Mixed race "relationships"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:23:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Mixed race "relationships"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Can it work?
Yes.

Mostly.

Rarely.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Mixed race "relationships"  (Read 13692 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2007, 04:44:47 PM »

Being of mixed race myself with a stable and loving family -yes, obviously.  Roll Eyes
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »

Wow... you know, I was re-reading this thread from my old posts, and suddenly discovered its sudden revival.

Perhaps Richius will be coming back for more scathing debate? Its kind of interesting how this united people of every ideological stripe against him - I'm not sure if States' Rights and Straha have agreed on anything before or since...

to reiterate: once cultural issues are resolved, interracial relationships can and do work and are to be encouraged. Heck, I wonder how Richius would feel about marrying a space alien or an AI? Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2007, 06:30:20 PM »

LOL

This thread is almost as great as Mike Naso's thread on inter-racial relationships.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2007, 07:02:08 PM »

LOL

This thread is almost as great as Mike Naso's thread on inter-racial relationships.
Link?

(LOL at Richard. What is it with Ontario Republicans and hackishness?)
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »

He's a canadian.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2007, 09:22:15 PM »

Actually, he's a white South African in Canada.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2007, 08:48:46 AM »

Did anybody else notice that this thread was created on Hitler's birthday?

I really don't think there's anything else left to say here that hasn't already been said.  Richius came back as he sporadically does, spouted some vile, racist spiel and failed miserably to justify his views, and then vanished again.  He'll back again in a few months and the process will repeat.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »

Does have have canadian citizenship?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2007, 10:18:53 AM »

This guy who started this thread is a terrorist.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »

Did anybody else notice that this thread was created on Hitler's birthday?

Yes.

I hope, Richius, that you are aware of this and are just being a jerk (perhaps subconsiously celebrating Hitler's birthday today).
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »

LOL

Link?

I don't know where I'd find it, but it was basically just Mike Naso attempting to convince people that interracial relationships aren't good.  His biggest argument was "I DON'T WANT MY KIDS TO GROW UP AND SEE THIS KIND OF sh**t".
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2007, 05:17:49 PM »

LOL

Link?

I don't know where I'd find it, but it was basically just Mike Naso attempting to convince people that interracial relationships aren't good.  His biggest argument was "I DON'T WANT MY KIDS TO GROW UP AND SEE THIS KIND OF sh**t".
LOL. He should move to an all-white town in Oklahoma. Guess he's just one of those people who frowns on racial diversity/intergration.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »

Is this too much of a focus to remain pure?

possibly.  I find that Koreans, especially, at to some extent Germanic peoples, frown on intermarriage.  You're apparently Afrikaaner, and my impression is that they're a special case.  Almost as insular and ethnocentric as Koreans but no more so, and for the same reasons as, the English in North America circa 1650.  It's all about security, when you're invading and colonizing, the promotion of fear and loathing of the local inhabitants can be a good short-term strategy for security.  In the long term, however, it has social, moral, and economic consequences that outweigh any perceived short-term advantages.  Also, if you're in Ontario, the onus of promoting racial purity is gone.  The English did a pretty good job killing off the natives with disease and weapons, so there's no reason for you to keep that same insular attitude that Sudafrikaners might have found helpful in South Africa.  And even the "Je me soviens" crowd--which pits francophones against anglophones and is something else entirely, and shouldn't be confused with Anglo racism against the Red Man or Afrikaaner racism against the Black Man--has gotten over itself and largely lives peacefully in a peaceful and prosperous land.  So, yes, it's quite possibly too much focus to remain pure, and ultimately will end up causing you more problems than it will solve, especially if you intend to make your home in North America.  Just live and let live.  Find yourself a nice blonde, tall, pasty-skinned Aryan for a partner if that's what you're into, but don't hold your nose every time you see a mixed race couple.  Life's too short for that sort of intolerance.  Let it go, and you'll live longer and you'll be happier.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2007, 05:54:40 PM »

He probably owns Hitler's Benz. Tongue
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »

Yes, they can work

Dave
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »

I miss Richius.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2007, 06:51:49 PM »

Interestingly enough, even you disagreed with him in this thread... irony, his only real defense came from opebo, who asserted that all marriages are a bad idea Tongue.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2007, 08:21:56 PM »

Interestingly enough, even you disagreed with him in this thread... irony, his only real defense came from opebo, who asserted that all marriages are a bad idea Tongue.

I'm just not seeing any irony in the fact that a classist, racist, wealthy, spoiled, anti-marriage, Victorian whoremonger comes to the defense of a sudafrikaaner on the subject of intermarriage and its implied subtext:  the creation of mongrels. 
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2007, 05:39:39 AM »

I'm just not seeing any irony in the fact that a classist, racist, wealthy, spoiled, anti-marriage, Victorian whoremonger comes to the defense of a sudafrikaaner on the subject of intermarriage and its implied subtext:  the creation of mongrels. 

Well said. Evil minds think alike.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »

It shouldn't even be an issue, unless you're a bigot asshole.  Unfortunately our country was founded by those. Sad
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2007, 09:27:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCn-QAw_nmU
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2007, 10:26:25 PM »

So, Richard.. since you seem to be so pure.. what are you?  100% English?  100% Norwegian?  100% Irish?  100% Italian?  100% what?  Surely you couldn't be 100% of any of those, since they've all interbred and mixed over the last several thousand years.  The language which you  speak yourself is a great example of debauched and bastardized German which has been perverted by the likes of the French, Celts, Norse, and Arabs.  Surely along with these adopted foreign words came a little alien blood into the picture. 

Two words for you:

Hypocritical reactionary.

I said race, not nationality.

What's the difference.  The definition of "race" often has less to do with self-identification and more to do with what one is not, or what one fears.  People once refered to the "English Race" or the "Irish Race".  As time went on and it became less fashionable to regard other Europeans as "inferior" the definition of "race" became "white", "black" etc.  This isn't just a European thing.  The Japanese still consider themselves a special race, where as we would just call them "Asian".

"Race" is an artificial construct.  What we would now call "ethinicity" on the other hand is not as it tends to carry with it certain cultural identifications.

I am proud of my heritage too, but that doesn't mean I have to hate on other people's.  And if I marry a girl who is not German or Irish, then I would hope my kids would be just as proud of their mother's heritage.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2007, 10:28:37 PM »

BTW... my friends and I constantly rip on eachothers ethnicities.  It doesn't mean I feel any supiriority to them.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2007, 10:29:42 PM »

BTW... my friends and I constantly rip on eachothers ethnicities.  It doesn't mean I feel any supiriority to them.

lol. Anyone who dates a Japanese Asian, is a freedom fighter
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2007, 10:34:55 PM »

lol. Anyone who dates a Japanese Asian, is a freedom fighter

What?  I never said I dated a Japanese Asian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies