Special Labor Party Convention December 2023
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:40:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Special Labor Party Convention December 2023
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Special Labor Party Convention December 2023  (Read 1660 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2023, 07:12:23 PM »

How demanding is the Gen Sec job, usually?

From my understanding, it typically varies depending on the officer's engagement with their delegates tasks. Some have concentrated on candidate recruitment alone and did that very well, others may have acted more as an advisor with regard to leadership discussions.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2023, 09:14:09 PM »

Though I maintain impartiality wrt the nomination, I will second to allow a competitive ballot.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2023, 09:25:52 PM »

Senate Vacancy Election Now Open

As per the conditions referenced in the nomination bulletin, the candidate nomination period is now closed. We will now begin the election period to select who shall be appointed to the At-Large Senate vacancy in coming session of Congress. Two candidates will appear on the ballot: Former President Adam Griffin and Senate President Pro Tempore Dwarven Dragon. In consideration of the holidays, I will allow voting to last through Jan. 1st. To note, Labor members who have not signed-in to this convention may still do so to cast their ballot.

Delegates, please fill out the ballot below with your preferences.

For Senate

[  ] Adam Griffin of Michigan
[  ] Dwarven Dragon of New Hampshire

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2023, 09:28:45 PM »

Adam Griffin
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2024, 03:36:30 PM »

Adam Griffin
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2024, 03:47:51 PM »

Adam Griffin
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2024, 04:07:51 PM »

Though not a party member, I do encourage Labor members to select Dwarven for the seat. If nothing else, the fact that Peace gave up a seat for Pyro in October shows they are willing to work to form a broader left coalition, and it would be good for that coalition's health to return the favor. Beyond that he's been a good PPT and with him gone there is no likely non-SNP candidate for the position as everyone else by my knowledge is busy with IRL, etc.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2024, 04:07:56 PM »

Adam Griffin
Wulfric is above average. If he wasn't being pitted against Adam here I would have voted for him.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2024, 06:24:30 PM »

I will just note for the record that Griffin appears likely to be expelled from the LGC for inactivity in the coming days, and was chronically inactive in his last senate tenure. I get that for many, an inactive supporter is preferred against an active but not perfectly aligned alternative, and that Griffin is the Labor equivalent of Yankee before his departure, but if you are expecting any concrete policy outcome with Griffin, such expectations are very far-fetched.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2024, 11:42:59 PM »

Senate Vacancy Election Results

With the allotted time expired, the votes shall be certified and counted. All votes cast by a delegate to this convention have been accepted.

Adam Griffin is elected.

As per the conditions referenced in previous bulletins, Adam Griffin is this convention's designated nominee to fill the vacancy and will be promptly appointed at the appropriate time. I wholeheartedly thank the candidates for their interest, as well as the delegates for their participation. Let this represent the start of a whole new experiment in openness and democratization. As your Chair, it is my intent to continue this evolution into 2024.

It has been my sincerest honor to have led this Special Labor Party Convention, a pivotal re-invigoration point for this progressive organization and a landmark moment in Atlasian politics. According to the party bylaws, we are scheduled to open a full convention five weeks prior to the next presidential election. Seeing as the previous convention took place in Frémont (Butte, MT), we shall reconvene in the next region alphabetically: Lincoln. The venue will be based in Scranton, PA, the Lincoln site last selected by Labor delegates. I hope to see you there.

This convention is now adjourned. Long live the Labor Party!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2024, 01:12:57 PM »

I will just note for the record that Griffin appears likely to be expelled from the LGC for inactivity in the coming days, and was chronically inactive in his last senate tenure. I get that for many, an inactive supporter is preferred against an active but not perfectly aligned alternative, and that Griffin is the Labor equivalent of Yankee before his departure, but if you are expecting any concrete policy outcome with Griffin, such expectations are very far-fetched.

Sore loser, as always. Go away.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2024, 02:16:36 PM »

Sore loser, as always. Go away.

Never mind that I posted that before the vote was closed, but feel free to ping me if he ever does cast a vote in the Senate.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2024, 05:17:28 PM »

Just as an addendum, to make it official, I hereby appoint Adam Griffin to the Senate vacancy.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies