Kentucky - Concord Public Partners - Beshear +8 (under 50%).
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:08:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kentucky - Concord Public Partners - Beshear +8 (under 50%).
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky - Concord Public Partners - Beshear +8 (under 50%).  (Read 1322 times)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2023, 09:48:55 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 09:55:56 PM »

Still think this race will be a nailbiter, just like the last one. It's an unstoppable force meets an immovable object: One candidate is a white good ol' boy who's broadly liked but also is a Democrat while the other is a black man devoid of charisma tied to the hated McConnell, but also is a Republican endorsed by Trump.

Will be interesting to see which factors win out this time. I never really doubted that Bevin was hated enough last time to sink him, but this time has been another story. Nobody hates Cameron like Bevin (except for the real diehard racists I guess) but nobody loves him either. Beshear, it's either love or hate. The election is almost perfectly balanced; I think Beshear takes it by the skin of his teeth, but I'd love to be wrong and see a Democratic landslide by Kentucky standards at least.

Honestly it's surreal: We had one of the LEAST popular governors in the country barely lose last time due to his party affiliation, and we may have one of the MOST popular governors in the country either barely win or barely lose this time for the same reason but in the opposite direction. Kentucky is a testing ground for the power of approval ratings vs. partisanship.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 10:14:56 PM »

Still think this race will be a nailbiter, just like the last one. It's an unstoppable force meets an immovable object: One candidate is a white good ol' boy who's broadly liked but also is a Democrat while the other is a black man devoid of charisma tied to the hated McConnell, but also is a Republican endorsed by Trump.

Will be interesting to see which factors win out this time. I never really doubted that Bevin was hated enough last time to sink him, but this time has been another story. Nobody hates Cameron like Bevin (except for the real diehard racists I guess) but nobody loves him either. Beshear, it's either love or hate. The election is almost perfectly balanced; I think Beshear takes it by the skin of his teeth, but I'd love to be wrong and see a Democratic landslide by Kentucky standards at least.

Honestly it's surreal: We had one of the LEAST popular governors in the country barely lose last time due to his party affiliation, and we may have one of the MOST popular governors in the country either barely win or barely lose this time for the same reason but in the opposite direction. Kentucky is a testing ground for the power of approval ratings vs. partisanship.

Do you think the race has closed recently or was it always going to be like this?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 10:18:56 PM »

Do you think the race has closed recently or was it always going to be like this?

Based on discussions with coworkers, yard signs, etc. it really DOES feel like the race has closed recently. But that itself may have been inevitable, so it may not be an either/or thing: We've seen time and time again in recent years that liberals/Democrats are often more proactive in supporting their candidates while conservatives/Republicans come home towards the end. All I can tell you is there was a time when I drove through Boyle County (a key swing county) and the city of Danville and saw Beshear signs all over the place and zero Cameron signs, yet a couple days ago they seemed almost evenly matched.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 10:24:40 PM »

Based on discussions with coworkers, yard signs, etc. it really DOES feel like the race has closed recently. But that itself may have been inevitable, so it may not be an either/or thing: We've seen time and time again in recent years that liberals/Democrats are often more proactive in supporting their candidates while conservatives/Republicans come home towards the end. All I can tell you is there was a time when I drove through Boyle County (a key swing county) and the city of Danville and saw Beshear signs all over the place and zero Cameron signs, yet a couple days ago they seemed almost evenly matched.

So Cameron just brought people who were always going to vote for him to his camp?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 10:29:37 PM »

So Cameron just brought people who were always going to vote for him to his camp?

Considering most of the polls showed Beshear ahead but never at 50%, yeah pretty much. He got disengaged voters engaged. And now it's probably about 50/50, which will make this a real nailbiter.

As I've said, I hope I'm wrong and Beshear really does win by like 8 points.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 10:39:17 PM »

Considering most of the polls showed Beshear ahead but never at 50%, yeah pretty much. He got disengaged voters engaged. And now it's probably about 50/50, which will make this a real nailbiter.

As I've said, I hope I'm wrong and Beshear really does win by like 8 points.

He’s very close to 50% in most polls, and even at 50% itself in some of them.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 10:47:51 PM »

This doesn't really seem to tell us much.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 11:13:56 PM »

This is some random pac poll, I don't trust it even though I think Beshear will win.
EastwoodS

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 12:41:54 AM »

This is definitely a Beasher 50-48 result. They are just too repugnant to admit it.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 12:44:57 AM »

there is not any danger of violence between cameron and beshear supporters right?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 06:39:49 AM »

Confident in Beshear
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 12:47:44 PM »

there is not any danger of violence between cameron and beshear supporters right?

if there is, Beshear’s will win
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 02:58:52 PM »

Kentucky had one other semi competitive statewide race in 2019.. secretary of state...

This year all the republicans could win by 30 points each
 That is why i think Cameron has a very good shot but not ironclad
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2023, 04:15:26 PM »

Was closer to the actual result than that Emerson poll, but guess which one people here took more seriously.

Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies