Iowa GOP Caucus (January 15) Megathread - Predictions, Turnout, Results, Etc.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 10:35:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Iowa GOP Caucus (January 15) Megathread - Predictions, Turnout, Results, Etc.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Author Topic: Iowa GOP Caucus (January 15) Megathread - Predictions, Turnout, Results, Etc.  (Read 10426 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2024, 10:04:31 PM »

Dallas County (Upper income educated 'burb of Des Moines) is not really looking like is going the way Haley would like.

Per NYT--- 

Trump=   42%
DeSantis- 26%
Haley-      24%

(24% in and est 3.8k remaining).

Looks like Haley and DeSantis are cannibilizing chunks of the '16 PUB caucus voters...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2024, 10:04:34 PM »

Honestly, the worst number tonight may be for Trump, with nearly 1/3 of GOP caucus voters saying that he's not fit for office if he's convicted.

If it's that high among a very conservative group like today, that's awful foreshadowing for a general electorate.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:11 PM »

NYTimes is still putting DeSantis at just 57% chance of second. Where's the call for that?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #378 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:14 PM »

Pollsters continuing their good run of accuracy.. ominous for Biden.

Not really.  The election is months away.  Of course caucus/primary polling for a contest that's upcoming will be more accurate.
Many individuals on here are suggesting that the current general numbers are fiction.

They're not fiction; they're a snapshot in time.
Of course.

But it's borderline negligible for Dems to act like Biden is currently in a good position.

*Negligent

Who is arguing that though?

wbrocks67

He nailed the midterms, I'm inclined to trust him.

This is true, everyone, myself included thought he was too optimistic but he was pretty much dead on.

How’d he do in 2020?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #379 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:18 PM »

Haley in third place right now in Dallas County. Not good.

She's leading DeSantis by 2 votes in the CNN count. Still not great, but slightly better.

I'm seeing DeSantis 20.3%, Haley 18.9% right now on CNN's site
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #380 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:27 PM »

Not really.  The election is months away.  Of course caucus/primary polling for a contest that's upcoming will be more accurate.
Many individuals on here are suggesting that the current general numbers are fiction.

Of course.

But it's borderline negligible for Dems to act like Biden is currently in a good position.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

Thanks haha. Regardless, Alben has been extremely obsessed with being anti-Biden lately, so I'm not surprised by his comments. It's been a bit overboard.

Most posts of Alben's have annoyed me for years.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #381 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:39 PM »

Of course.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

This is true, everyone, myself included thought he was too optimistic but he was pretty much dead on.
I guess his horrific 2020 predictions and good 2022 predictions cancel each other out.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:44 PM »

It looks like TRUMP is dominating the presidential election so far. Thank you!
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #383 on: January 15, 2024, 10:06:17 PM »

Ignore Alben at your own peril. He has a better pulse of the electorate than anybody on either side.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #384 on: January 15, 2024, 10:06:49 PM »

Of course.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

How’d he do in 2020?

LOL I'm not a truth sayer. I'm just like the rest of y'all. I'm not right every time, I obviously know that. But there's been numerous things about elections in 2022 and 2023 that many on this forum have ignored, and have made them *much* different than 2020. My point is that some on this forum don't seem to want to want to see it. It's almost like 1/6 and Roe changes things!
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #385 on: January 15, 2024, 10:06:59 PM »

Honestly, the worst number tonight may be for Trump, with nearly 1/3 of GOP caucus voters saying that he's not fit for office if he's convicted.

If it's that high among a very conservative group like today, that's awful foreshadowing for a general electorate.

Are any of his criminal trials expected before the election? It seems unlikely to make a difference.

If he got nailed on the classified documents or January 6, that might actually move something. Otherwise I doubt it.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #386 on: January 15, 2024, 10:07:38 PM »

Haha, what the hell did she expect?

Eternal war is not popular with anyone under 70.

Seriously though this idea of Haley (and democrats for that matter) as warmongers beholden entirely to Raytheon is baffling to me. There are more alternatives to "splendid isolation" than WW3.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #387 on: January 15, 2024, 10:08:17 PM »

She's leading DeSantis by 2 votes in the CNN count. Still not great, but slightly better.

I'm seeing DeSantis 20.3%, Haley 18.9% right now on CNN's site

They're tied at 25.8%, from what I see on there. Maybe it hasn't updated for me yet.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #388 on: January 15, 2024, 10:08:47 PM »

Sums it up nicely:

It is worth wondering if going in on Trump over the indictments would have actually made this race more competitive. 52% is a fairly tepid number that could have been driven down had some of these candidates made a case against him.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: January 15, 2024, 10:09:00 PM »

Of course.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

How’d he do in 2020?

LOL I'm not a truth sayer. I'm just like the rest of y'all. I'm not right every time, I obviously know that.

That’s true.

But midterms are not presidential elections. Presidential elections are fundamentally a personality contest and TRUMP has consistently been a strong performer.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #390 on: January 15, 2024, 10:09:04 PM »

Are any of his criminal trials expected before the election? It seems unlikely to make a difference.

If he got nailed on the documents or January 6, that might move something. Otherwise I doubt it.

The DC trial is the only one at this point that seems likely before the election, but who knows really
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2024, 10:10:00 PM »

Of course.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

How’d he do in 2020?

He predicted Biden would win FL :

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=410005.msg7721501#msg7721501

He also said Biden had a better chance of winning a landslide than Trump had of winning

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=409640.msg7718459#msg7718459
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2024, 10:10:11 PM »

Of course.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

How’d he do in 2020?

LOL I'm not a truth sayer. I'm just like the rest of y'all. I'm not right every time, I obviously know that.

That’s true.

But midterms are not presidential elections. Presidential elections are fundamentally a personality contest and TRUMP has consistently been a strong performer.

He hasn't though? He got 46-47% in both of his elections, both losing the popular vote, and Trump-ism itself has now been defeated in numerous elections as well. Trump has not been a winner for elections since 2016.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2024, 10:11:16 PM »

Of course.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

How’d he do in 2020?

He also said Biden had a better chance of winning a landslide than Trump had of winning

You all are really obsessed with me lmao. Didn't realize that predicting one election wrong means you can't be right ever again! I guess all of you are constantly correct all the time. Must be nice!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2024, 10:11:44 PM »

Sums it up nicely:

It is worth wondering if going in on Trump over the indictments would have actually made this race more competitive. 52% is a fairly tepid number that could have been driven down had some of these candidates made a case against him.

Yep, it would've been extremely interesting to see if both DeSantis and Haley had hit Trump on the indictments and 1/6.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2024, 10:11:59 PM »

Not really.  The election is months away.  Of course caucus/primary polling for a contest that's upcoming will be more accurate.

Of course.

*Negligent

wbrocks67

How’d he do in 2020?

He was also very insistent that Brian Fitzpatrick was extremely vulnerable, although he seems to have some kind of personal hatred for Fitzpatrick.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2024, 10:12:04 PM »

Many individuals on here are suggesting that the current numbers are fiction.

Yes, it is obvious at least that Trump would win if the election were held today, and the people you're referring to need to wake up to that reality. We can argue about how bad a sign it is for Biden in November, but it's not GOOD at the least.

That's a strawman argument though.  Most would readily concede Biden would lose if the election were held today.  The argument is just that it is not held today, and Biden has months to turn it around.  He may or may not actually do so.

If today were November 5th, Biden would be an underdog in deep trouble... but it isn't November 5th. Donald Trump hasn't shoved his hate-filled orange-painted face in every American's TV and pulled a mix of whining and pretending to be Hitler for three straight months. Biden has barely started to taxi his national campaign for takeoff.  There are nine months of time still waiting to unfold, for good and for ill.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2024, 10:12:26 PM »

Haley now ahead in Polk while Trump also clears 53%.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2024, 10:12:55 PM »

Among those who decided in the last two weeks, Haley won, followed by DeSantis, with Trump in 3rd.

However, 64% of the electorate decided before that, and Trump won that vote by 64%-17% with DeSantis in 2nd and Haley in 3rd.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2024, 10:13:18 PM »

NYT seems really behind, only showing Trump with 23k vs. CNN with 26k
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies