Former Senator Heidi Heitkamp says Rep. Rosendale got his 20y/o staff member pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:51:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Former Senator Heidi Heitkamp says Rep. Rosendale got his 20y/o staff member pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Former Senator Heidi Heitkamp says Rep. Rosendale got his 20y/o staff member pregnant  (Read 1134 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2024, 06:58:26 PM »

It seems strange to me that a Congressman would even have a 20-year old staff member.
Unless they are interns or pages, shouldn’t Congressional staff have college degrees, or at least be old enough to have one?

I thought it was an intern.

An intern is staff, for all practical purposes.

Sure.  Was just addressing the post that it would be unusual to have someone without a college degree as a staff member.  Would not be unusual if they were an intern.

Interns can be paid as well.

I was a 25 year old intern for the summer for NY Assembly Speaker Stanley Fink (D-Brooklyn) in 1982.  I was an unemployed party hack who needed a job, and this came up.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2024, 06:59:25 PM »

It seems strange to me that a Congressman would even have a 20-year old staff member.
Unless they are interns or pages, shouldn’t Congressional staff have college degrees, or at least be old enough to have one?

I thought it was an intern.

An intern is staff, for all practical purposes.

Sure.  Was just addressing the post that it would be unusual to have someone without a college degree as a staff member.  Would not be unusual if they were an intern.

Interns can be paid as well.

I was a 25 year old intern for the summer for NY Assembly Speaker Stanley Fink (D-Brooklyn) in 1982.  I was an unemployed party hack who needed a job, and this came up.

Sure.  Not disputing that?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2024, 07:01:26 PM »

I note several things:

1.  The staffer, herself, has not come forward.

2.  However creepy it sounds, there were no laws broken.  There is no rape allegation, and the young woman is not underage.  Nor is there any allegation of Sexual Harassment or creating a Hostile Work Environment.

3.  Biblically, there is nothing more immoral alleged here than in any number of activities folks here are fine with all day long.

4.  Morally, this is no less "hypocritical" of Rosendale than any number of acts, sexual and non-sexual, by any number of pols.

5.  If he were not attempting to run against a vulnerable Democratic Senate incumbent in a year where a flip could result in control of the Senate, this would likely never have been mentioned, regardless if it's true or false.  The timing of this should be viewed as suspect on its face.

6.  The Death Threat against Rosendale is unacceptable.  If a Death Threat were made against a Squad Member it would generate a whole thread here, yet no one appears upset that Rosendale allegedly received a death threat.

7.  What public interest is served by Heitkamp disclosing this on a Podcast?  If there were a crime committed, shouldn't she go straight to Law Enforcement?

No one here would want to be done this way, especially if this were untrue.  And it could well be true; adulterous pols are baked into the cake in our polity.  But this sort of thing is unfair, and it's especially unfair to Rosendale's family.  There's a right way and a wrong way to go about this.  People who think Heitkamp is OK for doing this ought to apologize for any trashing of Linda Tripp they may have done in the past.

Republican member of Congress is alleged to have taken advantage of a young woman one third his age. Unprompted 290-word response: "If it did, it was fine! Bothsides!"

Thank you, Fuzzy, for once again reminding everyone here of what Republicans truly stand for.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2024, 08:29:06 PM »

I note several things:

1.  The staffer, herself, has not come forward.

2.  However creepy it sounds, there were no laws broken.  There is no rape allegation, and the young woman is not underage.  Nor is there any allegation of Sexual Harassment or creating a Hostile Work Environment.

3.  Biblically, there is nothing more immoral alleged here than in any number of activities folks here are fine with all day long.

4.  Morally, this is no less "hypocritical" of Rosendale than any number of acts, sexual and non-sexual, by any number of pols.

5.  If he were not attempting to run against a vulnerable Democratic Senate incumbent in a year where a flip could result in control of the Senate, this would likely never have been mentioned, regardless if it's true or false.  The timing of this should be viewed as suspect on its face.

6.  The Death Threat against Rosendale is unacceptable.  If a Death Threat were made against a Squad Member it would generate a whole thread here, yet no one appears upset that Rosendale allegedly received a death threat.

7.  What public interest is served by Heitkamp disclosing this on a Podcast?  If there were a crime committed, shouldn't she go straight to Law Enforcement?

No one here would want to be done this way, especially if this were untrue.  And it could well be true; adulterous pols are baked into the cake in our polity.  But this sort of thing is unfair, and it's especially unfair to Rosendale's family.  There's a right way and a wrong way to go about this.  People who think Heitkamp is OK for doing this ought to apologize for any trashing of Linda Tripp they may have done in the past.

Republican member of Congress is alleged to have taken advantage of a young woman one third his age. Unprompted 290-word response: "If it did, it was fine! Bothsides!"

Thank you, Fuzzy, for once again reminding everyone here of what Republicans truly stand for.

What part of my post is false?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies