The Raging Storm - Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:56:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Raging Storm - Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Raging Storm - Gameplay Thread  (Read 11520 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2023, 08:58:50 PM »

Treaty of Canberra

1. Japan withdraws entirely from India & Ceylon, to the east of the Padma & Brahmaputra river, and recognizes the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as part of the Indian Dominion.
2. Britain recognises Burma, Malaya, Singapore, & Indonesia (including Borneo) as part of the Japanese sphere of influence.
3. Japan recognises Hong Kong as part of the British Empire, on the condition the port won't be used to aid the Chinese in the Japanese-Chinese War.
4. Japan withdraws from the Solomon Islands.
5. Japan apologizes for the bombing of Port Cairns and Darwin. Japan will aid in the reconstruction of those two ports.
6. Britain apologizes for Operation Mikado. Britain will provide financial aid in the reconstruction of Tokyo, as well as providing advice to deal with the aftermath of the anthrax attack. Both nations will cooperate on the development of a human vaccine for anthrax.
7. Britain will cease providing aid to the Chinese nation.
8. An update on the Washington Naval Treaty will be signed elevating Japan as a Tier 1 naval power.
9. The British Empire, the Commonwealth of Australia, and the Japanese Empire stand opposed to the War of German Expansion.
10. The island of New Guinea, including both Western New Guinea and Papua New Guinea, is recognized as an independent state in the Australian sphere of influence.
11. The Aru Islands are recognized as part of the British Empire.

x
Winston Churchill

x
Hajime Sugiyama
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2023, 09:27:11 PM »

Wikimedia Commons

Address to the Commons by the Prime Minister Following the Signing of the Treaty of Canberra

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

I rise today to announce an end to the war in the Pacific.

*cheers from the benches*

The Japanese, having seen the awesome power of the British Empire, have laid down their arms for the last time. With the historic deployment of the anthrax bomb, the British Empire has shown just a small sliver of the fury she can bring down on her enemies. Any peoples across the globe who plot against Britain need only look at the cherry blossoms of Tokyo to know that my Government will stop at no bounds to defend our Empire!

For several years now, our bravest sons have given their livelihood and their lives in the defense of our Empire. They have fought with honor on land, on sea, and in the air. The Treaty of Canberra preserves their sacrifice while ensuring that not one more drop of British blood needs to be spilled to the depth of that dark ocean to blunt the spear of Japanese expansion. We have snapped the shaft of the Japanese spear!

I have secured for our great British Empire security in India, in Hong Kong, in Ceylon, and in Australia, and in the many Pacific Islands. These territories are now firmly, and in perpetuity, part of the British family. No more will they live in fear of the Japanese Emperor's reign of terror. The Union Jack is flying high, and flying proud.

Tomorrow we begin the process of rebuilding. Tomorrow we remind ourselves of the German Reich, sitting just miles off our shores and ready to strike. But today we celebrate that the War in Pacific is over.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2023, 09:50:20 PM »

Franco-Japanese Treaty of Pondicherry

1. France recognises the Empire of Vietnam as an independent nation within the Japanese sphere of influence.
2. France recognises the Cambodian and Laotian parts of Indochina as part of the Kingdom of Siam.
3. France withdraws their military forces from Indochina.
4. France gains exclusive trading rights over Vietnamese ports and is allowed to establish a civilian/merchant presence here.
5. The Empire of Japan gains trading rights over Pondicherry and is allowed to establish a civilian/merchant presence here.
6. All prisoners of wars from both sides - regarding this conflict - must be released. French citizens who wish to leave Indochina will be allowed to leave safety. Those who wish to stay, will be allowed to do so unless they're part of the military.
7. France is allowed to maintain friendship ties with the Empire of Vietnam and Kingdom of Siam, if this is the wish of these countries.
8. Japan refrains from further military action towards the French Republic, and apologizes for wrongdoings, recognising their act was an act of agression.

X Hajime Sugiyama
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2023, 09:51:16 PM »

Franco-Japanese Treaty of Pondicherry

1. France recognises the Empire of Vietnam as an independent nation within the Japanese sphere of influence.
2. France recognises the Cambodian and Laotian parts of Indochina as part of the Kingdom of Siam.
3. France withdraws their military forces from Indochina.
4. France gains exclusive trading rights over Vietnamese ports and is allowed to establish a civilian/merchant presence here.
5. The Empire of Japan gains trading rights over Pondicherry and is allowed to establish a civilian/merchant presence here.
6. All prisoners of wars from both sides - regarding this conflict - must be released. French citizens who wish to leave Indochina will be allowed to leave safety. Those who wish to stay, will be allowed to do so unless they're part of the military.
7. France is allowed to maintain friendship ties with the Empire of Vietnam and Kingdom of Siam, if this is the wish of these countries.
8. Japan refrains from further military action towards the French Republic, and apologizes for wrongdoings, recognising their act was an act of agression.

X Hajime Sugiyama

xCharles Maurras
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2023, 10:06:07 PM »

Italo-Egyptian Agreement
Signatories agree to the following:

1. The Italian Empire will serve as a guarantor for the safe passage of Egyptian vessels in the Mediterranean.
2. Italian bases in Dodecanese Islands shall be open and provide safe harbor to Egyptian vessels, as well as provide fueling and supply support.
3. The Italian Empire will serve as a guarantor of the independent sovereignty of the Kingdom of Egypt and the Sudan.

x IL DUCE, Benito Mussolini
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2023, 10:06:49 PM »

Treaty of Canberra

1. Japan withdraws entirely from India & Ceylon, to the east of the Padma & Brahmaputra river, and recognizes the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as part of the Indian Dominion.
2. Britain recognises Burma, Malaya, Singapore, & Indonesia (including Borneo) as part of the Japanese sphere of influence.
3. Japan recognises Hong Kong as part of the British Empire, on the condition the port won't be used to aid the Chinese in the Japanese-Chinese War.
4. Japan withdraws from the Solomon Islands.
5. Japan apologizes for the bombing of Port Cairns and Darwin. Japan will aid in the reconstruction of those two ports.
6. Britain apologizes for Operation Mikado. Britain will provide financial aid in the reconstruction of Tokyo, as well as providing advice to deal with the aftermath of the anthrax attack. Both nations will cooperate on the development of a human vaccine for anthrax.
7. Britain will cease providing aid to the Chinese nation.
8. An update on the Washington Naval Treaty will be signed elevating Japan as a Tier 1 naval power.
9. The British Empire, the Commonwealth of Australia, and the Japanese Empire stand opposed to the War of German Expansion.
10. The island of New Guinea, including both Western New Guinea and Papua New Guinea, is recognized as an independent state in the Australian sphere of influence.
11. The Aru Islands are recognized as part of the British Empire.

x
Winston Churchill

x Billy Hughes, Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Australia
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2023, 10:08:01 PM »

Treaty of Geneva

1. The German Reich apologizes for the destructive flooding of the Netherlands and for its involvement in the poisoning of Belgium.
2. The British blockade of the North Sea and all economic sanctions placed on the German Reich are lifted immediately.
3. The Belgian region of Wallonia is recognized as part of the French State.
4. The Belgian region of Flanders is recognized as part of the German Reich.
5. The City of Brussels is recognized as an independent Free City-State, guaranteed by the British Empire.
6. The regions of Alsace and Lorraine are recognized as part of the French State.
7. Denmark and the Netherlands are recognized as part of the German sphere of influence.
8.The African continent will be divided [as the map says]. The British Empire shall maintain and enjoy basing and movement rights in the Cape Bon region of Tunisia.
9. The British Empire, German Reich, and French State acknowledge the awesome destructive power of biological and chemical weapons and resolve to take all efforts to limit their usage.
10. All prisoners of war held by the British Empire, the German Reich, and the French State shall be released and returned to their homeland immediately.

x
Winston Churchill
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2023, 10:09:00 PM »

Treaty of Geneva

1. The German Reich apologizes for the destructive flooding of the Netherlands and for its involvement in the poisoning of Belgium.
2. The British blockade of the North Sea and all economic sanctions placed on the German Reich are lifted immediately.
5. The City of Brussels is recognized as an independent Free City-State, guaranteed by the British Empire.
6. The regions of Alsace and Lorraine are recognized as part of the French State.
7. Denmark and the Netherlands are recognized as part of the German sphere of influence.
8.The African continent will be divided [as the map says]. The British Empire shall maintain and enjoy basing and movement rights in the Cape Bon region of Tunisia.
9. The British Empire, German Reich, and French State acknowledge the awesome destructive power of biological and chemical weapons and resolve to take all efforts to limit their usage.
10. All prisoners of war held by the British Empire, the German Reich, and the French State shall be released and returned to their homeland immediately.

x
Winston Churchill

xCharles Maurras
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2023, 10:12:55 PM »

Victory!

Citizens of our proud nation! Today marks a historic day in the annals of our Empire. A day when our resolve was tested, our spirit challenged, and our unity fortified! Our adversaries sought to weaken us with treacherous tactics, attacking our beloved capital. Yet, like the rising sun that never falters, we emerged stronger, brighter, and more formidable than ever before!

Our foes anticipated our downfall, but what have we achieved? We've not only defended our home but expanded our horizons. Britain, once an empire where the sun never set, has been compelled by the might and will of Japan to cede vast territories. Burma, Malaya, Singapore, and Indonesia – these lands are now under our protective embrace. And while they thought they could break our spirit with covert operations, we ensured they apologized and committed to aiding in our recovery! Tokyo might have faced a tempest, but in its wake, we have cast an everlasting eclipse over the once-mighty British Empire! They've acknowledged our rightful place, not only in Asia but on the world stage. Today, the world gazes in awe as Japan claims its rightful status as a naval superpower, reflecting our dominant position on the high seas.

Yet, the path ahead still demands our attention and strength. Our march towards regional stability persists, with China still at the horizon. The winds of change blow in our favor as France, too, acknowledges our influence, bringing Vietnam into our fold. Our naval jewels – our carriers, our prized ships – remain unscathed, echoing our unwavering resilience. They are not just vessels, but symbols of our future aspirations, ready to sail the vast oceans, declaring our dominance. To every individual of our mighty Empire, the sacrifice we've all given has been great but focus on the journey ahead. Under our flag, emblematic of our strength and unity, we are destined to carve a future that will be celebrated for eternity and beyond.

For Japan, forever forward!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2023, 10:27:31 PM »

Treaty of Geneva

x
Winston Churchill

xCharles Maurras

xAlfred Hugenberg
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2023, 10:30:46 PM »

Hughes' Final Speech to Parliament

Mr Speaker, Members of Parliament, and Senators,

Thia morning, I tendered my resignation as Prime Minister of this country.

I saw my task as to bring Australia through the crisis of possible invasion, and rally our nation. With the signing of the Treaty of Canberra, my task is complete. Our country has survived a great national crisis, and can now begin focusing on the reconstruction of our ports, and preparation for events elsewhere in the world.

The last war saw me make many decisions that I now regret. I can only hope that I have repaid for those mistakes.

I would like to thank my colleagues on all parties. Mr Page, your service to this nation as Deputy Prime Minister and Agriculture Minister will not be forgotten, and neither will the support of the Country Party. Mr Beazley, the support of yourself and the Labor Party has been beyond exemplary; you could have used this yo seize political power for yourself,  but you put your nation first.

Above all, i thank my UAP colleagues for their support in this. You have been truly the best people i have worked with in my life.

I must say gentlemen, i very much look forward to sitting on my porch with a cup of tea and watching the sun go down. Thank you
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2023, 10:38:57 PM »

Wikimedia Commons

Address to the Commons by the Prime Minister Following the Signing of the Treaty of Geneva

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

I rise today to announce an end to the War in Europe.

Let us remember, first, where Britain has been. Only a few short years ago, we stood alone in the world, attacked and surrounded by enemies on all sides. The Germans, the French, the Japanese, the traitors of India, the Spanish, and on and on. London was battered, our resolve shaken. Those were dark, dark days.

*moans from the benches*

But Britain stood tall. Thanks to the unyielding support of the British people, we rose from the shadows. Britannia ruled the seas from Europe, across Africa, the Indian Ocean, and the Pacific. We secured our shores in a way never before seen. We secured many notable victories along the way, but we also lost many young men. Too many young men. Too many families missing a key figure. Too many empty chairs at the supper table, never to be filled.

*moans from the benches*

It is for those families that, after displaying the awesome might of the British Empire in Tokyo, I accepted German calls for peace. The Kaiser came to me on bended knee, begging to stop the bleeding. He knew that, despite his brutal tactics in Belgium, and the Netherlands, and across Europe, he knew that the British would fight on, to the last man, to the last breath, if we had to.

The Kaiser knew that we would not withhold any weapon from our arsenal in the battle for victory. In order to spare the peoples of Europe from the desolation unleashed on Tokyo, we pursued peace. And the Kaiser bent and bowed to our negotiators. This is not a German peace, or a French peace, but a British peace. We ensured no German presence in the Mediterranean. We ensured no people in Europe will suffer the same fate as the Dutch. We secured British bases in Tunisia. Importantly, we ensured our POWs will get home safely.

After nearly a decade, the German threat has been neutered. New trade routes have been opened. An independent Belgian City-State has been secured - I hope to personally see King Leopold and his Government return there soon. British Africa and the British presence in the Mediterranean have been consolidated and strengthened. The British realms from Canada to Australia are safe and prosperous. I can stand before you today and say, as has been said for generations, the Sun never sets on the British Empire.

Now comes a new era for Britain. The Britain we wake up in today is far stronger than the Britain of yesterday. We can go forward knowing that when we faced the ultimate test, Britain stood tall and answered the call.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2023, 10:46:44 PM »

Treaty of Jakarta

1. The German Empire recognises Indonesia as part of the Japanese sphere of influence
2. The Empire of Japan recognises the territorial changes outlined in the Treaty of Geneva
3. German companies are permitted to form joint ventures with Japanese counterparts for nickel mining operations on the island of Sulawesi.  The profits shall be split evenly, while the ecological and cultural integrity of Sulawesi is maintained.  No other country may mine for or sell nickel in Sulawesi for the next 20 years.
4. The German Empire gains exclusive access to oil drilling, exporting, and oil use in Indonesia alongside Japan, with the understanding that Japan retains the right to negotiate separate trade agreements with other nations after ten years.

X Hajime Sugiyama
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2023, 10:48:43 PM »

Treaty of Jakarta

1. The German Empire recognises Indonesia as part of the Japanese sphere of influence
2. The Empire of Japan recognises the territorial changes outlined in the Treaty of Geneva
3. German companies are permitted to form joint ventures with Japanese counterparts for nickel mining operations on the island of Sulawesi.  The profits shall be split evenly, while the ecological and cultural integrity of Sulawesi is maintained.  No other country may mine for or sell nickel in Sulawesi for the next 20 years.
4. The German Empire gains exclusive access to oil drilling, exporting, and oil use in Indonesia alongside Japan, with the understanding that Japan retains the right to negotiate separate trade agreements with other nations after ten years.

X Hajime Sugiyama

X Alfred Hugenberg
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2023, 10:50:48 AM »

Statement from No. 10 Downing Street

Today, the Prime Minister has announced he will undertake a nationwide tour to celebrate the end of the wars in Europe and the Pacific and to welcome home returning troops. The Prime Minister and senior Cabinet officials will make visits in:

Dover;
Portsmouth;
Exeter;
Newham, Tower Hamlets, Kensington and Chelsea, and Richmond upon Thames in London;
Cardiff;
Birmingham;
Colchester;
Norwich;
Nottingham;
Sheffield;
Liverpool;
Manchester;
Leeds;
York;
Newcastle upon Tyne;
Berwick-upon-Tweed;
Edinburgh;
Glasgow;
Inverness;
Londonderry;
Omagh;
Portadown;
Belfast.

All visits will include meeting with local veterans organizations, business and industry leaders, hospitals and health care workers, and teachers and school children. The Prime Minister will applaud the British people for their strength and perseverance during a time of unprecedented challenges and thank the British people for their continued support and loyalty. The visits will promote the Treaties of Canberra and Geneva as the best deal for Britain, ending what would have been many more years of suffering and loss at home and abroad.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2023, 11:12:15 AM »

Eulogy for Chief of Police, Arturo Bocchini

It was Luigi Federzoni who recommended that I appoint Arturo Bocchini to be Chief of the State Police. It was good advice at the time, but I do not believe Signore Federzoni truly understood what he was just given to me. He had given to me an irreplaceable man. Signore Bocchini proved to be the most able and competent Chief of Police in the history of this country. He was an efficient bureaucrat and manager, capable of managing with the sprawling apparatus of state with incredible ease, he was an effective inspector and investigator, who rooted out crime with unbelievable success. He made the country safe. He was a man whom I sought out for counsel, and who provided that counsel reliably, with great sense and comprehension. But more than anything else, he was a dedicated fascist, and a strong man. He understood that the work of police requires ruthlessness, a lack of sentimentality, a lack of liberal moralist pretensions. It is not an easy job, it is not meant for weak men. It is meant for strong men. Men who know how to destroy enemies. Arturo Bocchini was one such man.

Signore Bocchini was a lion for fascism. He gave his life to fascism, and to Italy. He gave us everything, and expected nothing. It is a great tragedy that we have lost such a man. He is an ideal fascist, a man of great skill, who possessed vision for what Italy could be, and who knew what was necessary to destroy obstacles to that goal. He was a truly selfless man. A man of virtue, a man who deserves to go down in the annals of the history of this country as a great man. I extend my salute to Signore Bocchini, one brother to another. Italy will miss him dearly, and the State Police will continue their good work in his name. The Palazzo del Viminale, the headquarters of the State Police, will be renamed the Palazzo del Bocchini in his honor.

Thank you Signore, for your good work and service. Salute!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2023, 07:24:19 PM »

L'humiliation Nationale est Finie

Premier Maurras Addresses the Nation on the Treaty of Geneva

Source: Marxists.org

Countrymen!

The national humiliation is finished. Faced with the maelstrom of war, we have persevered. Faced with attacks on our Empire across the globe, many predicted our demise, but France is now stronger than ever. From Gabon to Tunisia and from the Ivory Coast to Pondicherry her soldiers stand guard, defending civilization and French values. Now, with Wallonia liberated - nearly all the French speakers in Europe and the world are under the protection of France. Already, our aid battalions are streaming into Wallonia to bring aid and succor to that beleaguered people.

This treaty, coupled with the signing of the Latin Pact, has completed that process begun two years ago - reintegrating France into the ranks of the European and Global Powers. This pact ushers in a new European order. No longer will the Western Powers, those beacons of civilization and Christianity, squabble and send their sons to die in the maelstrom of war.

Today Prime Minister Churchill and Chancellor Hugenberg choose peace over continued war and for that they should be commended. It is a fair peace, a moderate peace. There will be those citizens of all the signatories who wish for the continuation of war; for the continuation of bloodshed - but it is not their sons who are shedding blood. It is not their families which are withering under the barrage of artillery. Pay those warmongers no mind. Today is a day for peace.

Yet we cannot allow this treaty to lull us into a sense of complacency. There are still crises at home and abroad. Our neighbors in Spain remain beset by the Socialist tide and domestic rebellion. In Eastern Europe the Poles and Hungarians remain engaged in a fight for their very survival. France remains a committed defender of European civilization and a solid compatriot of all those in the fight against the Bolshevik menace.

Finally, there is the matter of Indochina. The loss of that colony stings - there is no denying it. Yet by these terms we have preserved a favored position in Southeast Asia and have protected our bases throughout the rest of Asia. France remains a power on six continents.

Today is a day to celebrate and to remember. To remember the losses of 1938-40, to remember the pain which is being suffered across Europe, and to celebrate the newfound peace. Join me France in welcoming in the new European order.

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2023, 03:01:14 PM »

THE LATIN PACT EXPANDS

The PACT of THE LATIN NATIONS

We assembled, the governments of France and the Kingdom of Italy welcome with open arms to the Latin Pact our brother nation of Portugal. Portugal shares its common heritage with the French and Italian nations, and shares in its outlook the defeat of Bolshevism and the protection of Christian civilization. The ascension of Portugal to the agreement merely formalizes the already deep ties between Paris, Rome and Lisbon. On Portugal's suggestion the security guarantees encompassed in this pact now include all territories, in Europe and elsewhere, possessed by each signatory, and as such the Latin nations shall united around the world.

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to defend each other by force of arms in the case of attack

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to coordinate on matters of security and defense

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to coordinate and cooperate for matters of mutual economic benefit, and provide preference for one another in trade and international commerce, and coordinate on projects especially in such a manner that maximizes strategic flexibility and independence

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to undertake all efforts to the reopening of Mediterranean commerce

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to cooperate in areas of suppressing internal subversives and malcontents

France, Italy, and Portugal agree for joint military planning and cooperation in peacetime

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to undertake all efforts to protect and preserve the colonial possessions of Latin Pact members.

xCharles Maurras
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2023, 03:14:04 PM »

THE LATIN PACT EXPANDS

The PACT of THE LATIN NATIONS

We assembled, the governments of France and the Kingdom of Italy welcome with open arms to the Latin Pact our brother nation of Portugal. Portugal shares its common heritage with the French and Italian nations, and shares in its outlook the defeat of Bolshevism and the protection of Christian civilization. The ascension of Portugal to the agreement merely formalizes the already deep ties between Paris, Rome and Lisbon. On Portugal's suggestion the security guarantees encompassed in this pact now include all territories, in Europe and elsewhere, possessed by each signatory, and as such the Latin nations shall united around the world.

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to defend each other by force of arms in the case of attack

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to coordinate on matters of security and defense

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to coordinate and cooperate for matters of mutual economic benefit, and provide preference for one another in trade and international commerce, and coordinate on projects especially in such a manner that maximizes strategic flexibility and independence

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to undertake all efforts to the reopening of Mediterranean commerce

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to cooperate in areas of suppressing internal subversives and malcontents

France, Italy, and Portugal agree for joint military planning and cooperation in peacetime

France, Italy, and Portugal agree to undertake all efforts to protect and preserve the colonial possessions of Latin Pact members.

xCharles Maurras
x IL DUCE, Benito Mussolini
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2023, 04:08:24 PM »

Japan supports Alfonsist Spain

In the spirit of promoting global stability, peace, and understanding, Japan feels compelled to address the ongoing conflict within Spain. We have always believed in the fundamental right of nations to self-determination and the establishment of governance that ensures longevity and prosperity.

Having carefully assessed the situation and in deep reflection upon the legacy of the late Francisco Franco, who we believe would have aligned with the Alfonsist cause, Japan hereby extends its diplomatic support to the Alfonsist faction in the Spanish civil war. We believe that a victory for the Alfonsists would pave the way for a more stable and harmonious Spain in the coming years.

In recognizing the Alfonsists, we express our hope that, once the conflict is resolved, Spain can embark on a path of growth, unity, and international collaboration. We remain committed to the principles of peace and diplomacy and will continue to support efforts that align with these values.

Hajime Sugiyama

Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2023, 10:57:37 PM »

Treaty of Cadiz
1. The Portuguese Republic and the Kingdom of Spain acknowledge the importance of maintaining stability and peace in the Iberian Peninsula and the surrounding waters. 
2. The Portuguese Republic agrees to halt all activities which might interfere with the internal stability of the government of the Kingdom of Spain and to immediately recall any persons under its employ who might have interfered with said stability.
3. The Portuguese Republic will turn any property or land currently occupied by its armed forces that are acknowledged as outside its jurisdiction to the legitimate government of the Kingdom of Spain and its armed forces.
4. The Kingdom of Spain will return the Spanish Territories on the Gulf of Guinea to the custody of the Portuguese Republic.
5. The Kingdom of Spain and the Portuguese Republic will work together to foster greater ties between each other and similar nations.

x Infante Juan, Regent of Spain
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2023, 10:14:49 AM »

Treaty of Damascus

1. Under cases of aggression, invasion, and other violations of sovereignty, the Soviet Union shall aid in the defense of the Syrian Arab Republic.

2. Tariffs between the Soviet Union and Syrian Arab Republic shall be reduced on essential goods.

3. Consultation on matters of improving national infrastructure shall be provided by the Soviet Union at the discretion of the Syrian Arab Republic.

4. Refugee and emigration programs for members of the Jewish and Kurdish communities residing within Syrian territory shall be sponsored for relocation to safe grounds within Soviet territory.

X Chairman Genrikh Yagoda, Soviet Union
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2023, 10:39:08 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2023, 10:50:55 PM by At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder »

Treaty for the Ascension of the Kingdom of Greece into the Eurasian Alliance

Be it resolved:

1. This treaty is conducted between the following member states: the Republic of Turkey, the Imperial State of Iran, the Kingdom of Iraq, the Kingdom of Afghanistan, and the Kingdom of Greece. The entity that shall be created as a result of this treaty is henceforth referred to as the Eurasian Alliance.

2. The Eurasian Alliance is a binding organization with the objective of instituting peaceful relations and economic prosperity among nations spanning Europe and Asia.

3. Upon membership to the Alliance, signatories agree that access to trade channels shall undergo liberalization. Tariff rates for nonessential commodities shall have a cap of fifteen percent; for items considered essential or pertaining to national security, tariffs shall be no more than twenty-five percent.

4. Member states agree that an additional three percent of their budgets over the next ten fiscal years upon ratification shall be devoted to transportation for interorganizational commerce. These funds will be allocated to the development, expansion, and maintenance of infrastructure including but not limited to roads, highways, railroads, airport terminals, railways, pipelines, and maritime systems. Following ten years, members agree for a permanent one percent increase in transportation budgets going forward. This continual project shall be known as the New Silk Road.

5. This treaty forms a mutual defense pact between all signatories wherein they agree to provide military assistance to one another in any instance where a member state is severely threatened, attacked, or in imminent range of being attacked by another nation. States under the Alliance will devote an additional one percent annually to their defense budgets for bearing increased responsibilities. The Kingdom of Greece shall not be compelled to send troops to fight in a conflict participated in by other member states that is not defensive in nature on Greek soil.

6. Militaries of each member state shall undergo greater integration to aim for close cooperation during times of war or strenuous geopolitical events. This shall be achieved through the formation of the Eurasian Affairs Council, comprising of defense ministers, leading generals, or other specially appointed representatives from each member state. The Council shall establish permanent residence in Ankara and possesses authority in military and intelligence affairs during times when the Eurasian Alliance's full capabilities are deemed necessary. Council members from each nation are of equal representation and approve decisions by majority vote. Heads of state possess veto power for decisions made by the Council that pertain to their nation's territory or nearby vicinity.

7. Under direction of the Eurasian Affairs Council, the armed forces for each member state shall receive specialized cross-training with forces from other countries to both enhance cultural understanding and better work in conjunction during operations.

8. Subsequent nations which ratify this treaty and join the Eurasian Alliance are subject to the same terms outlined earlier. Members possess veto power for future applicants that are deemed undesirable or otherwise unqualified for membership.

X President Ismet Inonu of Turkey
X Zahir Shah of Afghanistan
X Reza Shah of Iran
X King Faisal of Iraq
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2023, 04:55:54 PM »

Consider all treaties previously posted for approval now signed.

(Can't be bothered to sign like a dozen of them one by one)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2023, 06:23:43 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2023, 08:35:42 PM by Lumine »

Peace in Our Time?
The events of early 1942

"And so I say to this body, that the President has done America a great service by keeping it out of war, and by sparing our youth to be slaughtered in the utter barbarity of the European struggle for domination. I have much to disagree on with President Borah, but has he not been proven right by Canberra and Geneva? Has he not been proven right by the horrors and the poison gas and the bacteriological warfare? Must we offer ourselves as a sacrifice upon the altar of the old world, even if that means empowering the Communists and the Soviet Union? No! I say to you, that America First must always be our guiding principle, for it has been proven right once and for all..."

"There is much to be admired on Senator Lindbergh's life before coming to his august body, and his feats as an aviator will remain a shining example for generations to follow. But to see this hero become an apologist for Herr Hugenberg, the Butcher of the Netherlands; and for Sugiyama, the Monster from the East, sickens me to my core. Can we sit here and honestly argue that we have done the right thing? With the Germans dominating Europe and now having bases from which they can strike at America? With the Japanese Empire setting foot in Latin America? With nation after nation coming under the heel of dictatorship? No! I say to you that our President has been asleep at the wheel, and in his utter cowardice, he has done nothing when morality ought to have compelled him to act!"

(Senate debate between Charles Lindbergh (R-NJ) and Tom Connally (D-TX), 1942)

Europe

Birth of a New Nation

Adam Koc had ambitious plans, the scope of which only the most select leaders of Sanation had been made aware beforehand. Having been empowered through the Constitution to wield absolute powers, the Polish President used those very same powers to drastically re-alter the shape of his nation, and in so doing, take one step forward in realizing the late Pilsudski's dream of Międzymorze - Intermarium - the unity of Eastern Europe in a single bloc that would forever keep Russia (or Germany) at bay, and restore the old Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. In the act of a few decrees, Koc announced the full and formal reorganization of the Polish Republic and the captured Belarusian SSR into the Polish Commonwealth, a new federation ruled over by a Commonwealth President elected by popular vote with wide defense, foreign policy and economic powers. Immediately after, Koc called for a snap election to said office.

With the Sanation faction leaders keen to see him take up the post to then pounce upon the Polish Presidential vacancy - with Vice President Moscicki serving as a placeholder - and the opposition either refusing to engage on the "geopolitical charade" or, in the case of General Sikorski, offering lukewarm support, Koc won the subsequent low turnout contest. Opponents called it a sign of its lack of popular support, and Sanation partisans justified it as understandable given the war situation. On May 1st, 1942, at a grand ceremony in Warsaw, Adam Koc took the oath of office as President of the Polish Commonwealth. Alongside him were a number of dignataries from key allied regimes, including German General Kurt von Schleicher, French Foreign Minister Henri d’Astier de La Vigerie, Tsar Boris III of Bulgaria, Cardinal August Hlond as a Papal Legate, and representatives from Slovakia, Hungary and other anticommunist regimes.

In a single act, Poland has asserted its claims over the entirety of Belarus as part of this planned federation. However, and unlike Ukraine, Belarus has proved to be far more resistant of the Axis and/or supportive of Soviet rule, with reports of growing partisan activity and a lack of support for the notion of Polish domination. Within Sanation itself, the hardliner faction of Edward Rydz-Smidly has also been critical of the absence of Lithuania in the Commonwealth, asserting that the nation - currently under German occupation and potential annexation - ought to be annexed by Poland instead at the earliest opportunity.

Denmark and the Netherlands: Berlin's next target

As per the terms of the highly controversial Treaty of Geneva, the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Denmark were both recognized as "part of the German sphere of influence", without specification as to what this entailed. Copenhagen and The Hague immediately protested their inclusion in the strongest possible terms, with the Danes urging other nations to guarantee their neutrality and sovereignty, and with the Dutch government openly accusing London of "having sold them to the Germans". Despite a treaty clause which openly apologized for the flooding of the Netherlands, the Dutch government - and the Queen - had few illusions as to what was going to happen next. In contrast, Denmark hoped for a peaceful solution until the very end, only mobilizing its small military at the last possible moment. Soon afterward, a Reichswehr corps crossed the border into Jutland.

The Danish Royal Army fought bravely for three days in a series of staged withdrawals, until the entire peninsula was overwhelmed. In Copenhagen, the government agonized over what to do, the Kriegsmarine having swept away the small Danish navy to close off escape to Iceland. Having no chance of British support and fearing the gassing of Copenhagen, the King and his cabinet surrendered to the German invasion force. Over the next few weeks, Kriegsmarine squadrons subsequently occupied the Faroe Islands, Iceland and even Greenland, drastically expanding their strategic position in the North Atlantic and ruthlessly crushing down any remaining opposition from Danish militias or police forces. It was to be a major accomplishment for Germany's naval position despite its depleted navy, but one that would have crucial consecuences in Washington D.C.

As to the Netherlands, following the swift annexation of Flanders, the German High Command in the West remobilized its forces previously used in the Belgium campaign for another swift victory. Knowing the disarray caused in late 1938 and the hardships the Dutch had endured, triumph was taken for granted. This time, the previously victorious Alfred Jodl severely misunderestimated not just the passionate Queen Wilhelmina, but the Dutch will to resist. Their new Commander in Chief, Jan Joseph Godfried, had long since planned his response, having had three years to make some preparations. While far from ideal due to shortages and previous disarray, they proved to be deadly. Jodl won the first few battles with ease, his Armored Forces repelling the Dutch with superior firepower yet becoming unsettled at the high Dutch morale.

In scenes resembling the Eastern Front, many Dutch units would fight to the last man or attempt any possible sign of resistance. The more Dutch ground was occupied, the more accute this became within the local population, which had learned to loathe the Germans with a burning passion after the blowing of the dykes. As the Germans pushed inwards in an attempt to seize Amsterdam and The Hague to secure a swift conquest, Wilhelmina authorized Godfried to enact the National Redoubt. Dozens of dykes, either having survived the German raids or painstakingly rebuilt in blood and toil after the last three years, were summarily blown up. Thousands of German troops drowned as much of the Netherlands was pushed beneath the sea again - or at the very least, of a waterline above one or even two meters - as an entire ring of water left the core of the nation (Amsterdam, The Hague and Utrecht) into a two-ring defensive line, with a final ring set up to secure Amsterdam should the first fall.

Over the next couple of months, Jodl and his forces crashed into the Dutch National Redoubt, staging a series of costly landings only to be dislodged by the near fanatical resistance of the Dutch Royal Army and the Dutch civilian militias. All across the non-flooded countryside, resistance networks - seemingly set up in advance - sprung up, launching multiple raids on Jodl's garrisons and rearguard and forcing the German occupation forces to adopt increasingly brutal methods as the population actively resists what they have called an attempt at genocide. With the Kriegsmarine blockading - as much as it can - the National Redoubt it is only a matter of time before the Dutch stronghold falls, but Wilhelmina and Godfried appear determined to ensure a heavy price is paid. And, in the meantime, the occupation of what is left of the country - in an operation that has already resulted in dozens of thousands of civilian casualties - seemingly resembles the horrors of the Balkans right from the start.

Versailles Avenged

In Berlin, the news that the British had finally been forced to accept a negotiated end to the war - a feat that had gone unachieved in 1918 - threw the crowds into a sense of relief and a brief frenzy only muted by the realization that the slaughter in the East would continue regardless. Still, the end of the blockade was inmensely welcomed news, just as the notion that Germany's cities would no longer be threatened with air raids or Tokyo-style Anthrax attacks did much to aid national morale. The apparent relief of the general public was to be a marked contrast with the German elites in the military and the DNF, many of whom saw the acceptance of Alsace-Lorraine as French territory as a betrayal of what they had accomplished and "a stain on the nation's prestige". Indeed, it seemed as if the more Germany avenged the humiliations of Versailles, the more determined the Junkers would be to demand for more, seeing the war as their chance to at last, secure domination of the entire continent.

On the surface, the Treaty of Geneva offered much of it, enabling the return of the German Colonial Empire - much hailed in conservative circles - and the expansion of German control from Flanders to the Jutland, all in one stroke. And yet, rather than being satisfied in victory, Alsace-Lorraine remained a black mark held against the Chancellor, a sign that despite his cleverness as a strategic, he would never truly be "one of them". For the meantime, Hugenberg was able to dull such dissatisfaction as the German High Command was made complicit in the implementation of the Treaty of Geneva, including multiple appointments - and or other incentives - to prevent visible voices of opposition. General von Schleicher, Hugenberg's new bęte noire, was sent to Poland, keeping him sidelined at the moment.

As a result, frustration in the conservative elites has shifted towards Warsaw, which is seen as having gained a bit more prominence than previously desired. Already some of the old Junkers clamor for the German annexation of Danzig or the Corridor to compensate for the Polish seizure of Belarus and their potential growth eastwards, in what is sure to be an uncomfortable factor for the thus far victorious Chancellor.

Victory in Defeat - France rises from the ashes

Perhaps the unequivocal victor from the Treaty of Geneva, even more so than Germany, was the French Republic. Having secured "Peace with Honor" with Berlin in 1940, only two years after the new definitive treaty returned several African colonies back to French rule, and even provided for expansion in Europe proper, with the dissolution of the Belgian state allowing Paris to sweep in and annex Wallonia. Advancing French troops and administrators would be reasonably well-recieved, with French protection being seen as far more preferrable to German governance after the desolation of the entire region via chemical warfare. This, in turn, dulled some of the public outcry at the Treaty of Pondicherry, which was seen as a humiliation despite the Japanese "apology" for its previous acts of aggression. The cherry on top, of course, was the decisive diplomatic defeat inflicted on General Giraud, who saw his new government in exile being handed over an immediate death sentence.

Thus, when Prime Minister Maurras was able to claim that the national humiliation was over, more than a few believed him. Conservatives out of a firm ideological adherence to the Pétain-Maurras regime, and many others out of relief that the war was over... and that France, despite it all, had survived in reasonably good shape. Around the same time, Maurras swung the government into an unexpected direction, casting away the proto-Fascist followers of Jacques Doriot to bring in Francois de la Rocque and his PSF - increasingly powerful as a mass party -, making the previous skeptic his new Deputy Prime Minister in return for a number of concessions. It was under this backdrop that Maurras inaugurated the Mediterranean Games in Marseille, at the new Jeanne D'Arc Stadium.

Delegations from France, Italy, Alfonsist Spain - a Carlist delegation attempted to participate, being summarily thrown out -, Hungary, Turkey, Romania, Portugal, Greece and Bulgaria all took part, providing for a reasonably efficient event and an acceptable replacement for the 1940 Olympic Games that would have been held in Rome. Despite surprise triumphs by the smaller nations, Italy outpaced France in terms of medals won, securing victory in the first iteration of the games whilst Bulgaria attained a surprise 3rd place.

The Geopolitical Switch

Whereas the pre-1938 standard across Europe was for smaller nations to cling to their neutrality as a shield instead of the - seemingly - risky proposition of embracing alliances (a tendency which prevented the Eurasian Alliance from drastic expansion), the repeated violation of neutrality on behalf of the major belligerents in the European conflict inevitably altered said views. The invasion of the Netherlands and Denmark, held after the signing of the treaty, further reinforced the notion that neutrals were not safe, a notion which affected Germany most of all. Portugal, seeking a rapid exit from the Spanish conflict and pressured from different sides, promptly abandoned the war after making a deal with Toledo, expanding their colonial empire and preventing them from having to shed further blood. Soon afterwards, Lisbon sought further safety by joining the Latin Pact, an Italo-French "Entente" widely seen as a new counterweight to the Polish-German Axis.

Greece, now skeptical of future British protection and increasingly alienated by Berlin, sought its safety instead with Ankara, joining the Eurasian Alliance in a surprise move that has seemingly vindicated Atatürk's long-term courting of General Metaxas's fiercely anti-communist regime. Romania, while abiding by the terms of the treaty with the USSR, has also strengthened its ties to Paris and Rome. The Spanish Carlists, having had such diplomatic success in 1941, have found themselves with few friends as the French Republic has decisively swung behind the Alfonsist cause and blockaded the Bay of Biscay in an "anti-piracy" operation, forcing Prince Xavier and General Sanjurjo to rely on Axis help if they are to win the Second Spanish Civil War.

And while Norway, Sweden and Finland are said to be discussing further cooperation to deter any possible German or Soviet aggression in Scandinavia proper, rumor has it that Switzerland is undergoing a major defense build-up...

Britain - Sturm und Drang

To a certain degree, the British public had come to accept that they were alone in the struggle against the Axis and Japan, particularly as the United States - to a British sensibility - appeared not to care about the fate of democracy in the West. This resigned attitude to a long struggle, combined with the determination to prevail, was to be surprised by the sudden arrival of twin treaties. Instead of closing one front to focus on the other, the Churchill Ministry stunned observers by bringing both its conflicts with Japan and Germany to a close. For the British public, a sense of relief was observed. No longer would the British islands risk invasion, and no longer would they see their men maimed under the columns of German nerve gasses. For many, a negotiated was, if not ideal, at the very least something to contemplate.

Churchill was to find a different mood in the House of Commons. The Treaty of Canberra was controversial in itself, with many MPs expressing their belief that Britain and should have doubled down on its use of revolutionary bacteriological warfare to press on their advantage. And yet, it was also easier for the Prime Minister to make the case for the treaty, as it seemed to confirmed Britain would prevail in India, save Australia, and recover some of its lost colonies East of Suez. Compared to the prospect of a long and bitter war againt the Japanese, it was certainly no national humiliation. And despite the grumbling of the disappointed Tory hawks and some isolated groupings - including Sir Oswald Mosley, who called for total victory against Japan -, Parliament approved the treaty by a healthy margin. So did the rest of the Commonwealth.

The Treaty of Geneva was an altogether different thing. There were many in the British intellectual elite who praised the Prime Minister for his restraint, having seemingly decided that the cost of total victory against Germany was just too high to be worth it, and that to do to Berlin what had been done to Tokyo might well have proved unforgivable. But the Members of Parliament, as article upon article was read upon, a sense of bewilderment soon turned to outrage. Belgium, a nation for whose independence Britain had always fought, was to be dissolved. Two neutral nations sold as part of the German sphere. The Kaiser's colonial empire, back from the dead. And the exiled governments seemingly crushed in their hopes. Debate lasted for days upon end, a ruinous performance that poisoned the government to its very core as increasing numbers of MPs denounced Churchill for "surrendering to the Kaiser".

This was not to say, of course, that the Prime Minister was left alone. Most of the Cabinet stood behind, as did the (majority) dovish faction of the Conservative Party. The King's support, seemingly consolidated after the acceptance of an arrangement for his future marriage - a private, morganatic match to Wallis Warfield, albeit one performed by a willing CoE Bishop -, proved to be vital, ensuring that enough MPs stood behind Prime Minister and Monarch in the task of bringing peace to Britain. In a masterful stroke, Mosley's BUF dropped all of their previous pro-peace rhetoric regarding Germany, giving voice to the opponents of the Treaty of Geneva with a furious denounciation of German horrors that left the chamber - almost against their own will - applauding Mosley as he stirred anti-German sentiment. A handful of young Tory MPs led by Harold Macmillan and John Profumo left the government benches, proclaiming themselves "Independent Conservatives" against the Geneva Treaty.

With the government having such an unassailable majority, the treaty was destined for ratification, but only after the second largest parliamentary revolt in history (after Ramsay MacDonald's Indian Bill) and the departure of Stafford Cripps and the Labour Party from the government. Even so, Churchill had a brief respite from the chaos, undertaking an initially successful nationwide tour alongside the Cabinet which saw him obtain far more support - both for the King and for Churchill personally - that he had obtained in the House. That is, until the combined news of the German invasion of the Netherlands and Denmark... and the news of the mass slaughter of thousands of British POWs following the dramatic events in Japan. Right afterwards, Archibald Sinclair also announced that the Progressive Party would be abandoning the coalition as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies