Opinion of Russophobia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:13:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Russophobia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What's your opinion of Russophobia?
FPh

HPh

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Opinion of Russophobia  (Read 838 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2024, 11:56:51 PM »

Russians are pretty cool, actually.

As a people. 
Russian people have given the world many good things.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 12:04:59 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2024, 12:08:00 AM by vitoNova »

As a people.  

They're kinda racist though.  lol.

They used to live in my apartment building in Germany.

When I went out with them, they used to sling the "n-word" very casually (keep in mind this was the age of Obama and I made it very clear I was an Obama fanboi) and they used to say things like "we never use this word in our country, unlike you Americans".  

lol
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 4.17

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 09:24:31 AM »

Europe on the left, Russia (the regime, not the people) on the right. Nuff said.

This is a boomer meme (and if anyone replaced 'Europe' with 'Palestine' and 'Russia' with 'Israel', God save us from the outburst). As for 'the regime, not the people' I distinctly remember you being a fervent supporter of a Russian visa ban which rather implies otherwise.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2024, 01:37:35 PM »

Bigotry is always wrong and stupid, regardless of what a country's government does.

some people from historically dominant nations deserve all the bigotry they can get (Russians, Germans, Turks and Arabs come to mind), the world would be a better place if all Russians, Germans, Turks and Arabs assimilated into other cultures.

LOL

So if a war breaks out between two impoverished African countries, for example, I'm a good person if I root for the poorer of the two? Do I have this right?

Does this logic also apply to street fights? Should I try to find out how much cash each dude has in his wallet at the time and root for the one who has less? Or if one has an iPhone and the other has a cheap Walmart Android model, I can just assume it's safe to root for the Android guy?

I started to figure this thread had to be a ruse after that word salad of a reply.

I mean how the f#ck did Anglos not even make it to that list?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2024, 07:14:15 AM »

As a people. 
Exactly. That term is a term Russian trolls like using for obvious reasons.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2024, 02:00:15 PM »

Bigotry is always wrong and stupid, regardless of what a country's government does.

some people from historically dominant nations deserve all the bigotry they can get (Russians, Germans, Turks and Arabs come to mind), the world would be a better place if all Russians, Germans, Turks and Arabs assimilated into other cultures.

LOL

So if a war breaks out between two impoverished African countries, for example, I'm a good person if I root for the poorer of the two? Do I have this right?

Does this logic also apply to street fights? Should I try to find out how much cash each dude has in his wallet at the time and root for the one who has less? Or if one has an iPhone and the other has a cheap Walmart Android model, I can just assume it's safe to root for the Android guy?

I started to figure this thread had to be a ruse after that word salad of a reply.

I mean how the f#ck did Anglos not even make it to that list?

While I don't accept the thesis that historically dominant cultures should be forcibly dissolved, if I had to pick one to receive this treatment American culture is such an obvious choice. Maybe I've watched the music video for Rammstein's Amerika too many times, but it is striking just how soulless and corporatized what we have that passes for culture is.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2024, 10:19:26 AM »

Having distaste for Putin is a normal position. Anyone who cares about the world should he against what Putin has done to his nation and the neighborhood ing nations surrounding Russia.

Being against the Russian people or calling anyone you disagree with a Russian agent is not okay. Too many liberals have become infuriated with saying you are paid by the Russians if you have a different viewpoint on foreign affairs, as with the Middle East. That has become the biggest annoying trait for liberals since the 2016 election.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2024, 12:57:59 PM »

Dumb and counterproductive, like all bigotries, but the idea that it's a real problem in the West that needs to be addressed is obvious cynical bullsh*t by Putin simps to deflect criticism of their authoritarian daddy's genocidal imperialism.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies