Cindy Axne vs. Steve King for Governor in a Trump midterm, who wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cindy Axne vs. Steve King for Governor in a Trump midterm, who wins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who wins this match-up?
Cindy Axne

Steve King

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Cindy Axne vs. Steve King for Governor in a Trump midterm, who wins?  (Read 3423 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023, 09:39:36 PM »

You say “it can’t happen here” and I say “I hope that you’re right, but I also hope we never have to find out.”  There’s not much to discuss beyond that.  All due respect, but you’re not going to change my mind on this and I doubt anything I say can change yours.

It won’t happen here, I’m confident about it. Not saying that Trump wouldn’t try, just that he wouldn’t succeed.

Agreed.

Also the election denying wing of the party is pretty powerless in that regard because the rest of the party and the Democrats can shoot them down whenever they want.

That part of the party is quite marginal and is only going to get smaller each successive election cycle. I think you vastly overestimate any influence they might have - my trust in American democracy prevailing is more based on the institutions that won't just let one megalomaniac and his band of minions overturn democracy at whim.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2023, 09:50:31 PM »

You say “it can’t happen here” and I say “I hope that you’re right, but I also hope we never have to find out.”  There’s not much to discuss beyond that.  All due respect, but you’re not going to change my mind on this and I doubt anything I say can change yours.

It won’t happen here, I’m confident about it. Not saying that Trump wouldn’t try, just that he wouldn’t succeed.

Agreed.

Also the election denying wing of the party is pretty powerless in that regard because the rest of the party and the Democrats can shoot them down whenever they want.

That part of the party is quite marginal and is only going to get smaller each successive election cycle. I think you vastly overestimate any influence they might have - my trust in American democracy prevailing is more based on the institutions that won't just let one megalomaniac and his band of minions overturn democracy at whim.

It’s small but decisive when combined with the support of Democrats.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2023, 09:53:45 PM »

Agreed.

What about if the GOP runs up huge Congressional majorities? I think you're overestimating the effect of ordinary politicians. You need to look more at the bureaucracy and behind-the-curtain government institutions. You need to look at nonpartisan government officials in the military, like Esper and Milley. They have much more power than people realize and would NEVER let an insurrection occur under their watch.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2023, 09:54:47 PM »

Agreed.

What about if the GOP runs up huge Congressional majorities? I think you're overestimating the effect of ordinary politicians. You need to look more at the bureaucracy and behind-the-curtain government institutions. You need to look at nonpartisan government officials in the military, like Esper and Milley. They have much more power than people realize and would NEVER let an insurrection occur under their watch.

I doubt the congressional majorities in either chamber will be large enough to withstand such defections.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies