2008 Voter Turnout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:26:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2008 Voter Turnout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Total turnout above 140 Mio. votes cast ? / Any candidate with more than 70 Mio. votes ?
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: 2008 Voter Turnout  (Read 7892 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« on: September 22, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

I´m wondering what the turnout figures for 2008 will be. From 2000 to 2004 the number of votes cast grew from 105.5 Mio. to 122.3 Mio. - an increase of roughly 17 Mio. votes.

With 2008 being an open election and the US population growth at a high level, there will be more eligible voters and thus the number of voters is likely to increase. But will we see another spike of 17 Mio. votes next year to reach the 140 Mio. ?

The second question will be if any candidate, Republican or Democrat, will reach 70 Mio. votes cast next year. I assume there´s no major 3rd party candidate running, otherwise this question is dispensable.

My gut is that this campaign will turn out like 1988 -- very negative with low turnout. The way the GOP can win is to relentlessly attack Hillary. Independents will probably stay home in larger numbers because they are disenchanted with the Democratic and the Republicans. candidates. If the campaign boils down to this: The Democrat wants to raise your taxes, choose to lose in Iraq, socialize Medicine, and do the bidding of the radical left vs. the Republican who supports the Bush agenda, staying in Iraq forever, doing nothing about health care. What will motivate indys to vote?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies