Describe a vegan who votes Republican
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:15:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe a vegan who votes Republican
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a vegan who votes Republican  (Read 2105 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2024, 07:24:29 AM »

How would you describe someone who is Vegan but votes Republican?
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 03:56:51 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2024, 04:05:14 AM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

A right winger who believes that veganism is best for their health (I've known a couple of them.)

Contrary to popular perception (according to Daniel Kahnamen), anything that I add to this makes it less likely but providing a narrative explanation makes people more likely to believe it.

However, there are a surprising number of right wing conspiratorial types (believe in Chem trails, probably anti Vax these days) who are into organic food because they don't like GMOs (or what Chem trails might be doing to food) and are, therefore, likely vegan.

Any notion that all vegans are left wing granola crunching 'new agers' is based on nothing more than mindless stereotyped thinking.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 02:20:23 PM »

White married woman of the upper middle class who concerned over personal health. Otherwise is opposed to immigration and backs tough on crime policies.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 09:20:03 PM »

A right winger who believes that veganism is best for their health (I've known a couple of them.)

Contrary to popular perception (according to Daniel Kahnamen), anything that I add to this makes it less likely but providing a narrative explanation makes people more likely to believe it.

However, there are a surprising number of right wing conspiratorial types (believe in Chem trails, probably anti Vax these days) who are into organic food because they don't like GMOs (or what Chem trails might be doing to food) and are, therefore, likely vegan.

Any notion that all vegans are left wing granola crunching 'new agers' is based on nothing more than mindless stereotyped thinking.

Yeah, an Indian-American former coworker of my father's (lives in OC) was exactly like this. He was a Republican and his family was anti-vax but also vegetarian/vegan and into meditation and weird alternative medicine (e.g. they said braces weren't needed if you breathed in a special way).
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 02:25:59 PM »

Yeah, an Indian-American former coworker of my father's (lives in OC) was exactly like this. He was a Republican and his family was anti-vax but also vegetarian/vegan and into meditation and weird alternative medicine (e.g. they said braces weren't needed if you breathed in a special way).

I don't know if this was true with this person, and maybe I'm basing this on a memory bias/stereotype, but one thing that seems to be the case that fits with Republicans these days is that Republican vegans take it to extremes. They aren't just vegans but they have the whole 'raw food' diet.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 06:25:41 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 06:33:46 PM by wnwnwn »

"Please listen to my christian vegan podcasts"
"D#&m those (stereotypical food...) lovers..."
"My body is a temple, I earn my money, I earn my health".
"This is my farm, far away of those cities. Say hi to my pet pig".
"Seek the truth, leave sand nonsense, join vegan paganism".
Flyersfan232

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 05:28:33 PM »

vivek
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 08:37:21 PM »

If Ramaswamy actually went vegan that would destroy a lot of his "not whitewashed" street cred relative to other Indian-American GOPers like Haley and Jindal.

For all of his faults (and there are a lot of them), he doesn’t come across as a sellout in the way a lot of other Republican Indian politicians have been – he still goes by Vivek, he never converted (and is a vegetarian too!), he married another Indian, and has had a v Indian-American life path.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 09:44:36 AM »

How would you describe someone who is Vegan but votes Republican?

Are you just posting these threads to random boards at this point?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies