Describe a vegan who votes Republican

(1/2) > >>

Samof94:
How would you describe someone who is Vegan but votes Republican?

Benjamin Frank 2.0:
A right winger who believes that veganism is best for their health (I've known a couple of them.)

Contrary to popular perception (according to Daniel Kahnamen), anything that I add to this makes it less likely but providing a narrative explanation makes people more likely to believe it.

However, there are a surprising number of right wing conspiratorial types (believe in Chem trails, probably anti Vax these days) who are into organic food because they don't like GMOs (or what Chem trails might be doing to food) and are, therefore, likely vegan.

Any notion that all vegans are left wing granola crunching 'new agers' is based on nothing more than mindless stereotyped thinking.

President Johnson:
White married woman of the upper middle class who concerned over personal health. Otherwise is opposed to immigration and backs tough on crime policies.

Schiff for Senate:
Quote from: Benjamin Frank 2.0 on April 16, 2024, 03:56:51 AM

A right winger who believes that veganism is best for their health (I've known a couple of them.)

Contrary to popular perception (according to Daniel Kahnamen), anything that I add to this makes it less likely but providing a narrative explanation makes people more likely to believe it.

However, there are a surprising number of right wing conspiratorial types (believe in Chem trails, probably anti Vax these days) who are into organic food because they don't like GMOs (or what Chem trails might be doing to food) and are, therefore, likely vegan.

Any notion that all vegans are left wing granola crunching 'new agers' is based on nothing more than mindless stereotyped thinking.

Yeah, an Indian-American former coworker of my father's (lives in OC) was exactly like this. He was a Republican and his family was anti-vax but also vegetarian/vegan and into meditation and weird alternative medicine (e.g. they said braces weren't needed if you breathed in a special way).

Benjamin Frank 2.0:
Quote from: Schiff for Senate on April 16, 2024, 09:20:03 PM

Quote from: Benjamin Frank 2.0 on April 16, 2024, 03:56:51 AM

Yeah, an Indian-American former coworker of my father's (lives in OC) was exactly like this. He was a Republican and his family was anti-vax but also vegetarian/vegan and into meditation and weird alternative medicine (e.g. they said braces weren't needed if you breathed in a special way).

I don't know if this was true with this person, and maybe I'm basing this on a memory bias/stereotype, but one thing that seems to be the case that fits with Republicans these days is that Republican vegans take it to extremes. They aren't just vegans but they have the whole 'raw food' diet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page