We all are in grave danger!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:10:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We all are in grave danger!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: We all are in grave danger!  (Read 15362 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2007, 06:31:59 PM »

I love it when I derail a stupid thread!!

Given that this entire thread was about texasindy, you haven't exactly done so.

Lets turn this thread into a different topic now..

You've already proved that you are insane, so we can't change to that...

Hmm....what to talk about....

How about that local sports franchise?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2007, 06:33:38 PM »

The one owned by texasindy who by the way does not really like the Atlas Forum?

Oh yeah, texasindy, I remember her.

jamespol, too.

texasindy and jamespol... yep.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2007, 06:34:18 PM »

Who is texasindy?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2007, 06:34:35 PM »

The one owned by texasindy who by the way does not really like the Atlas Forum?

Oh yeah, texasindy, I remember her.

jamespol, too.

texasindy and jamespol... yep.

Well played sir.

2 points to Griffendor.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2007, 06:37:40 PM »

This girl who apparently does not like the Atlas Forum, apparently.

So I heard, though.

Did you hear anything like that?  It's just a rumor on this blog or some sort oh yeah that blog is also where she badmouthed us or something I don't know what that was about can you provide more information maybe?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2007, 06:39:43 PM »

I agree, let's change the topic which reminds me we were talking about topic-changing and then we were all like "hey texasindy change the topic" and she really doesn't like the Atlas Forum or something so I heard do you know anything about that?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2007, 06:42:43 PM »

I agree, let's change the topic which reminds me we were talking about topic-changing and then we were all like "hey texasindy change the topic" and she really doesn't like the Atlas Forum or something so I heard do you know anything about that?

I have it on good authority she does daily exercises and ain't lazy.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2007, 06:44:12 PM »

I have it on good authority she does daily exercises and ain't lazy.

But bitching on an internet forum isn't really "exercise" per se.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »

Say Gabu, you couldn't kindly give me a recap of this entire thread, perhaps?  I seem to have forgotten what it was all about.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2007, 07:14:53 PM »

Hilarious thread.

Some people just don't "get" this forum.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2007, 07:17:38 PM »

This forum would be so much better if BushOklahoma posted more.. and perhaps if he was a moderator.

He is a very hard-working guy.. and has made it through college, even though he has a disability... he may be scarily conservative for a Democrat, but at least he is respectful about his social views...

He is the only true Christian on This Forum....

Thank you, James for the kind words.  I happen to like Texasindy as well.  I have not read her blog in a while, so I cannot comment on that at this time, but like James said, we do have major social differences, yet are good friends on the Internet.  I do agree with some of you that both texasindy and James may have been slightly overreacting, but thats just human nature folks.  She was just trying to vent some of her frustrations about what she thought was injustice.  Her perceptions may not be your perceptions, but thats okay, just don't bash her over the head with a cast-iron skillet like you have done on this thread.  James was just trying to defend a very good friend.  You can tell one thing, he is passionate about defending a very good friend of his, which is a very good attribute.  Now, he didn't need to insult the rest of you in the process, but he was just a little hot under the collar and I thought I saw the steam rising from my laptop.  So, lets all just calm down, take a deep breath, and sing KumByYah.  Okay, maybe not, but you get the picture.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »

Whilst I really don't want to continue posting in this thread, I would like to attempt to make another point.

I don't believe that I have directly insulted texasindy in any way. If I am wrong, please let me know. I realise that Jamespol is upset because he is friends with texasindy and he believes that she has been attacked unfairly. To an extent, I can sympathise with him. I consider someone who is regularly attacked unfairly (and who was attacked in this very thread, actually) a friend, and it seriously pisses me off whenever the person is flamed for no reason. However, that does not give me any justification for hopping into random threads and flaming other users. It's not as though I don't care; I care a lot, even if this is just the Internet. But two wrongs don't make a right, and the way to stop flaming is not to add fuel to the fire. If someone is being treated improperly, report the post or thread to a moderator. Don't start insulting others just because your friend has been attacked or you might find yourself in trouble.

This is mostly directed toward James, but I'm sure that many other people could find this useful.

I completely understand, and I am glad that you know how I feel.. Yes I do know that two wrongs do not make a right..

Maybe I overreacted in defending her, but I felt the need to defend her.. she is my best friend on the internet, and it p*ssed me off when someone said that texasindy does not like anyone who disagrees with her... because I disagree with her on many many many issues..

Everett, I have never really interacted with you, but I have always liked you as a poster... I will try to keep my insults down now..

I am sorry if I offended you..

--James

to Lawrence Watson, do not make a name attack towards texasindy ... do not call her lazy, she, like myself, do daily exercises.. we aint lazy.. and she is probably more educated then you..

A list of people who have annoyed texasindy:

HardRCafe
CARLHAYDEN
DownWIthTHeLeft
A18
MaC
Vander Blubb
Jesus
Deano963
opebo
BRTD,
and many many more...

disclaimer: Just because they annoyed texasindy, doesn't mean that they annoyed me...

--James

What did I ever do to her?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »

Texasindy was last active today, about five hours ago.  She insists on leaving the forum in the most melodramatic way possible... and then doesn't actually leave.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2007, 07:37:07 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2007, 07:40:12 PM by Alcon »

Thank you, James for the kind words.  I happen to like Texasindy as well.  I have not read her blog in a while, so I cannot comment on that at this time, but like James said, we do have major social differences, yet are good friends on the Internet.  I do agree with some of you that both texasindy and James may have been slightly overreacting, but thats just human nature folks.  She was just trying to vent some of her frustrations about what she thought was injustice.  Her perceptions may not be your perceptions, but thats okay, just don't bash her over the head with a cast-iron skillet like you have done on this thread.  James was just trying to defend a very good friend.  You can tell one thing, he is passionate about defending a very good friend of his, which is a very good attribute.  Now, he didn't need to insult the rest of you in the process, but he was just a little hot under the collar and I thought I saw the steam rising from my laptop.  So, lets all just calm down, take a deep breath, and sing KumByYah.  Okay, maybe not, but you get the picture.

I don't really like getting involved in Internet dramas like this, but I have to say that if I was touchier, I'd be bothered by what she did.  I posted something like "sorry, but I think that you are being melodramatic - this is just the Internet."  She attacked me as "rude" and a "so-called 'moderator'" in a public blog, without even contacting me to tell me how she felt first.  I find it a little hard to sympathize with her after that sort of behavior.  I really didn't mean any malice toward her at all, and I think that was pretty evident.

And even after Dave said "no deleted accounts," she's still spamming him daily like she is entitled to have her account deleted.  It's a little ridiculous, even if I personally found her to be cordial as a poster.  This is ruder than what the vast majority of this board did to her (which is nothing bad at all).  She's punishing all of us for the actions of a few.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »

Texasindy was last active today, about five hours ago.  She insists on leaving the forum in the most melodramatic way possible... and then doesn't actually leave.

Are you sure? Because, she "forgot" her password, and is not able to log in.

Last Active:     Today at 03:15:44 pm
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2007, 07:41:58 PM »

Thank you, James for the kind words.  I happen to like Texasindy as well.  I have not read her blog in a while, so I cannot comment on that at this time, but like James said, we do have major social differences, yet are good friends on the Internet.  I do agree with some of you that both texasindy and James may have been slightly overreacting, but thats just human nature folks.  She was just trying to vent some of her frustrations about what she thought was injustice.  Her perceptions may not be your perceptions, but thats okay, just don't bash her over the head with a cast-iron skillet like you have done on this thread.  James was just trying to defend a very good friend.  You can tell one thing, he is passionate about defending a very good friend of his, which is a very good attribute.  Now, he didn't need to insult the rest of you in the process, but he was just a little hot under the collar and I thought I saw the steam rising from my laptop.  So, lets all just calm down, take a deep breath, and sing KumByYah.  Okay, maybe not, but you get the picture.

I don't really like getting involved in Internet dramas like this, but I have to say that if I was touchier, I'd be bothered by what she did.  I posted something like "sorry, but I think you are being melodramatic."  She attacked me as "rude" and a "so-called 'moderator'" in a public blog, without even contacting me to tell me how she felt first.  I find it a little hard to sympathize with her after that sort of behavior.  I really didn't mean any malice toward her at all, and I think that was pretty evident.

And even after Dave said "no deleted accounts," she's still spamming him daily like she is entitled to have her account deleted.  It's a little ridiculous, even if I personally found her to be cordial as a poster.  This is ruder than what the vast majority of this board did to her (which is nothing bad at all).  She's punishing all of us for the actions of a few.

I can see your point, and clearly she should not have insulted you or anyone else or be spamming Dave, but she just needs to vent some frustrations. So, please, let her alone and just don't respond to her if and when she does attack.  You have the control of not responding or reading her attacks.  She has the control to just move on, but I can see both of your points.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »

BTW yall, untill she has her account deleted, she will not remove that blog about this forum. No how, no way.

And I believe I am the cutest dude who posted on this thread today Cheesy!!!

Do you think that Dave feels threatened by her or something?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

BTW yall, untill she has her account deleted, she will not remove that blog about this forum. No how, no way.

Frankly I think she has the inferior bargaining position here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »

Ill be back in a quick minute, need to go to quiktrip to get some soda,, brb

I CANT WAIT

(Seriously, is anybody else as totally freaked out by this kid as I am?  I feel like if we were all in the same room as each other, we'd be smiling and nodding at his blathering streams of consciousness while discreetly hiding the knives.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2007, 07:48:55 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2007, 07:50:48 PM by Oklahoma City Democrat »

Alright, guys, lets all be adults here and stop insulting each other.  That goes for all parties involved.  

I agree with TexasIndy, and I didn't see anything in her blog entry that represented a personal attack on anyone.  It was just frustration.  She's not even attacking Dave or Alcon, just is peeved about her perception of their adminstrative and moderating duties.  I personally don't have a problem with either one, but she has a right to her concerns and has a right to voice them.  She did it in a pretty nice way.

Alcon, would it be too much to request that this thread be locked.  Its getting too far out of hand, and we need to resume civility as much as possible and go on with our lives.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »

If she wants to leave, then she'd just do that.  The fact that she keeps coming back and can't stop bitching about it means that if her account were ever deleted, she'd just re-register eventually.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »

I agree with TexasIndy, and I didn't see anything in her blog entry that represented a personal attack on anyone.

She personally attacked Alcon as well as the forum as a collective whole for no good reason.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2007, 07:52:05 PM »

Ill be back in a quick minute, need to go to quiktrip to get some soda,, brb

I CANT WAIT

(Seriously, is anybody else as totally freaked out by this kid as I am?  I feel like if we were all in the same room as each other, we'd be smiling and nodding at his blathering streams of consciousness while discreetly hiding the knives.)

Nope
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2007, 07:54:14 PM »

I agree with TexasIndy, and I didn't see anything in her blog entry that represented a personal attack on anyone.

She personally attacked Alcon as well as the forum as a collective whole for no good reason.

I guess that could be seen as a personal attack, and it probably was uncalled for, but like I've said, she's just frustrated.  LEAVE HER ALONE!!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »

Alcon, would it be too much to request that this thread be locked.  Its getting too far out of hand, and we need to resume civility as much as possible and go on with our lives.

I'd be happy to, but unless the thread turns into a total pit of flaming or the OP wants it locked, I really don't think I have the right to.

I guess that could be seen as a personal attack, and it probably was uncalled for, but like I've said, she's just frustrated.  LEAVE HER ALONE!!

I know she's frustrated, but considering that she keeps having people post for her, is attacking us on a public blog and has contacted me several times to say she won't stop this until Dave gives her special treatment, we're not the ones who need to leave the other party alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies