Did Biden win the Irish Catholic vote?

(1/3) > >>

King of Kensington:
Did Biden win his fellow Irish Catholics?  Note that about one sixth live in New England (vs. 8% of all with Irish ancestry).  

Stranger in a strange land:
Quote from: King of Kensington on January 30, 2024, 07:40:03 AM

Did Biden win his fellow Irish Catholics?  Note that about one sixth live in New England (vs. 8% of all with Irish ancestry).  

Per Gallup, Biden won the Catholic vote 52/47. Looking at the Wisconsin map, he probably lost German Catholics, and he likely won Latino Catholics (though only about 55% of US Latinos are Catholic according to Pew). Italian, Polish, and other Catholics were traditionally a Democratic voting block, but they've become much more Republican in recent years. So my guess is that Biden won Irish Catholics but not overwhelmingly. Probably something like 55/45.

mileslunn:
Close to evenly split but might have as not just lots in New England but even in other states tend to be in more Democrat areas be in San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago metro area, Philadelphia metro area where Democrats did win white vote. 

Pres Mike:
Probably not

TransfemmeGoreVidal:
As an Irish-Catholic based on widespread anecdotal experience I’m inclined to say yes. I think Irish-Catholics are slightly more D leaning than other white Catholics for cultural and historic reasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page