HunterJoe Biden Megascandal Megathread: HunterJoe Convicted on 3 counts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 05:48:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HunterJoe Biden Megascandal Megathread: HunterJoe Convicted on 3 counts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: HunterJoe Biden Megascandal Megathread: HunterJoe Convicted on 3 counts  (Read 12484 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2024, 08:50:03 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2024, 09:00:00 PM »

I mean, the Judge is a hack Trump appointee.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2024, 09:13:07 PM »

Yeah, there was no universe in which Scarsi was gonna be sympathetic to selective & vindictive prosecution, even ignoring the very high bar to meet proving them & that judges are always skeptical of them, but appeal may be interesting based on the coverage of him coming across at last week's hearing as unfamiliar with chunks of the actual public record in this case, & if this ever does ultimately end up making its way to actually being tried in front of a jury, then god help Weiss if he seriously thinks that Lowell & the jury won't be best friends by the trial's end.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2024, 07:04:17 AM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2024, 08:08:10 AM »

But Presidential Immunity!?!?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2024, 05:59:34 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2024, 06:10:33 PM by brucejoel99 »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2024, 06:27:03 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2024, 06:29:01 PM »

According to her wikipedia page she is a registered Democrat.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2024, 10:58:13 AM »

Consider the Judges in all of Trump's cases.  Please tell me they're not hacks (save the Florida Judge).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2024, 11:46:19 AM »

Consider the Judges in all of Trump's cases.  Please tell me they're not hacks (save the Florida Judge).

The only one who is a hack is Cannon and she's not just a hack, she's an astoundingly incompetent jurist.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2024, 11:48:50 AM »

The only one who is a hack is Cannon and she's not just a hack, she's an astoundingly incompetent jurist.

If you think the NY Judges aren't pathetic partisan hacks, then you have absolutely no idea how Judges in NY are picked.  As a former Democratic committeeman who regularly collected petitions for delegates to Judicial conventions, I can assure you that no non-party hack makes it through that process.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2024, 11:51:34 AM »

If you think the NY Judges aren't pathetic partisan hacks, then you have absolutely no idea how Judges in NY are picked.  As a former Democratic committeeman who regularly collected petitions for delegates to Judicial conventions, I can assure you that no non-party hack makes it through that process.

I disagree
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2024, 12:22:07 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2024, 11:38:46 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2024, 12:05:05 PM by brucejoel99 »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2024, 07:38:11 AM »

Hunter's Wilmington trial starts this morning:

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2024, 07:48:01 AM »

Unlike Trump's trial, I imagine Hunter is going to let Lowell and team do the decision making here and not interfere with the strategies they think are best to win an acquittal.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2024, 08:17:54 AM »

Unlike Trump's trial, I imagine Hunter is going to let Lowell and team do the decision making here and not interfere with the strategies they think are best to win an acquittal.

The Newsmax & OAN brainrot meltdown if Abbe Lowell does nothing more than stand up in that Wilmington courtroom, argue that Hunter recently completing 11 days in rehab & attempting sober living in the meantime made him genuinely believe that he wasn't a present-tense user/addict at the time that he filled out the ATF's form asking him if he's a user/addict, & just sit back & watch as that Delaware jury takes less than an hr. to acquit… 😙🤌

Curious how Weiss' malpractice of reneging on a plea deal is never eLeCtIoN iNtErFeReNcE 🤔🧐
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2024, 09:05:36 AM »

Isn't there blame to go around on the original plea deal having issues?

I think after the dust settled though he should have reoffered it or at least wrapped up the rest of the investigation first so Hunter knew everything that he was dealing with before pleading.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2024, 01:35:21 PM »

They're in jury selection now. I saw they were able to remove a potential juror who thinks Trump is a victim of political persecution.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2024, 12:28:32 PM »

Lowell argues in opening statement that at the time Hunter bought his gun, he was in between relapses, struggling to get sober but trying, and therefore honestly considered himself NOT an unlawful drug user.

& we're already halfway there:

The Newsmax & OAN brainrot meltdown if Abbe Lowell does nothing more than stand up in that Wilmington courtroom, argue that Hunter recently completing 11 days in rehab & attempting sober living in the meantime made him genuinely believe that he wasn't a present-tense user/addict at the time that he filled out the ATF's form asking him if he's a user/addict, & just sit back & watch as that Delaware jury takes less than an hr. to acquit… 😙🤌
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2024, 12:32:26 PM »

Lowell argues in opening statement that at the time Hunter bought his gun, he was in between relapses, struggling to get sober but trying, and therefore honestly considered himself NOT an unlawful drug user.

& we're already halfway there:

Yes, well, the difference it makes when you listen to your lawyers, and also pay their bills.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2024, 02:30:55 PM »

This trial is a sham.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #322 on: June 05, 2024, 02:58:28 AM »

I honestly can't imagine how any fair jury in this trial would accept any evidence from the laptop when the prosecution can't even give them a clear chain of custody. Therefore, they can't prove anything on it is legit. I would scoff at any evidence from an electronic device that had at one time been in possession of the likes of Rudy Giuliani.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2024, 10:45:45 AM »

https://twitter.com/joekhaliltv/status/1798020464092323995

Given that this is the form, I have a hard time imagining how any jury could do anything other than acquit, unless the prosecution has some sort of significant evidence that Hunter was currently using drugs at the time he filled out the form that we are not aware of.

The wording on these sorts of forms is obviously intentional and carefully parsed when these forms are produced, and that question says "are you" (clearly present tense), whereas "have you ever been" is clearly past tense. And other questions so "are you" as well. There is a clear and intentional difference there between the word choice for the different questions. For example, if you look at question "l." the clear intent is to disallow people who are currently illegal immigrants from purchasing a gun, while also allowing people who were once an illegal immigrant but married a US citizen, got a green card, and became a US citizen are allowed to buy a gun.

I (or I would think anyone else reading) would interpret the form the same way if I were filling it out. I don't just have a reasonable doubt that I would interpret it the same way that Hunter did, but rather I am quite sure I would, lol.

Maybe the prosecution knows something we don't know yet, but if not I have no idea what the prosecution was thinking with this thing. If there is not that clear evidence of present tense drug use, then it seems like not only an acquittal, but a pretty open-and-shut acquittal, at least to me. Heck, if there is not other evidence, it could even be an acquittal if it were instead a "preponderance of the evidence" standard.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2024, 10:50:30 AM »

I believe the judge ruled that question would require an affirmative response if he was generally using drugs at the time even if he didn't use drugs the day he filled it out. Granted that's not very specific and open for interpretation.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies