How Atlas can be more cis women friendly?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:51:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How Atlas can be more cis women friendly?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: How can Atals become more cis women friendly?
Create a board on women's issues

Put an F (feminist) avatar option

A bit more moderation?

Create more threads on females (especially on the 'what if' board)

Other ideas

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: How Atlas can be more cis women friendly?  (Read 1542 times)
wnwnwn
Peru

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2024, 04:00:12 PM »
« edited: January 11, 2024, 04:06:37 PM by wnwnwn »

I'm talking about making it friendly for women who care about politics.
Discuss.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 04:06:56 PM »

I'm not really sure it's the environment here why a relatively low number of users are women. It's more like that posting in an online political forum seems to be more of a male thing, sadly.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 05:18:04 PM »

Less horny posting about Sanna Marin would probably help.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 05:35:56 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2024, 08:04:02 PM by John Doe 36 for '96! »

Have an annual Atlas Cis Women Appreciation Day where every cis woman gets to be modadmin for that day.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 05:37:55 PM »

A quick qualification: there are probably more women here than we think, but for obvious reasons, women on the internet have learned that advertising their gender is a very effective way to get a bunch of creepy messages.

If we want to make Atlas more women-friendly, one of the first things we need to do is crack down on the creepy threads sexualizing female politicians.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 05:39:55 PM »

“Dad, what was the Atlas Women’s Issues board like?”

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 05:43:20 PM »

A quick qualification: there are probably more women here than we think, but for obvious reasons, women on the internet have learned that advertising their gender is a very effective way to get a bunch of creepy messages.

If we want to make Atlas more women-friendly, one of the first things we need to do is crack down on the creepy threads sexualizing female politicians.
Our cis female admin doesn't care about those/has actually made some herself, and as I've said before in my Furnace Fest group no women seem to care about posts about hot female musicians who have played there because they post more hot male musicians who have played there.
Arizona Iced Pee
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2024, 05:48:36 PM »

Change the name to Talk Recipes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2024, 06:02:06 PM »

This thread is going to go well.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2024, 06:03:03 PM »

less feet threads
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 06:11:19 PM »

It shouldn’t. This is a safe space for men.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2024, 06:20:17 PM »

I'm not really sure it's the environment here why a relatively low number of users are women. It's more like that posting in an online political forum seems to be more of a male thing, sadly.

So where are the trans men then?
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2024, 06:37:01 PM »

Send anyone that has a post of theirs reposted in the Jimmie Jail to the chair.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2024, 06:48:07 PM »

Gay men can also go bit creepy...
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2024, 06:56:37 PM »

I was thinking about this as well. Hornyposting is one of the most notorious things I do online, alongside alternate history.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 07:04:44 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2024, 08:16:25 PM by Maligayang pagdating sa Vegas: The 9th Island »

Just stop hitting on every female that registers here. No creepy messages, over the top compliments on a political forum, etc.

Just so tired of woman being treated like OBJECTS
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 07:24:19 PM »

“Dad, what was the Atlas Women’s Issues board like?”

Oops, you left in some s-es. You meant to say "Woman Issue" board.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 07:24:31 PM »

If that's the case, either ban PMs altogether or have a zero tolerance policy and ban people who send creepy PMs.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 07:49:30 PM »

The "F" avatar should be black to symbolize the connection between women and our mother the Earth.

Our sole queen, our sole mother earth. Bow.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 07:53:15 PM »

Agreed

And i think generally male demographics will tend to be more interested in politics (/history etc.) that kind of stuff as well.

Secondly, i tend to think a lot of woman would really have different opinions than the common accepted view on the forums. So, the forum should also be more open to some other views.

Thirdly, if a F avatar is added for feminists, pink would be the best colour (joking aside).

Also, we need purple avatars, preferrably a P (for pacifist). And why's the constitution beige actually?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2024, 09:39:29 PM »

With a lot of right wing pollsters women post on other blogs that have more people like myself

Look how many Discord pollsters that there are that says the same thing that Trump is gonna beat Biden lol a Poll is just out showing Trump losing in PA, that proves that Trump won't crack the blue wall

If it's not Marist, PPP or QU polls are trash like Rassy +9 Trump poll and a Noble poll had Trump +4 and Leger has Biden +4

On other blogs they constantly like my comments especially Facebook and they wanted Beasley and Ryan and Barnes to win too
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2024, 09:47:14 PM »

if "horny posting" kept women away, there would be very few places on the internet with women

(though I 100% agree that there should be less of it here and elsewhere, grow up boys)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 10:06:06 PM »

In all seriousness, it's ridiculous to think that this forum would magically become 50% women if we just "cleaned up our acts" or stopped "sexualizing female politicians" (something that definitely happens and is annoying, but not all too often in the grand scheme of things). The problem is that the particular strain of autism that causes us to obsess over precinct maps of Mingo County, WV just is not that common in women. Men are more likely to be autistic, and even mentally well men are more likely to have niche weird interests. Female autists generally channel their obsessiveness into other things like horses, knitting, and social media.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 11:41:09 PM »

In all seriousness, it's ridiculous to think that this forum would magically become 50% women if we just "cleaned up our acts" or stopped "sexualizing female politicians" (something that definitely happens and is annoying, but not all too often in the grand scheme of things). The problem is that the particular strain of autism that causes us to obsess over precinct maps of Mingo County, WV just is not that common in women. Men are more likely to be autistic, and even mentally well men are more likely to have niche weird interests. Female autists generally channel their obsessiveness into other things like horses, knitting, and social media.

I know that, but there are also female channels on social media that talk about various political issues, altorught mostly outside elections. Also, I'm pretry sure there are some random interseccional feminism who would like to spend some time in discussing some of the racial related parts of electoral geography.
That's why I trought about creating feminist avatars, even if I know most females would not be choose that if forced into the forum. There are also very conservative females, but they also are more on the religious than the political side of thah movement, I suppose.
Also, there are a lot of austistic young boys who dodn't care or even believe in electoral politics.
On the other hand, I think that females don't like much forums in general. Reading normal fiction, scrolling and following influencer vblogs are more for them. There are reasons Wattpad and Emma Chamberlain got so big, sltorught Wattpad is more like anime for females I suppose... Also, the ones interested in politics are kind of likely to prefer staying following accounts of opinions their like in social media.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2024, 12:03:55 AM »

I voted "other ideas" only because I want Atlas to be more inclusive to cis women, but think that those three ideas would not achieve that objective. But also every time I post here the text "peenie_weenie" appears next to my post (instead of my actual name), and I kinda think that's funny and don't want to change that if people are cool with it. 👍
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies