Areas in Southern States where Democrats won white vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:49:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Areas in Southern States where Democrats won white vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Areas in Southern States where Democrats won white vote  (Read 515 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 28, 2023, 03:35:13 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2023, 03:39:54 PM by CentristRepublican »

Nowadays, whites in southern US tend to go massively GOP, often north of 70% and some over 80%.  For South to make it simple, I am referring to former confederate states from US civil war, so what would be some areas be it cities, or counties where Biden and Democrats of recent won white vote.  Ones I can think of are:

-  Austin metro area

-  Dallas proper, but not suburbs

-  New Orleans

-  Springdale, Arkansas (one of few cities in Arkansas where Biden likely won white vote)

-  Nashville

-  Northern Virginia

- Charlottesville

- Buncombe, Orange, Durham, Wake and possibly Mecklenburg county in North Carolina

-  Inner Atlanta metro area (Fulton, DeKalb and Clayton counties, counties beyond Biden won but not white vote)

-  Athens, Georgia

-  Alachua county for sure and possibly Leon, Orange, Broward, and Miami-Dade in Florida but Alachua is only one I am certain Biden won there.  

Mississippi and Alabama appear to be two states where GOP wins white vote everywhere.  In case of South Carolina, Trump probably won white vote in Charleston and Richland counties, but Biden narrowly in Charleston and Columbia proper.

I'm leery about Dallas, because it's only Biden+41, despite having quite a small proportion of white voters. Moreover the southern part of the city (bordering Kaufman County) is heavily African-American and votes 85-95% D, so that's probably a big factor driving up the Democratic margin in the city.

Also not sure about Leon (which I'd guess is pretty racially polarized - Tallahassee isn't a particularly large city with a growing population, so I'm guessing the Democratic votes are coming from the black population that's historically lived there rather than white transplants) or Orange (which is very, very racially diverse and not all that Democratic - Biden barely cracked 60%) Counties in Florida.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 03:38:38 PM »

He probably won it in the city of Houston, though not Harris County.

Also why do you think he won it in Springdale but not Fayetteville?

Not too sure about it. Houston proper is very diverse (only 24% white) and the Democratic margin even in the city itself is less than one might think for such a large city (only Biden+30). I'd definitely guess that even in Houston proper, the GOP managed 50-60% of the white vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies