Norway local elections, 11 September 2023 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:19:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Norway local elections, 11 September 2023 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Norway local elections, 11 September 2023  (Read 1293 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« on: September 11, 2023, 02:18:51 PM »

RIP Ap's first place position: 1927 - 2023. Almost made it 100 years, though polling since 2022 suggesting it would happen and not by a small margin.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 08:26:41 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2023, 08:34:56 PM by Oryxslayer »

In the end the Conservatives outperformed the exits, but not to the extent of their present national election polling. Ap and Centre (Sp) outperformed in comparison to said polling. Not that unsurprising since the two control many rural areas where connections and grassroots loyalty are harder to break in local contests.

Compared to the national election polling, the main Conservative party was the big underperformer. The radical left SV and R though also notably underperformed Compared to their smaller polling percentages.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 08:40:16 AM »

The Norwegian governments is generally doing very poorly in the polls at the moment, the Labour Party in particular.

Any reason for that??

I have generally been confused by that for a while,  but the main response I got last time I asked was just the invasion of Ukraine.  That resulted in energy price hikes, which is when the Conservatives started surging in the polls. It seems too simple,  but I guess said prices matter even more than usual in a country where heating is necessary almost year-round.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies