2008 Predications
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:39:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predications
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 2008 Predications  (Read 23878 times)
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2004, 09:41:06 PM »

Very interesting thread.  If Bush wins the 2004 election (which he won't; this is just hypothetical), I think that the Dem. Primary will consist of John Edwards, Howard Dean, mayble a little Bill Richardson action.  The Republican primary will consist of Colin Powell and Jeb Bush (I must agree).  I think, in the end, it will be Edwards vs. Powell.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2004, 09:50:54 PM »

Well, we all seem to agree about the potential frontrunners for the Republican and Democratic nominations.  Now here's something else fun to disucss.  Who might win in possible match-ups?  Obviously, if Hillary runs, she gets the nomination.  So let's assume she's the Democratic candidate.  Who would have the best chance against her?  Here are my predictions:

Bill Frist v. Hillary=Toss-up.
Pataki v. Hillary=Hillary
Condoleezza Rice v. Hillary=Hillary
Jeb Bush v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary
Giuliani v. Hillary=Giuliani
Powell v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary
Bill Owens v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary
Cheney v. Hillary=Hillary
Elizabeth Dole v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary

I know, I know.  In the end, all that we're discussing here doesn't matter.  But what the heck?  It's fun!

WHERE would all these winning electoral votes for Hillary come from??? She would be wiped out in the South, Mountain West and much of the midwest just cause she is seen as too liberal. You would need a VERY conservative republican opponent like Cheney to balance that off. \Otherwise any decent moderate would win against her.

I disagree.  I think that most of the predictions are correct, excluding the guess for Frist v. Hillary and Hillary v. Jeb.  I think Frist and Jeb would win them.  And Bill Owens and Pataki could both get the vote, really.  But the fact is that Republicans in areas like California and Ohio aren't really racist, while those in the south/midwest are incredibly.  Republicans in AR would rather kill themselves than vote for an African-American.  And so that gives Hillary the edge against CondaSleeza and Colin.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2004, 09:55:47 PM »

Well, we all seem to agree about the potential frontrunners for the Republican and Democratic nominations.  Now here's something else fun to disucss.  Who might win in possible match-ups?  Obviously, if Hillary runs, she gets the nomination.  So let's assume she's the Democratic candidate.  Who would have the best chance against her?  Here are my predictions:

Bill Frist v. Hillary=Toss-up.
Pataki v. Hillary=Hillary
Condoleezza Rice v. Hillary=Hillary
Jeb Bush v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary
Giuliani v. Hillary=Giuliani
Powell v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary
Bill Owens v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary
Cheney v. Hillary=Hillary
Elizabeth Dole v. Hillary=Toss-up; leans Hillary

I know, I know.  In the end, all that we're discussing here doesn't matter.  But what the heck?  It's fun!

WHERE would all these winning electoral votes for Hillary come from??? She would be wiped out in the South, Mountain West and much of the midwest just cause she is seen as too liberal. You would need a VERY conservative republican opponent like Cheney to balance that off. \Otherwise any decent moderate would win against her.

I disagree.  I think that most of the predictions are correct, excluding the guess for Frist v. Hillary and Hillary v. Jeb.  I think Frist and Jeb would win them.  And Bill Owens and Pataki could both get the vote, really.  But the fact is that Republicans in areas like California and Ohio aren't really racist, while those in the south/midwest are incredibly.  Republicans in AR would rather kill themselves than vote for an African-American.  And so that gives Hillary the edge against CondaSleeza and Colin.

There's a lot of racism in OH and CA.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2007, 01:55:52 AM »

The GOP is the Party to Vote for in 04, 06, & 08 But if you don't Vote then we lose

Yup, you lost.

Strangely, people's predictions of who would run in 2008 5 years in advance aren't too argument.
M

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »

This is interesting.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2008, 01:23:34 PM »

Obviously, if Hillary runs, she gets the nomination.

Cheesy
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2008, 02:04:52 PM »

As of right now here are the people I consider potential 2008 candidates ....

REPUBLICANS
-----------------
*Jeb Bush
*Bill Frist
*Rick Santorum
*Condeleeza Rice
*Roy Moore
*Tommy Thompson
*George Pataki
*Tom Ridge
*John McCain
*Elizabeth Dole

DEMOCRATS
---------------
*The incumbent (assuming they win in 2004)
*Hillary Clinton
*Al Gore
*John Edwards
*Dennis Kucinich
*Al Sharpton
*Evan Bayh
*Gary Locke
*Tom Vilsack
*Bill Bradley
*Russ Feingold

Assuming that Bush wins reelection and nothing dramatic happens to any of these folks ... I honestly think that most likely we will see the Republicans nominate Jeb Bush or John McCain (I doubt Giuliani or Powell will run) and the Democrats nominate Hillary Clinton or Al Gore.

Hm... That would interesting with a McCain campaign for president.  I dunno...I just don't think he could get past the primary--just like in 2000, whoever his closest rival is (assuming this person is more conservative than is McCain) would overwhelmingly beat him.

Whoops.  In any case, while most of the people Wakie predicted would run on the GOP side in 2008 turned out to be wrong (of course, everyone else was wrong on that score too....as this thread had no mentions of Huckabee or Romney), he was alone in predicting this early that McCain would be one of the top contenders for the nomination, so congratulations to him for that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies