ten days to go until the second Presidential debate is held in Arsht Center, speculation has swirled that Trump may skip the stage. While Biden has committed to it yesterday, the President has declined to do so.

The speculation is fueled by the fact the Commission on Presidential Debates has announced changes to the format, which Trump has condemned. The incumbents performance in the first debate last week, which he is widely considered to have lost, has added further speculation.

Despite this, some believe Trump and his allies know a lack of appearances would jeopardize his chances in the already uphill battle against Biden, and many people believe Trump enjoys debating. However, speculation remains high.

October 8th, 2020

AP News: Trump to Attend Second Debate

Rumors of Trump's non-attendance have seemingly been put to rest. President Trump addressed the speculation at a rally in Wisconsin earlier today. Taking shots at reporters who discussed the possibility, Trump said claimed the discussions were ploys by the "mainstream media" to disparage him and help Biden so their ratings could go up, disparaging Biden.

"You know, these media people, these MSM people," Trump said at a rally, "they're all like "He's not gonna attend! He's scared!". I'm not scared. I beat Sleepy Joe handily, no matter what those polls say. He should be scared. I'll debate him once, twice, a hundred times if I have to! No matter what the phony polls say, no matter what the moderator shouts, we'll win and win big there and in November!". The crowd cheered loudly for several seconds before the President moved on to Israel.

With his exaggerated statement mentioning a "hundred debates", it's expected that Trump will attend the third debate despite said exaggeration. Biden is expected to accept the invitation.

GM Team Member and Senator WB:
I love butterfly effect stuff, interested to see where this goes.

Prez_zf:
This looks really good, can't wait to see the effects one mask can have!

Compuzled_One:
Am busy with stuff, but expect an update late tomorrow.

Compuzled_One:
October 15th, 2020

Steve Scully was pinching his nose so hard he thought it'd crack. The candidates went of the rails again. Trump had gone of the rails on the question about the border, first rambling about illegal aliens voting and then about Biden packing the courts to jail his opponents. Biden, as payback, "went dark" as the kids call it and began interrupting Trump to.

"You're gonna get the courts to ignore all the illegals, all the loopholes, you're gonna tell them to lock me up-"
"The courts are already ignoring the blatant gerrymandering, the voter suppression, the-"
"Gentlemen, I remind you again, I can mute -"
"You talk about fraud and get mad when I call foul because you are hurting Mexico-"
"Oh my god, don't you ever quit yapping-"
*click*

There, Scully thought. Trump was muted-he'd started this, after all. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to mute Biden as well.

"Look at you, scarredy Scully, silencing me in front of all my people-"

OH GOD DAMNIT! Man, the guy could shout. Scully's best hope was that his vocal cords would give out as he continued rambling about god knows what. It seemed Biden wanted to take the opportunity.

"You know, for a man of personal responsibility, you sure-"
*click*

Okay, that should get him quiet, the moderator thought. He is an old ass man, he can't raise his voice that much, right?

"-ain't accepting yours for this."

COME ON, MAN, Scully thought, what the hell are they giving the guy? He ignored the passive aggressive potshot Biden took at him as he buried his face in his lap, and the two candidates continued shouting for about a minute until their vocal cords gave out.

"You see where this idiotic shouting match got you?!" Scully snapped as the two panted. "Jesus Christ, it's like I'm watching a teacher struggle with a child" he mumbled that last part. The debate, after that, was surprisingly normal-mostly because the two were still dealing with their vocal cords being damn near torn for half of it, and didn't want to experience it again in the other half.

October 16th, 2020
AP News: Who won the second debate, according to the polls

The chaotic second debate, already infamous due to the muting of the two candidates and Steve Scully seemingly hitting a breaking point thirty minutes in, has ended. It is widely believed by most polls Biden emerged as the narrow victor-his surprising energy and fighting back against Trump helping. However, the former Vice President being muted at all made those gains pyrrhic at best-most respondents say he only won narrowly.

Steve Scully and the CPD are viewed as losers-with the former snapping and the mute button only serving to make the candidates' throats sore, both were viewed as biased and ineffective by one side or the other according to nearly every online poll.

The surprise beneficiary is Jo Jorgensen, who saw a spike in online searches, as did other third party candidates like Kanye West.

October 20th, 2020
Reuters: Trump confirms attendance in third debate early

President Trump has confirmed he'll appear in the third debate. At a rally in Pennsylvania, the President said "You know, even though Scummy Scully gave me a tough time, I had fun, I had a fun night. I'm going to the third debate, and I'll win even bigger. They're to scared to shut my mic off now." As the crowd cheered, he moved onto talking about the Supreme Court packing.

With this, all indicators point to this election having the same number of debates as every election since 1996.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page