Mixed race "relationships"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:01:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Mixed race "relationships"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Can it work?
Yes.

Mostly.

Rarely.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Mixed race "relationships"  (Read 13684 times)
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »

So, Richard.. since you seem to be so pure.. what are you?  100% English?  100% Norwegian?  100% Irish?  100% Italian?  100% what?  Surely you couldn't be 100% of any of those, since they've all interbred and mixed over the last several thousand years.  The language which you  speak yourself is a great example of debauched and bastardized German which has been perverted by the likes of the French, Celts, Norse, and Arabs.  Surely along with these adopted foreign words came a little alien blood into the picture. 

Two words for you:

Hypocritical reactionary.

I said race, not nationality.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »

So, Richard.. since you seem to be so pure.. what are you?  100% English?  100% Norwegian?  100% Irish?  100% Italian?  100% what?  Surely you couldn't be 100% of any of those, since they've all interbred and mixed over the last several thousand years.  The language which you  speak yourself is a great example of debauched and bastardized German which has been perverted by the likes of the French, Celts, Norse, and Arabs.  Surely along with these adopted foreign words came a little alien blood into the picture. 

Two words for you:

Hypocritical reactionary.

I said race, not nationality.

Which can be the same thing, Adolf... I mean Richard.

DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 09:37:05 PM »

I do not like mixed relationships.  I do not believe it can work.  I don't mind having a good time with someone of a different race, but there is and will never be any relationship.  It is wrong.  Kind after their own kind.  I'm quite proud of my heritage that is free from any mongrol relationships and bastard children and will keep it that way.

Is this too much of a focus to remain pure?

Uh, Richius.... I've been away from here for awhile, and the second thing I see when I pop up (after seeing jfern is his usual asshole self), is you being a racist . I mean, come on, what in God's name does the color of one's skin or the slant of one's eyes have anything to do with a person's personality?

Certainly, you could point out how inter-cultural or even inter-religious relations might be difficult or not work (due to differing moral values, different customs, incompatibility, etc), and often people of different skin colors in the same geographic area will have distinct cultures. However, you act like a klansman or a nazi and decide to talk about 'mongrel children' - note that you used the wrong words to describe the subject (a bastard child is, by definition, the child of a relationship out of wedlock, and I don't think 'mongrel relationship' fits as a concept). On a strictly scientific plane, mixed-race children should be, on average, as well off if not better off than your average mono-racial individual (for one thing, they'd be less vulnerable to recessive genetic disorders that often run in ethnic groups). And 'mixing' races will discourage racial identity in favor of national and/or individual identity - any of which is preferable, in my opinion, to racial identity. I, personally, believe that mixed-race relationships, as long as cultural issues can be resolved, are to be encouraged.

I hope, Richius, that you are aware of this and are just being a jerk (perhaps subconsiously celebrating Hitler's birthday today).
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 09:38:22 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2007, 09:41:31 PM by nclib »

Option 1, though of course interracial relationships may fail, just like same-race relationships may also fail.

Anyhow, interracial relationships are no less natural than same-race relationships.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

Option 1, though of course interracial relationships may fail, just like same-race relationships may also fail.

Anyhow, interracial relationships are no less natural than same-race relationships.

I completely agree.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 09:56:48 PM »

Uh, Richius.... I've been away from here for awhile, and the second thing I see when I pop up (after seeing jfern is his usual asshole self), is you being a racist . I mean, come on, what in God's name does the color of one's skin or the slant of one's eyes have anything to do with a person's personality?
You're making an assumption that personality is the only factor.  It isn't.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 09:57:56 PM »

Yes.. hmm.. we can all look to South Africa for inspiration for improving race relations!  They've been de-segregated for what now... 12 years?

Richard thinks that the end of Apartheid was A Bad Thing...
Can you seriously look a South African, white or black, in the eye today and tell them they are doing better with all today's problems than yesterday with apartheid that showed very little of what we have today?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 09:58:24 PM »

Richard,

What you fail to realize is probably 80% of every human on this planet is of "mixed race" and in the USA I'd imagine it's way way to hard to put a number, though very high.
How so?

Considering how many American pioneers mixed with Native Americans.
How many did?  Do you have some statistics?  If they did, well, that is disgusting.

Can != is.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 10:25:46 PM »

Richard,

What you fail to realize is probably 80% of every human on this planet is of "mixed race" and in the USA I'd imagine it's way way to hard to put a number, though very high.
How so?

How many did?  Do you have some statistics?  If they did, well, that is disgusting.

Can != is.

Well, the arguement States is making is factually correct... Many pioneers had sex with, or married, or just plain raped Native American women... You can't keep precise records because backgrounds and circumstances are impossible to track. As States said... It happened.

And yes can can equal is... Such as Native American or even the other term, Indian can be considered either a nationality or an ethnicity. Jews also have that...

The point we're trying to make to you is... Oh screw the point, you're not gonna change anyway... What we're telling you is that your notions and bass-ackwards beliefs are full of horse sh**t.

What we'd like Adolf, is for you to keep your rascist message to yourself... None of us want to hear you spew your filth... You may have the right to believe what you do, but don't bring it around us.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »

You're making an assumption that personality is the only factor.  It isn't.

Then what? Why is someone's 'race' an issue at all? 

Richard,

How so?

A large number of 'white' families who have been in the United States for more than 100-150 years have a tiny sliver of American Indian descent (example: a not insignificant number of Americans - including first lady Edith Wilson and aviator Richard Byrd -  trace their descent to Thomas Rolfe, the son of John Rolfe and Pocahontas). White-black mixing also occurred, indeed 100 years ago, the most popular prostitutes in New Orleans were octoroon's (1/8th black 7/8ths white).

There is even more white and American Indian blood amongst blacks in the United States - that's why they have lighter skin then most Africans.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 11:12:45 PM »

This is so stupid. Genetic variety is extremely healthy for offspring. You don't want to keep you genes in the same pool forever. You end up with a bunch of inherited diseases popping up over and over. I'm not trying to be a eugenicist or anything, but one of the greatest attributes of the US is the mixing of genetics that is less common elsewhere. Obviously, Richard is just being a troll and trying to get a reaction from everybody.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 11:23:21 PM »

I say we just keep f'ing until we all look the same.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 11:24:04 PM »

This is so stupid. Genetic variety is extremely healthy for offspring. You don't want to keep you genes in the same pool forever. You end up with a bunch of inherited diseases popping up over and over. I'm not trying to be a eugenicist or anything, but one of the greatest attributes of the US is the mixing of genetics that is less common elsewhere. Obviously, Richard is just being a troll and trying to get a reaction from everybody.

No, he really believes this. Take this into note though: He's a white South African exile.

Of course, that rather interestingly almost certainly makes him of mixed-race too since mixing between early Afrikaaner settlers and Bantus was so common there is virtually no "pure" whites remaining in South Africa (I think it's estimated that 8% of Afrikaaner ancestry is black)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 11:25:03 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »

Of course it can work - I don't see a rational reason why it would be impossible for it work out. There are reasons it might not work, but such reasons exist for pretty much any couple.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2007, 12:16:45 AM »

I say Colorado City, AZ is the model for racial purity.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 03:32:31 AM »

Though I have to say that is a little scary as an idea... Tongue It just sounds morphed. Cheesy
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2007, 10:16:27 AM »

Yes it can work. I have a latin did and a white mom and unlike many 'pure' relationships around here they don't have much in the way of problems. Also Richard is a racist loon.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2007, 10:29:21 AM »

Its prick like Richard that got the chinese exclusion acts passed in the 19th century which made us be onyl 6% asian and not 30+%(As you can tell I've got a thing for Asians).
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2007, 12:01:37 PM »

This is so stupid. Genetic variety is extremely healthy for offspring.

Actually inbreeding improves intelligence in populations.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2007, 12:04:07 PM »

No it doesn't. It increases risks of genetic disorders plus reduces immunity to new diseases/strains of diseases. That's why I'd got no problem with Dixie inbreeding since it means thati f we get a big flu epidemic...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »

No.  Relationships are tiresome.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »

I think it can.  As for me personally- only some Latinas or Middle Eastern women would work though I wouldn't mind if my kid dated a black person.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

Hmp. Leave it to opebo to agree with Richius, but for completely different reasons. I can see that people do tend to stay the same... Tongue
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2007, 12:14:08 PM »

Even pursuing one can be too.  NSA on Craig's List anyone?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies