Diplomacy Dreams

(1/69) > >>

themaninthejinnahcap:
Good evening one and all,

My name is Jesse. Some of you may know of me from a different thread where Scott/JustPassionThrough floated the idea of running a Diplomacy game with members from the forum. I volunteered to run the game and it was suggested I make an account here just for everyone's convenience. Quick shout-out on that note to Virginia for helping us out when I had some issues with the registration!

The plan I have in mind is to get the full seven (7) members who wish to play, and we are currently missing two (2) players. We already have JustPassionThrough, GeorgiaModerate, The Mikado, YPestis25, and IBNU.  I was thinking of creating a ProtonMail account for each power and DMing the User/Pass to each forum member when I have randomly assigned them to the powers. In each inbox the members will have the list of the other powers' email addresses and mine, the Game Master email address. Members will conduct their communications anonymously and can even send me anonymous Public Press messages to be posted in this thread. I came up with this idea assuming people might want that but if the members involved would rather play with their names attached to their power and just message one another on the site, that's perfectly fine with me.

I will set the map in picture format and post an updated one for every phase, taking orders as needed between them. I was thinking a 24 hour time limit to make negotiations and moves would be best but this is just my preference. All the pictures and announcements will be posted by myself in this thread. I am EST, we can arrange to have every turn adjudicated at perhaps 8-10PM? That will require some input from the players as to what works for everyone. Turns may on occasion be adjudicated early by unanimous consent of the players or delayed for weekends, personal emergencies, what have you.

Please let me know if you would like to be in the game, if you have any questions or suggestions, etc. This will be my first time running a Diplomacy game so I'm open to feedback and I hope to make it a thrilling experience for all!

Kuumo:
I would be willing to try this.

GoTfan:
I'd be up for this.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare:
Yeh bestie

Looks like we're at seven.

YPestis25:
Reconfirming my interest here :) Thanks for organizing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page