Biden trolls Republicans after Super Bowl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:59:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden trolls Republicans after Super Bowl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Biden trolls Republicans after Super Bowl  (Read 1444 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2024, 08:18:01 PM »

There's a lot of discourse on Twitter that this is tone deaf because of Gaza.

Gotta say....I don't get that discourse.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2024, 08:21:36 PM »

Good game but damn Biden has finally killed America.

RIP America (1776-2/11/2024)

Wasn't really a good game. Just had a close finish. The Chiefs couldn't do anything most of the first half and the Niners dominated them. The Niners though for all their efforts only got 10 points, they should've had a larger lead at halftime than 7 points. The one huge play they had was that bomb from Mahomes which should've been intercepted because the receiver was double covered by the corner and safety but the corner got completely lost in coverage. Then they proceeded to fumble the ball next play. Mahomes was not really Mahomes but was still good enough to win. Even that field goal late to tie, the play before he almost threw an interception in the endzone to a Niner falling out of bounds that would've lost the game. The Chiefs had a horrid spell to start the 2nd half with the fumble and then interception, but the Niners did nothing with it. The Chiefs then woke up and got helped by that gift of a botched punt catch. If that didn't happen, the Niners might've held them off and won in regulation. I thought it was clearly a Defense Rules game, although in overtime you could tell both defenses were spent. But if asked to grade, I'd say both teams were in the B-to-C range as far as performance.

As far as Biden, f#ck off. Sh*t like this demonstrates what failures both of the major parties are. They have no interest in running the country, just being asshats to their enemies.

?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2024, 08:28:29 PM »

Wasn't really a good game. Just had a close finish. The Chiefs couldn't do anything most of the first half and the Niners dominated them. The Niners though for all their efforts only got 10 points, they should've had a larger lead at halftime than 7 points. The one huge play they had was that bomb from Mahomes which should've been intercepted because the receiver was double covered by the corner and safety but the corner got completely lost in coverage. Then they proceeded to fumble the ball next play. Mahomes was not really Mahomes but was still good enough to win. Even that field goal late to tie, the play before he almost threw an interception in the endzone to a Niner falling out of bounds that would've lost the game. The Chiefs had a horrid spell to start the 2nd half with the fumble and then interception, but the Niners did nothing with it. The Chiefs then woke up and got helped by that gift of a botched punt catch. If that didn't happen, the Niners might've held them off and won in regulation. I thought it was clearly a Defense Rules game, although in overtime you could tell both defenses were spent. But if asked to grade, I'd say both teams were in the B-to-C range as far as performance.

As far as Biden, f#ck off. Sh*t like this demonstrates what failures both of the major parties are. They have no interest in running the country, just being asshats to their enemies.
Found the niners fan.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2024, 09:02:14 PM »

Don't be surprised if Biden loses here in CA now because of angry Forty-Niners fans  Tongue
My friends here in the Bay Area are far from amused. A bunch of them are ranting against Taylor Swift now, and if she's fair game for some bashing, Biden definitely is.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2024, 09:06:20 PM »

T. Swift literally did nothing lol. Anyone ranting against her is not being rational.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2024, 09:19:32 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2024, 09:24:07 PM by Open Source Intelligence »

Found the niners fan.

Broncos

Seriously though, take away the botched punt catch which led to a very short field, and the Niners held the Kansas City offense to 4 field goals for regulation, and 2 of those were more than 50 yards. Some combination of the Niners squandered the first three quarters/Chiefs defense stepped up to the plate and won the game.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2024, 09:57:05 PM »

You know there's probably a lot of things you could hypothetically change or take away, and then a whole different game might have unfolded after that. If they downed the punt maybe they throw a touchdown interception the next play. What happened is how it went down.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2024, 10:22:46 PM »

Are there really folks in this thread condemning Biden for dumbing down our political discourse?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2024, 10:43:41 PM »

The trolling here is S-tier
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2024, 10:47:41 PM »

I'm not trying to make Trump look good.  Biden campaigned explicitly as a restorative president who was going to be a change from Trump's many indiscretions. That he allows his comms staff to indulge in this kind of juvenile, snarky Twitter discourse is quite unserious.  Why can't he just be a normal president like he promised?

It's a dumb ad for frustrated political obsessives looking for joy in politics and who ordinarily get very little of that from a Biden presidency.

Part of the problem here is that Twitter once functioned as both (A) a newswire for serious press releases and public diplomacy and (B) a commercial social platform with a revenue model that is mostly based on delivering advertisements to users and selling data generated by user activity.

However, when you look at the content posted by any politician as of 2024, virtually all of it is geared toward (B). That's what the platform favors, and it's how politicians are all but required to communicate with the public in a democracy that is amusing itself to death.

I'm split on this, because I don't think it's fair to judge political figures based on how they communicate on these platforms. It's like judging whether a company's stock is a good buy based on their advertising. On the other hand, the reality is that people still treat these platforms very seriously. I wish we just could all agree that they are frivolous diversions.
It's cliche to complain about Elon Musk driving this, but in this case he's totally responsible. He took Twitter private, removing much of the investment, and now it has no choice but to behave this way to not go under, it's still bleeding millions of dollars of course.

Although I'd argue Elon actually did the world a favor even if unintentionally. Twitter was a cancer on public discourse, and anything that destroys its credibility is a positive development. If this is what Twitter discourse turns to and no one pays it serious attention anymore, then that's a massive step up from the 2016 status quo.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2024, 10:50:17 PM »

Because they're massive losers. Really the dumbest and most pathetic people on Earth.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2024, 10:50:35 PM »

Such a serious and "normal" president, huh?

Dry your eyes.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2024, 06:46:37 AM »

T. Swift literally did nothing lol. Anyone ranting against her is not being rational.

There is nothing rational about the mindset of a Trump voter.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2024, 06:54:50 AM »

Such a serious and "normal" president, huh?
You know, if you can't think of any way to spin a story to make Biden look bad or Trump look good, you can just say nothing? When you don't even have straws to grasp at, trying to grasp looks a lot worse than saying nothing

I'm not trying to make Trump look good.  Biden campaigned explicitly as a restorative president who was going to be a change from Trump's many indiscretions. That he allows his comms staff to indulge in this kind of juvenile, snarky Twitter discourse is quite unserious.  Why can't he just be a normal president like he promised?
Right, but Biden has to do something that would make him abnormal for a president first for this point to make sense
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2024, 08:43:41 AM »

Twitter was a cancer on public discourse, and anything that destroys its credibility is a positive development. If this is what Twitter discourse turns to and no one pays it serious attention anymore, then that's a massive step up from the 2016 status quo.

Are we talking about Twitter or the TalkElections forum?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2024, 10:57:47 AM »

Because they're massive losers. Really the dumbest and most pathetic people on Earth.

Feel like they fall into a few categories which I have varying degrees of respect for:

1. Naive young person who really doesn’t understand the situation or American politics at large but just what’s to complain - not much respect

2. Someone who feels attached to Gaza because of their ethnicity or perhaps they have friends/family there. In this case I’m more sympathetic

3. The legit foreign policy wonk, but usually their takes are more balanced and not unilaterally as anti-Biden in the way the first 2 groups are.

4. Fake accounts and bots. Seriously a lot of the Ceasefire type accounts seem like bots, especially if you look at who liked and retweets certain posts.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2024, 01:18:16 PM »

nah far too few racial slurs and Marxist-Leninists/Maoists
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies