Georgia judge yanks girl from home because would be adoptive mother is a lesbian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:36:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Georgia judge yanks girl from home because would be adoptive mother is a lesbian
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Georgia judge yanks girl from home because would be adoptive mother is a lesbian  (Read 3400 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:12:47 AM »

Just sickening....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.sovo.com/thelatest/thelatest.cfm?blog_id=12344
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »

Well, it's about time.  After such a long exposure, she was in serious danger of catching the gay.  How irresponsible to place her in such a sinister home.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:31:57 AM »

Yet another activist conservative judge.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:12:37 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2007, 08:31:27 AM by Ship, the Magic Suffix »

The judge may be a conservative activist, but this ruling is only possible because of liberal family laws that allow judges to play with families like this. That one conservative judge managed to find a loophole in them to support his causes doesn't take from the fact that these laws were written to keep the feminazis happy.
Liberals create anti-family, pro-state legislation, and then start to cry when conservatives exploit them for their own causes, but they never have any problem when liberal judges abuse them to deny father rights to males. Stop crying you whiny, immature crybaby.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 08:37:43 AM »

Why am I not surprised - not only do we have to have a crappy gay marriage ban in our constitution, but some idiot judge has to interpret it in some twisted way to suit his own views.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »

I know you are going for some kind of debate tactic here, but that's the kind of excessively personal comment that makes discussion around here unpleasant.  Whenever someone's disagreeing with someone else, they're "whiny, immature crybabies."  Roll eyes.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 10:38:50 AM »

Funny how you never criticize liberal judges
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 10:45:57 AM »

I know you are going for some kind of debate tactic here, but that's the kind of excessively personal comment that makes discussion around here unpleasant.  Whenever someone's disagreeing with someone else, they're "whiny, immature crybabies."  Roll eyes.

You know I never do this to people who are interested in a rational, pleasant atmosphere of debate. But jfern isn't, so I'm just treating him the way he treats everyone else.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »

You know I never do this to people who are interested in a rational, pleasant atmosphere of debate. But jfern isn't, so I'm just treating him the way he treats everyone else.

But you're doing it while attacking an opinion that is not just his.  You're not attacking him; you're attacking him for having an idea that is not just his.  This contributes to a bad atmosphere, in my humble and justly-ignored opinion.

But I suppose this really is pointless to whine about.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »

But you're doing it while attacking an opinion that is not just his.  You're not attacking him; you're attacking him for having an idea that is not just his.  This contributes to a bad atmosphere, in my humble and justly-ignored opinion.

But I suppose this really is pointless to whine about.

Actually, I think the judge in cause was pretty stupid. But how does jfern know he was a conserative? For all we know, he could be a populist.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 11:43:53 AM »

Ugh. Hicks. More proof why we should have let them keep slavery andj im crow down there in return for having a Puerto Rico type status(autonomy but no votes) if not kicking them out.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 01:46:51 PM »

What a stupid ruling... A truly stupid move...

Someone, I think it was Straha, mentioned Jim Crow... Well, they replaced Jim Crow laws with laws against gay marraige, and gay adoption...

A truly stupid judge.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »

Someone, I think it was Straha, mentioned Jim Crow... Well, they replaced Jim Crow laws with laws against gay marraige, and gay adoption...

A truly stupid judge.

I think the reasoning is similar, and the arguments can be classified as similar, especially against interracial marriage and gay marriage, but...

Gays have never went through the type of stuff that blacks had to go through.. i have never seen gays being segregated, enslaved, being denied the right to vote, etc.

That's true, but I'm sure you understood my meaning...
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 01:59:16 PM »

A truly stupid judge.

I think the reasoning is similar, and the arguments can be classified as similar, especially against interracial marriage and gay marriage, but...

Gays have never went through the type of stuff that blacks had to go through.. i have never seen gays being segregated, enslaved, being denied the right to vote, etc.

That's true, but I'm sure you understood my meaning...

I believe you meant that judges and activists use the same tactics, for allowing discrimination against different groups?

Correct... In effect, as I see it, the gays are being treated as this era's second class citizens. I certainly don't pretend that had it as tough as blacks during segregation, but under the law, they're still being treated as second class citizens...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 02:45:01 PM »

The judge may be a conservative activist, but this ruling is only possible because of liberal family laws that allow judges to play with families like this. That one conservative judge managed to find a loophole in them to support his causes doesn't take from the fact that these laws were written to keep the feminazis happy.
Liberals create anti-family, pro-state legislation, and then start to cry when conservatives exploit them for their own causes, but they never have any problem when liberal judges abuse them to deny father rights to males. Stop crying you whiny, immature crybaby.

OK, you're just an idiot.

Again, you're just an idiot.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 03:29:43 PM »

By resorting to blatant ad hominem attacks, as opposed to logically debating his argument, aren't you just proving him right about you?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 07:04:39 PM »

Bad, gay people should be allowed to adopt and raise kids.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »

A truly stupid judge.
I'd be willing to let them keep an insane social policy in Dixie in return for them having no say on what goes on up north.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 11:21:23 PM »

By resorting to blatant ad hominem attacks, as opposed to logically debating his argument, aren't you just proving him right about you?

There's nothing worth responding to in his post.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 11:23:26 PM »

Can you refrain from trolling? Seriously you make me look like Alcon or Al...
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 11:59:45 PM »

There's nothing worth responding to in his post.

In other words, you either can't refute it or you just don't feel like it, so you resort to insults. You're one high class debater.

Oh, and by the way, if there's nothing worth responding to in that post, why did you respond to it at all?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 12:16:38 AM »

My god, this forum has a lot of stupid trolls that follow me around.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 01:27:41 AM »

God, this is sick. So, in essence they're taking the child away from a stable lesbian and sending her back to her natural unstable lesbian mother. I'm moving the hell out of here.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 01:39:08 AM »

God, this is sick. So, in essence they're taking the child away from a stable lesbian and sending her back to her natural unstable lesbian mother. I'm moving the hell out of here.
Good call.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 01:57:25 AM »

Well, at the very least that is southern Georgia, where places like Toombs County High School had seperate proms for whites, blacks, and hispanics. You never really hear a lot about stupid crap like this happening in the northern parts, thank god.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies