737 Boeing Airplanes have loose bolts (UPDATE: Boeing not install any bolts to begin with)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  737 Boeing Airplanes have loose bolts (UPDATE: Boeing not install any bolts to begin with)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 737 Boeing Airplanes have loose bolts (UPDATE: Boeing not install any bolts to begin with)  (Read 889 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 06:41:47 PM »

I still find it darkly humorous that the very morning of the Alaska Airlines incident, Boeing was in the news requesting exemptions from FAA safety regulations.
quesaisje
Electric Circus
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2024, 03:12:22 PM »

https://infosec.exchange/@0xabad1dea/111860684509813950

Quote from: abadidea (@0xabad1dea) February 2, 2024
A few times I have told the anecdote that the singly most baffling thing I ever saw in a code review — not the most insecure, just the most “how could a real programmer have written this? how could this ever make sense?” thing — was simply a C++ variable  number_of_trucks” … declared as float. Unambiguously referring to real physical trucks in a fleet.

Reader, it’s been over ten years and I am blowing the gods damn whistle. I had edited that story to protect the guilty: the variable was named number_of_planes. It was shipped by a company whose name begins with “B” and rhymes with “GOING out of business.”
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2024, 03:55:22 PM »

UPDATE:

Boeing never installed bolts to begin with

So for this particular recent incident where the door blew off… it turns out it was never bolted to begin with.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/faulty-door-panel-alaska-airlines-flight-no-bolts-installed-ntsb-says-rcna136416
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2024, 07:38:57 PM »

UPDATE:

Boeing never installed bolts to begin with

So for this particular recent incident where the door blew off… it turns out it was never bolted to begin with.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/faulty-door-panel-alaska-airlines-flight-no-bolts-installed-ntsb-says-rcna136416

Genius strategy.

“We need this plane in service quickly, but our documents suggest we need to install these bolts first. What should we do?”

“Trust in the Force Agile, you must. Succeed or fail fast, there is no delay.”
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2024, 08:11:51 PM »

I know it isn’t easy, but someone really needs to get a boycott going for Boeing. I know they haven’t lost an aircraft since that Ethiopian Airlines flight, but their lackadaisical approach to air safety is alarming.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2024, 09:37:33 PM »

I know it isn’t easy, but someone really needs to get a boycott going for Boeing. I know they haven’t lost an aircraft since that Ethiopian Airlines flight, but their lackadaisical approach to air safety is alarming.

I want a strong US aviation industry, but Boeing has become way too complacent in recent years.

I doubt Russian planes will become any kind of competitor, but maybe the rise of COMAC will light a fire under Boeing and force them to get things together.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies