Campaign Office of FairBol/Dennis Millhouse (I-IN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:31:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Office of FairBol/Dennis Millhouse (I-IN)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campaign Office of FairBol/Dennis Millhouse (I-IN)  (Read 345 times)
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2023, 11:54:25 PM »

This is where the platform, policy statements, and all-around news about my campaign for At-Large Senate can be found.  

Welcome.  
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 12:18:51 AM »

Policy Statements on Recent Issues

• National Stadium Proposal: The federal government shouldn't be spending a billion dollars on a stadium construction project.  If private companies want to finance this, let them - but this is a waste of taxpayer money.

• New Capital District: I don't see where this is needed.

• "Big Dig:" I appreciate the push to modernize rail lines in Lincoln.  However, the requested appropriation is too much to spend.  Money doesn't grow on trees, nor is it infinitely dispersible by the federal government.

• Religious Liberty: Everyone should be able to peacefully worship or not worship as they choose, without interference from government.  That goes for Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Atheists/Agnostics, and those who believe in "the almighty green lizard that lives under the sea".

• Sanctions on Uganda: Although we may issue a statement of disapproval, we have no right to interfere with the lawful administration of another sovereign nation.

• Ending Restrictions on Tobacco/Tobacco Products: I am strongly against this proposal.  Tobacco is one of the most harmful legal substances in existence (as is its by-product of nicotine), its usage harming both the smoker and the casual bystander.  It must not be allowed to re-enter the conversation/public psyche. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 01:28:04 PM »

Hey all,

I've been working on a little something that I hope to propose as a member of the Atlasian Senate.  Here's the text of my "Enhancing Fair Housing Protections" bill. 

A BILL

Providing certain added protections against discrimination in real estate.

I. SHORT TITLE

This Act may be cited as the "Enhancing Fair Housing Protections Act (EHPA)".

II. IN GENERAL

42 Code § 3604 (otherwise known as the Fair Housing Act), is amended as follows:

(a) In Section 804, add the words “political affiliation” to Clauses A-E, respectively;

(b) In Section 805, add the words “political affiliation” to Clause A and Clause C, respectively; and

(c) In Section 806, add the words “political affiliation”.

III. EFFECTIVE DATE

This Act shall go into effect upon lawful passage.

If this is something you support, please consider casting a vote for me for Senate.  Thanks much!
FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 11:33:17 PM »

Hmm.

It appears I do not have the support necessary to pull out a victory.  Therefore, I concede defeat in the Atlasian Senate race, and congratulate the winners on jobs well done in their elections. 

There will be other times.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the votes....THIS time. 

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 01:33:55 AM »

Hey all,

I've been working on a little something that I hope to propose as a member of the Atlasian Senate.  Here's the text of my "Enhancing Fair Housing Protections" bill.  

A BILL

I. SHORT TITLE

II. IN GENERAL

42 Code § 3604 (otherwise known as the Fair Housing Act), is amended as follows:

(a) In Section 804, add the words “political affiliation” to Clauses A-E, respectively;

(b) In Section 805, add the words “political affiliation” to Clause A and Clause C, respectively; and

III. EFFECTIVE DATE

If this is something you support, please consider casting a vote for me for Senate.  Thanks much!

I'll sponsor this in the senate, if you are okay with that (it'll be on your behalf/name).
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 01:40:51 AM »

Hey all,

I've been working on a little something that I hope to propose as a member of the Atlasian Senate.  Here's the text of my "Enhancing Fair Housing Protections" bill. 

A BILL

I. SHORT TITLE

II. IN GENERAL

III. EFFECTIVE DATE

If this is something you support, please consider casting a vote for me for Senate.  Thanks much!

I'll sponsor this in the senate, if you are okay with that (it'll be on your behalf/name).

Works for me....thanks! Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 03:11:11 PM »

Looks like we're back in business on the LGC.  Thanks to all who voted for me. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies