Supreme Court Rules Against Texas on Border, Allows Feds to Cut Barbed Wire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:01:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Supreme Court Rules Against Texas on Border, Allows Feds to Cut Barbed Wire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Supreme Court Rules Against Texas on Border, Allows Feds to Cut Barbed Wire  (Read 4760 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2024, 01:19:07 PM »

If California can have a sanctuary state then Texas can do what they are doing . The Supreme Court basically said “we aren’t requiring Texas to do anything but the federal government can move to take action if they want” so it’s basically the same situation in reverse .

Hopefully Texas gets Biden to back down and Biden should for his reelection hopes . If Biden federalizes the guard than his re-election chances will drop even further
Massive Show of Strength yesterday as at least 25 Republican Governors signed on a Statement siding with Texas Governor Greg Abbott. This INVASION has to stop by any means neccessary.

If it is, as you say, an "INVASION", why is Gov. Abbot helping the INVADERS by providing them transport all around the United States? That sure sounds like it treason.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2024, 01:31:05 PM »

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the fundamental issue is that the executive branch of the federal government is either unable or unwilling to enforce the immigration laws duly adopted by this country and supported by a supermajority of her population, so the state of Texas is willing to lend the federal government a helping hand in this area… for which offense the red avatar keyboard warriors on this forum believe that the Biden Administration must start Civil War II.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2024, 01:47:07 PM »

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the fundamental issue is that the executive branch of the federal government is either unable or unwilling to enforce the immigration laws duly adopted by this country and supported by a supermajority of her population, so the state of Texas is willing to lend the federal government a helping hand in this area… for which offense the red avatar keyboard warriors on this forum believe that the Biden Administration must start Civil War II.

Many of them are acting way way more authoritarian than Trump as well. If they arrest Abbott , let alone every single GOP governor(except Scott) then that will prove these people dont care a bit about democracy and are actually more authoritarian than Trump.

Thankfully Joe Biden is no where near as authortarian as young progressives are
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2024, 01:48:22 PM »

What laws are the Biden administration not enforcing? Remember the vast majority of people coming to the border are asylum seekers, which is different from immigration.

Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2024, 01:55:18 PM »

They're always doing stuff like this. I was there during Jade Helm. Nothingburger, just another flashpoint in the age old federalism debate.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2024, 02:13:49 PM »

Okay. You’re wrong.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2024, 02:20:04 PM »

What laws are the Biden administration not enforcing? Remember the vast majority of people coming to the border are asylum seekers, which is different from immigration.

And all of these asylum seekers are waiting patiently in asylum seeker housing complexes while they wait for their claims to be processed? You’re certain that none of them are migrating inland to live and work next to the other countless millions who have been living and working illegally in this country for decades?
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2024, 02:20:31 PM »

Thank you Gov. Abbott!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2024, 02:22:47 PM »

And all of these asylum seekers are waiting patiently in asylum seeker housing complexes while they wait for their claims to be processed? You’re certain that none of them are migrating inland to live and work next to the other countless millions who have been living and working illegally in this country for decades?

You didn't answer the question, but I'm not surprised.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2024, 02:24:45 PM »

Even Democrats are coming out against plans to federalize the guard

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2024, 02:27:25 PM »

Thank you Gov. Abbott!

Abbott is doing Biden's job on Immigration, Trade and Foreign Relations. He successfully managed to beat Biden on Immigration while he is in India promoting Texas Business.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2024, 02:35:27 PM »

Why can't we just have a normal border?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2024, 02:36:22 PM »

You didn't answer the question, but I'm not surprised.

When Republicans say "he's not enforcing the law" what they mean is, "he's not enforcing the law the way we want". Because Republicans are uninterested, and perhaps incapable, of seeing the law as anything but a weapon for self-aggrandizement.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2024, 02:41:56 PM »

It feels like this Texas stuff is just happening on twitter. I haven't read anything on it outside of Twitter and only online people are talking about it. Nothing is actually happening except conservative states posturing.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2024, 03:58:56 PM »

Why can't we just have a normal border?
What exactly is a "normal" border? I can't think of any border in the world that serves as a good representation of all. The North and South Korea border is clearly quite different than those between different EU countries.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2024, 05:10:02 PM »

Many of them are acting way way more authoritarian than Trump as well. If they arrest Abbott , let alone every single GOP governor(except Scott) then that will prove these people dont care a bit about democracy and are actually more authoritarian than Trump.

Arresting governors for committing treason is authoritarian?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2024, 05:15:16 PM »

Arresting people for treason despite it not being treason is the 100% defintion of authoritarian
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2024, 05:18:40 PM »

Arresting people for treason despite it not being treason is the 100% defintion of authoritarian

It is treason.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2024, 05:19:57 PM »

It is treason.

Treason is defined in the constitution and no violating the supremacy clause is not in that definition. You are an authoritarian fascist who would be far more dangerous than Trump if ever elected
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2024, 05:23:46 PM »

It is treason.

Treason is defined in the constitution and no violating the supremacy clause is not in that definition. You are an authoritarian fascist who would be far more dangerous than Trump if ever elected

Violating the supremacy clause in order to physically harm people can be very, very bad, and potentially a serious constitutional and (yes) legal problem, without being treason. That goes for both of you.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2024, 06:03:48 PM »

Bring back Ulysses S Grant.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2024, 06:54:35 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4432392-abbott-texas-prepared-biden-federalize-national-guard/
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) said Texas is prepared in the “unlikely event” that President Biden federalizes the National Guard as the standoff over the southern border heats up.

“Well, first, I’d be shocked. That would be a boneheaded move on his part, total disaster,” Abbott told conservative host Tucker Carlson on his new show “Uncensored.”

“For one, as you might imagine, we are prepared in the event that that unlikely event does occur to make sure that we will be able to continue exactly what we’ve been doing over the past month and that is building these barriers,” Abbott added.

If ignoring the President's federalization of the national guard does not qualify as treason, then what does?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2024, 07:07:42 PM »

I really hope this is all just theater and it blows over and everyone just kinda moves on.

This has the potential of getting extremely ugly if it's not just theater.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2024, 10:59:02 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4432392-abbott-texas-prepared-biden-federalize-national-guard/
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) said Texas is prepared in the “unlikely event” that President Biden federalizes the National Guard as the standoff over the southern border heats up.

“Well, first, I’d be shocked. That would be a boneheaded move on his part, total disaster,” Abbott told conservative host Tucker Carlson on his new show “Uncensored.”

“For one, as you might imagine, we are prepared in the event that that unlikely event does occur to make sure that we will be able to continue exactly what we’ve been doing over the past month and that is building these barriers,” Abbott added.

If ignoring the President's federalization of the national guard does not qualify as treason, then what does?

It's not "treason" to have the state police (or the highway patrol, or the rangers) replace the national guardsmen.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2024, 11:00:45 PM »

Biden heeled to Governor Abbott, who is single handedly solving the border crisis.  Illegal immigrant crossings are now plummeting thanks to him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies