Favorite Cuisine

(1/7) > >>

Ban my account ffs!:
I realize this is a large poll, but I feel there are probably people out there that have tastes beyond the typical (with a really nasally American accent) "Chicken Italiano" or "Mehican".

Choose your favorites and what makes them so good.

Personally, I could find something good from every choice, but I'd probably go with German, Mexican, and Chinese.  German food is very comforting and very "meat and potatoes" which is really good for me, since I love meat and cheese, two things Germans can do wonders with.

Authentic Mexican food is delicious and barring a bottle of tums and an uncomfortable visit to the John, the spicy, cheesy (though this is more American-Mexican) and various burritos/enchiladas/tacos, etc. can really be an every day food for me.

Also, I love Chinese food.  Chinese food is exceptionally diverse, and I'd have to say I enjoy most the dishes that we can get at our local Chinese restaurant (the family that owns it closes up for about 2 weeks each summer as they visit their family in China)... which tends to me more of the Americanized stuff, but it's still delicious.  Chinese food really appeals to all of the senses and no meal is more satisfying than one that you can eat with your eyes and nose first.

"Honourable" mention:  English cuisine.  I think it's definitely underrated.  Lamb shanks with mint sauce, cheesy mashed potatoes, and cheesy cauliflower is one of the best meals I've ever had.  And realizing that it was 80*F and we sat outside as the sun set at a country pub was not typical for England, it definitely upped the experience in my book.  English breakfasts and traditional Sunday dinners are also very delicious.  (The family I stayed with had to go for all the 'typical' stuff.) 

I also love French and Italian cuisine.. but I think that goes without saying.

Colin:
Italian, German and Mexican

My personal favourite would be Mexican, though I have not been able to find a good authentic Mexican restaurant in Pittsburgh I still can remember a great Mexican place I used to go to in Chicago. Enchiladas, tacos, fajitas, burritos, chimichangas, all around excellent too.

Italian is another personal favourite if its done well. Italian though is a wide catagory but I seem to like everything from the, nearly German, Milanese and Northern Italian cooking to the traditional pasta and parmagiana of Southern Italy.

German, I have to agree with you its great comfort food. Dumplings, veal, sausages, and my personal favourite spatzle are all great foods for a good, warm, filling meal though I wouldn't recommend having it outside of places like Wisconsin or Minnesota most of my experiences with German food outside of those heavily German areas aren't very good. Of course the Swiss, well the Schweizerdeutsch, make German food even better than the Germans, in my opinion.

Honorable Mention: Argentinian, well Argentina as a whole. This country probably has the best food of anywhere that I have travelled to. Their national cuisine is good and hearty, steak, potatos, empanadas, and the like, is very good and easily up there with the other three that I picked. But it seems that they really took food seriously and made sure that it was done well. I would put two meals that I had in Argentina easily at the top of my top 10 list of best places I have ever eaten, including one of the best Italian restaurants I've eaten in as well. So Argentina gets a definite thumbs up for both cuisine and overall culinary experience.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC:
Italian, Chineese (don't know what kind), and Mexican - but I love all foods - and eat anything but shelfish (allergic).

minionofmidas:
Where the  is Indian in this poll?

opebo:
Quote from: Lewis Trondheim on April 29, 2007, 04:27:11 AM

Where the  is Indian in this poll?

Yeah, I can't vote either due to this ommision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page