3 Federal Southern Illinois judges give/gave extra time for oral argument to women/minority lawyers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 09:45:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Coconut-Pilled)
  3 Federal Southern Illinois judges give/gave extra time for oral argument to women/minority lawyers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 3 Federal Southern Illinois judges give/gave extra time for oral argument to women/minority lawyers  (Read 654 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2024, 11:13:19 AM »
« edited: February 12, 2024, 12:44:12 PM by lfromnj »

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/republican-us-senators-seek-info-illinois-judges-diversity-policies-2024-02-08/
U.S. District Judges Nancy Rosenstengel, Staci Yandle and David Dugan in Illinois' Southern District issued orders in 2020 encouraging the participation of "newer, female, and minority attorneys" in court proceedings.
Under the policies, parties can alert the judges if they intend to have a less-experienced, female, or minority attorney argue a motion. The judges in turn "strongly consider" giving extra time for oral argument and allowing more experienced attorneys to provide the newer ones assistance.

Of course the house GOP being the joke party is won't even bother to impeach this clear violation of the 14th.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 11:33:02 AM »

Seems like a good idea. This is the only way women and minorities could ever hope to compete with white men.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 12:04:07 PM »

The Summer of Floyd and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 01:19:37 PM »

The U.S. legal system, yeah, definitely known for being unfair to white men!

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 01:22:25 PM »

Thank you for agreeing with us here !
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 01:25:56 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2024, 02:48:37 PM by GP270watch »

You live in a fantasy world. How does it feel to live in world with one reality and then try to tirelessly make yourself a victim, how does one achieve such a blatant cognitive dissonance?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 01:32:03 PM »

You live in a fantasy world. How does it feel to live in world with one reality and then try to tirelessly make yourself a victim, how does one achieve such a blatant cognitive dissonance.

No I live in a world where white male lawyers get less time than other people would get in this particular district court. Is it the end of the judicial system? Not really but the head judge giving this order should at the very least be impeached along with the other two. I am not a white male and its actually possible I could benefit from this if I was a lawyer but I still oppose because I am a racial liberal and racial discrimination is bad.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 02:50:36 PM »

You live in a fantasy world. How does it feel to live in world with one reality and then try to tirelessly make yourself a victim, how does one achieve such a blatant cognitive dissonance.

No I live in a world where white male lawyers get less time than other people would get in this particular district court. Is it the end of the judicial system? Not really but the head judge giving this order should at the very least be impeached along with the other two. I am not a white male and its actually possible I could benefit from this if I was a lawyer but I still oppose because I am a racial liberal and racial discrimination is bad.

If you really belive racial discrimination was bad there would hundreds of other topics to make threads about concerning the legal system but the type of threads you repeatedly make shows your agenda.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 02:53:31 PM »

but the type of threads you repeatedly make shows your agenda.
the ironing is delicious
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2024, 02:56:44 PM »

but the type of threads you repeatedly make shows your agenda.
the ironing is delicious

The majority of threads I start are about the environment, check for yourself! It's not my fault Atlas is filled with a bunch of racists and somebody has to respond to the non-stop fantastical posting that the white man is being discriminated against in the United States of America.
Coconuts 🥥 vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 03:00:29 PM »

The Northern District of California has a similar allowance of extra time / opportunity for less experienced attorneys, but it makes not mention of race or gender. So the "rule" is not abnormal, but the application of the rule is certainly questionable.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2024, 03:03:25 PM »

The majority of threads I start are about the environment, check for yourself!
indeed, an agenda

(did you really think that was a good response?  that was weird bro)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 03:06:39 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2024, 06:06:03 PM by GP270watch »

The majority of threads I start are about the environment, check for yourself!
indeed, an agenda

(did you really think that was a good response?  that was weird bro)

Who else is posting about the environment? Is energy and especially renewable energy not important? Sorry I won't post another anecdotal story to rile up white people, which seems to be the majority of posts by yellow avatars on Atlas.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 03:06:40 PM »

The Northern District of California has a similar allowance of extra time / opportunity for less experienced attorneys, but it makes not mention of race or gender. So the "rule" is not abnormal, but the application of the rule is certainly questionable.

I dont think anyone is complaining about the new attorney rule. It may be a bit unorthodox but I can see the reasoning.  Gender and certainly race is egregious
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2024, 03:09:07 PM »

Who else is posting about the environment?
being the only person posting an agenda or being with a large group posting an agenda doesn't really change that you're posting an agenda
Is energy and especially renewable energy not important?
everyone thinks their agenda is important
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2024, 03:12:09 PM »

Who else is posting about the environment?
being the only person posting an agenda or being with a large group posting an agenda doesn't really change that you're posting an agenda
Is energy and especially renewable energy not important?
everyone thinks their agenda is important

I wouldn't say what I post about the environment is an agenda, just trying to spotlight important topics that never get talked about and effect everybody. I would say it's more advocacy vs an agenda, which to me at least does merit a distinction.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 03:16:44 PM »

one person's orange is another person's citrus fruit
Coconut Pilled Commies for Copala🥥🌴
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2024, 03:20:02 PM »

Judge orders that inexperienced judges get a help/leeway to argue motions? How dare they!
Coconut Pilled Commies for Copala🥥🌴
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2024, 03:20:40 PM »

The Summer of Floyd and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Y’all aren’t even wearing hoods at this point huh?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2024, 03:21:18 PM »

Judge orders that inexperienced judges get a help/leeway to argue motions? How dare they!
this argument makes perfect sense if you racistly believe women and minorities need more help than non-women and non-minorities.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2024, 03:47:13 PM »

Every time Stephen Carter, author of "The best Black" hears something like this, he screams.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2024, 03:55:18 PM »

Those people always want to bring up George Floyd because it infuriates them that the racist violence they always deny was caught on video and undeniable.

There is valid reasoning to give less experienced lawyers more time and less experienced lawyers might be disproportionately minority or female, but that doesn't mean you can grant time based just on race or gender because there are civil rights laws on the books.

With that said, I'm not jumping on the White man victim bandwagon, because statistically they still have an enormous advantage in just about everything and no one is oppressing.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2024, 04:03:46 PM »

Y’all aren’t even wearing hoods at this point huh?

what did he mean by this
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2024, 04:26:23 PM »

There are better ways of addressing these issues than using largely stylistic gimmicks.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2024, 04:50:24 PM »

If you really belive racial discrimination was bad there would hundreds of other topics to make threads about concerning the legal system but the type of threads you repeatedly make shows your agenda.

And the fact that you cannot assess each instance individually shows yours.  This story is ridiculous, and anybody supporting this type of nonsense is a deranged ideologue.  You can still be a really cool activist with ALL the best progressive views and not defend this and/or shift the subject to a strawman that the OP didn't even suggest.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies