Filing deadlines
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:58:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Filing deadlines
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Filing deadlines  (Read 3310 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2024, 12:03:46 PM »

Montana: Big Senate race likely will be Tester vs Sheehy. Sheehy faces a couple minor challengers in the primary but nothing he should need to worry about.

MT-01 is a rematch of a close 2022 race, Zinke (R) vs Tranel (D). In MT-02 9 Republicans and 4 Democrats are running for this safe Republican seat.

Oregon: All incumbents are running for re-election except Earl Blumenauer (D) OR-03. Lots of candidates from both parties for all the seats.

Next up, Idaho, Iowa, Maine and Nevada on Friday (March 15).
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2024, 09:55:48 PM »

4 states had their filing deadline today.

Nevada: Filing deadline today was for everybody including minor parties and independents. 22 candidates in total filed for Senate with Jackie Rosen facing 3 some dudes for the Democrats, 13 Republicans, a Libertarian, a American Independent party member and 4? Independents.

As for the House, all incumbents filed. There is no Democrat in NV-02 but there are minor party and independent candidates.

Iowa: All incumbents filed. It appears the Libertarians are not running anyone anywhere so that's good news for Republicans.

Idaho: Incumbents are running. Both seats are contested but likely uncompetitive.

Maine: Senate- I don't believe Independents (King) have to file yet. There is a Democrat and a Republican filed. Remember RCV so the Dem should not be a spoiler for King.

House. Incumbents are running in both districts and so are Republican challengers.

Next up Colorado Next Tuesday (March 19.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2024, 11:51:11 AM »

Colorado signature filing deadline was Tuesday but candidates can also get ballot access by receiving enough support at the party assembly (30% ?) so I'm not going to try and post a final list yet. I will say Lauren Bobert did file enough signatures and will be on the ballot for the regular CO-04 primary.

Next up New Jersey next Monday (March 25).
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2024, 09:30:00 PM »

NJ's candidate petition filing deadline for partisan primaries is next Monday March 25th, but the petition filing deadline for independents in the general is Primary Day itself, Tuesday June 4th. Not that that's been made relevant or anything by something like the incumbent Senator standing trial on charges of bribery & corruption for ~4-6 weeks starting May 6th.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2024, 10:23:38 PM »

NJ's candidate petition filing deadline for partisan primaries is next Monday March 25th, but the petition filing deadline for independents in the general is Primary Day itself, Tuesday June 4th. Not that that's been made relevant or anything by something like the incumbent Senator standing trial on charges of bribery & corruption for ~4-6 weeks starting May 6th.

Thanks for pointing that out.

For the record I am only posting major party deadlines here. If you care about minor parties or independents check out Ballotpedia or The Green Papers they are far more thorough than I am.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2024, 10:30:53 PM »

New Jersey: Filing closed today. The big news of course in the Senate race was who didn't file, Incumbent Robert Menendez and one time Democratic frontrunner NJ First Lady Tammy Murphy. Menendez may still run as an Independent. In all 3 Democrats and 5 Republicans filed for the open seat.

In the House all incumbents except Andy Kim (running for Senate) filed for re-election and all races are contested.

Next up Missouri and South Dakota tomorrow (March 26).

Compuzled_One
Rookie
United States
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2024, 10:08:19 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dusty Johnson seems to be unopposed in the general. His only fear seems to be a primary challenge, but I doubt that'll happen.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2024, 11:13:45 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2024, 11:28:03 PM by Minnesota Mike »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dusty Johnson seems to be unopposed in the general. His only fear seems to be a primary challenge, but I doubt that'll happen.

According to the South Dakota SOS website Johnson is the only one who filed for the SD-AL seat. Sometimes it takes a day or two for all the paperwork to be processed but as of right now it appears he is uncontested. There is a Democrat and another Republican who registered campaign committees  for the race but that does not mean they followed through.

https://vip.sdsos.gov/candidatelist.aspx?eid=651
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2024, 11:24:30 PM »

Missouri: All seats in the Senate and House are contested by both parties. All incumbents are running except Blaine Luetkemeyer in MO-03 who had announced his retirement.

https://s1.sos.mo.gov/candidatesonweb/DisplayCandidatesPlacement.aspx?ElectionCode=750006341

Next up Arizona and South Carolina next Monday (4-1).
Compuzled_One
Rookie
United States
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2024, 11:46:48 PM »

According to the South Dakota SOS website Johnson is the only one who filed for the SD-AL seat. Sometimes it takes a day or two for all the paperwork to be processed but as of right now it appears he is uncontested. There is a Democrat and another Republican who registered campaign committees  for the race but that does not mean they followed through.

https://vip.sdsos.gov/candidatelist.aspx?eid=651
Oh, whoops, thought the State Senator next to him filed. Although, on wikipedia, it says the Democrats had two candidates run. I assume their they either didn't file right or haven't got it processed like you said.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2024, 07:35:50 PM »

A few days behind on this. Arizona and South Carolina filing closed Monday April 1.

Arizona: Open senate race with Sinema not running. For Dems Gallego is unopposed. Three Republicans filed led by Kari Lake.

In the House all incumbents are running except Debbie Lesko (AZ-08) who is retiring and Ruben Gallego (AZ-03) who is running for Senate. Both major parties have candidates in all the districts.

South Carolina: All incumbents are running except Jeff Duncan (SC-03). Both parties have candidates for all seats.

Next up

New York- April 4 (today)
Tennessee- April 4
Virginia- April 4
Oklahoma- April 5

I will probably give these states a few days to finalize things before updating.

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2024, 07:45:52 PM »

Surprisingly in SC-03, neither perennial candidate Hosea Cleveland (a black businessman from Anderson) nor 2018 nominee Mary Geren (A teacher) are running for Dems, with 2 completely new people running. I expected Cleveland to run again, honestly. Instead, we have a paint store manager and a teacher.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2024, 06:51:28 PM »

First a little housekeeping, in South Dakota Democrats apparently do have a candidate for the AL House seat. She filed after what I thought the filing deadline was had passed but she is on the state filing website so I will assume she is a valid candidate unless I see something otherwise.

This is probably a good time to remind everyone this is a very unofficial list for congressional races. Sometimes candidates get added or subtracted for whatever reason.

Next up New York & Virginia. Filing closed last Thursday in both but I have not seen a full candidate list so I'm holding off posting anything until I do.

States who's filing deadline passed and have listed Candidates.

Tennessee: All incumbents are running and all seats are being contested by the major parties.

Oklahoma: All Incumbents are running. No Democrat filed in OK-03.

North Dakota: Kevin Cramer is running for re-election to the Senate, he has a Democratic opponent. ND-AL is an open seat and is being contested by both parties. 2022 Ind candidate (defacto Democrat) Cara Mund is running as a Republican against 4 other Republicans in the primary.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies