Extradition Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:57:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Extradition Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Extradition Bill  (Read 3970 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 11:39:20 PM »

I suppose that might not be the best examples since many conservatives would like the same penalty for homosexuality as in Iran.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 12:17:57 AM »

How is it flip flopping to support other countries laws even if you don't believe in them? And I wouldn't be the one talking about flip flopping.

Because he told me in a PM that he supported the goals of this bill and then voted against it.  I wasn't referring to anything on a broader scale.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 04:57:10 AM »

Actually, under the Senate rules, Lewis' vote counts, but his successor can change it.

Yes, IIRC, I actually wrote that rule.

Anyway, I think I made an error here as the current vote of 4-5 doesn't mean the bill is failing, yet.

The declaration that 24 hours remain is therefore rescinded.

Voting will continue until the remaining Senator votes or the maximum voting period expires.

Interestingly, the text you wrote doesn't define who my successor is, nor was the issue addressed in the Senate debate on it:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=49078.30
It's easy enough in this case, but what when there's two new open seats and two contests between sitting district electors?

Fair point. The intention when I wrote it was simply that as each Senator has a designation (either by region or district) following a line of succession (at least in an official/legalistic sense) should be reasonably simple.

I'd accept though that significant anomolies can arise.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 01:22:58 PM »

How is it flip flopping to support other countries laws even if you don't believe in them? And I wouldn't be the one talking about flip flopping.

Because he told me in a PM that he supported the goals of this bill and then voted against it.  I wasn't referring to anything on a broader scale.

I don't believe that's exactly what I said and if it came out that way I've never been one to have not lack flawed language.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 01:26:32 PM »

I don't believe that's exactly what I said and if it came out that way I've never been one to have not lack flawed language.

No kidding. Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »

No kidding. Wink

That was actaully intentional though Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »

The bill has failed, time to get a new one in there (sorry if I sound nasty but I really want my bills to come up and there is only one more before it)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »

With 4 ayes and 6 nays, the bill has failed.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies