Biden confuses Macron with Miterrand (article in portuguese)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:31:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden confuses Macron with Miterrand (article in portuguese)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden confuses Macron with Miterrand (article in portuguese)  (Read 437 times)
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2024, 03:05:22 PM »

https://www.otempo.com.br/mundo/gafe-biden-confunde-macron-com-ex-presidente-frances-ja-falecido-1.3325781

That being said, Atlas underestimates Trump's chances of winning. He has a genuine chance of doing so, especially with his overperformance in polling compared to the two previous elections.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:12:20 PM »

This makes him relatable, how many Americans even know who either of those French Presidents are?

(Half-sarcastic).
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 03:12:55 PM »

Lmao but I actually think that kind of stuff makes Biden look more like relatable Grandpa than unprepared or senile, so it’s not the kind of gaffe that will take lots of votes away from him.

If people cared that much about his age they wouldn’t have voted for him in 2020 to begin with.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 03:14:49 PM »

How is Atlas underestimating Trump? Just about every poster here thinks the election is over.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 03:15:24 PM »

He just misspoke, like Iraq instead of Ukraine a while ago. It's not like Biden repeated it many times as Trump did with "Speaker Nikki Haley". Classic Biden gaffe, of which he has a certain history long before his age was an issue.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 03:25:44 PM »

He just misspoke, like Iraq instead of Ukraine a while ago. It's not like Biden repeated it many times as Trump did with "Speaker Nikki Haley". Classic Biden gaffe, of which he has a certain history long before his age was an issue.

The funniest was when in his first speech as a vice-presidential candidate he called his running mate "Barack America".
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2024, 12:06:34 AM »

This makes him relatable, how many Americans even know who either of those French Presidents are?

(Half-sarcastic).
when trump says the same thing, democrats scream murder & fire & claim how it shows that he's unfit to be in office and that he's mentally deranged.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 12:13:50 AM »

when trump says the same thing, democrats scream murder & fire & claim how it shows that he's unfit to be in office and that he's mentally deranged.
If Trump only made innocuous gaffes, you would have a point. However, Democrats have derided Trump for his personality, behavior, and crazy, racist, and sexist comments, NOT because of simple gaffes.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2024, 12:25:50 AM »

(Half-sarcastic).

Trump is much, much worse.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2024, 01:29:12 AM »

That's your opinion, but I disagree, and i mean attacks on mental capability or age isn't helping your own case either, and that applies to both. Biden is 81 years old. I mean... it's normal to make gaffes like that at such age. It happens, i'm not blaming anyone. But attacks like that are less effective because it's hypocritical.

However, Democrats have derided Trump for his personality, behavior, and crazy, racist, and sexist comments, NOT because of simple gaffes.

I don't disagree with you here. That's not what i've said or am arguing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2024, 02:14:42 AM »

That's your opinion, but I disagree, and i mean attacks on mental capability or age isn't helping your own case either, and that applies to both. Biden is 81 years old. I mean... it's normal to make gaffes like that at such age. It happens, i'm not blaming anyone. But attacks like that are less effective because it's hypocritical.

However, Democrats have derided Trump for his personality, behavior, and crazy, racist, and sexist comments, NOT because of simple gaffes.

Trump encouraged people to drink bleach.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2024, 03:18:55 AM »

Trump encouraged people to drink bleach.

Most of the lockdowns that the left defended were unnecessary and did more harm than good. Covid is not the issue where you'll win me over. The left was horrible on that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2024, 03:24:00 AM »

Most of the lockdowns that the left defended were unnecessary and did more harm than good. Covid is not the issue where you'll win me over. The left was horrible on that.

Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2024, 05:05:45 AM »

Why are we discounting the possibility that Joe Biden, who is 81 years old, is close enough to the Great Beyond that the ghosts of past world leaders have started appearing to him?
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2024, 05:06:21 AM »

An English-language article about this week's episode of Adventures in Joe Biden is available from Fox. (With all due apologies, but it is very much the Republican fragment of the media that normally covers Bidenisms...)
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 09:40:22 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2024, 09:55:42 AM by Open Source Intelligence »

I frankly don't believe he'll make it to New Year's Day 2027 as President if he wins this November. If you disagree, good for you. We'll see in the end. He's here and has to clear this last hurdle for his party of he has to win the election this November, and after that everything else is gravy. It's very FDR-ish minus the whole world war thing where a candidate picked by party insiders and not really by Americans was who ultimately pushed the nuclear button. I think after that point when it becomes clear to them internally his Cabinet will call a private meeting around him that will never get leaked to the media and a la Nixon (under much different circumstances) tell him it's time to resign so they don't have to use the 25th and set precedent.

If you placed odds on who among the group below is President New Year's Day 2027 accounting for all circumstances (election, resignation, conviction of impeachment, death), Trump and Biden I would not go higher for each than 45%.

Trump
Biden
Harris (since my pipe dream of the Democratic National Convention replacing her 1944 style probably won't happen)
Trump's VP pick

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2024, 02:12:22 AM »

And another gaffe

Trump does it far more, we just gotten a report.

The fact that the left turns a blind eye and fails to recognise this, is gonna cost you 2024.

If someone like Whitmer was the nominee, you could've attacked Trump on mental sanity, old age and so on without issues, and no... you can't because you remind ppl that you yourself aren't better. This is not an argument where you'll win people over.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies